Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the congressional report on torture be released?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What difference will it really make?

The whole world knows our CIA tortured captives and probably still does. So what's the purpose of telling who, when, why, and where -- heavily redacted of course!

Our shameful governmental security services -- at a cost of billions of dollars -- are busy every day searching for people to humiliate, isolate, torture and murder. In your name and my name since it's our money that finances this evil.

Our rights steadily diminish under both republican and democrat leadership. Your phone and my phone and every click on our computers are logged and analyzed and despite our knowing this is going on, nobody has yet been effective in curtailing the process by which our government continues to pursue its suspicions that all of us need to be controlled because all of us are the government's enemy.

Releasing the report on CIA tortures will only remind us all just how control of our government has eroded. How much are we supposed to take?

Few of us ever have contact with an elected official, but all of us have contact with police officers. Cops are the most obvious representatives of our government -- and now we are becoming ever more aware that they, and the people they work for are both our enemies. It's Them vs. Us.

Every day we read about or watch news reports that reveal the truth about the results of corporate control of our government. Are the cops working for you and me, or for Bank of America, Raytheon, Lockheed and JP Morgan?

Actually, whether the report on CIA torture is released or not won't make a bit of difference. We know they tortured. We know they torture.

I want EVERY aspect of govt transparent and every public employee accountable.

See how that works?

Sal

Sal

Yes, the national security apparatus in completely out of control.

And yes, the torture report should be released post haste.

Sal wrote:Yes, the national security apparatus in completely out of control.

Right along with the raw obamacaid data... the fast n furious info... the doj media wiretapping... the irs targeting... the benghazi cia mission... and the nsa metadata... right?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:Yes, the national security apparatus in completely out of control.

and the nsa metadata... right?

Yes.

You don't want to know about running guns to mexican drug cartels? You don't want to ensure that the irs acts in an impartial way? You want the doj to use bogus supeonas to intimidate the media? You want the cia to act against american interests?

Sal

Sal

I can distinguish between institutional and systematic rot corrupting the foundation of the nation, and phony, sensationalistic, manufactured scandals designed to rile up the rubes, who are easily distracted by the next shiny object.

Arming foreign criminal and terrorist cartels is manufactured? Wiretapping reporters and every citizen is phoney?

That leftist angst is a fickle thing... lol. You are a joke.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:You don't want to know about running guns to mexican drug cartels? You don't want to ensure that the irs acts in an impartial way? You want the doj to use bogus supeonas to intimidate the media? You want the cia to act against american interests?

If it's truly OUR country and not THEIRS, then the government should be our servants and not the other way around. IRS targeting for political purposes is WRONG. Having the DOJ harrass or intimidate journalists is WRONG. Our government should do what's right.

Isn't that a novel idea?

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:IRS targeting for political purposes is WRONG.

Congress tasked the IRS with doing just that.

You want this problem to go away?

Get rid of Citizens United and publicly finance elections.

I'd advocate for abolishing the CIA completely and severely curtailing the size and scope of the entire national security apparatus as well.

Pkrbum is good at focusing on symptoms.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum