Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 house races.....Kansas....Georgia.....and Montana have gotten national attention

+3
othershoe1030
Sal
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

very old people who had lost capacity.

The defense rests, your honor

"Defense" in this context is singular, so "The defense rests". It is a legal collective term, meaning the accused and his/her lawyers. So you admit in your post unbeknownst to your understanding of the English language, that you are the accused, an old person who has lost capacity. If you wanted to convey, that I somehow have lost my capacity, your proper response should have been the prosecution rests, your honor. Stupid is hard to fix. Foreign Policy, economics, and now law........tell me some more about random things.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:very old people who had lost capacity.

"Defense" in this context is singular, so "The defense rests". It is a legal collective term, meaning the accused and his/her lawyers.  So you admit in your post unbeknownst to your understanding of the English language, that you are the accused, an old person who has lost capacity.   If you wanted to convey, that I somehow have lost my capacity, your proper response should have been the prosecution rests, your honor.   Stupid is hard to fix.   Foreign Policy, economics, and now law........tell me some more about random things.

Thank you for this post. It explains a lot. Get some help.

Last edited by del.capslock on 4/11/2017, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:very old people who had lost capacity.

"Defense" in this context is singular, so "The defense rests". It is a legal collective term, meaning the accused and his/her lawyers.  So you admit in your post unbeknownst to your understanding of the English language, that you are the accused, an old person who has lost capacity.   If you wanted to convey, that I somehow have lost my capacity, your proper response should have been the prosecution rests, your honor.   Stupid is hard to fix.   Foreign Policy, economics, and now law........tell me some more about random things.
lol!

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The fake news and propaganda machine which Markle spammed this site and every blog in America, attempted to create a factual basis that Hillary was a criminal.   She was not.  It was an absurd proposition as people misquoted criminal statutes, court cases, and facts, but when the FBI opened a closed investigation where they said she did nothing wrong, and associated the same with Anthony Weiner.......the election was lost for midwestern traditional democratic voters who did not trust her trade promises.  It should have never have happened in America where a foreign nation can pull off what Russia did, but the truth is Hillary Clinton was stabbed in the back by her own husband meeting the AG on a runway......that hubris and arrogance could never be overcome even though nothing was done wrong, it once again added to the narrative and propaganda.

Ahh, I don't really think that was significant at all to anyone other than the repugs who were looking for anything. Loretta Lynch was an old friend of Bill Clinton and he appointed her to her job. I don't think he had any intention other than saying hello at a chance meeting.

Bull shit!

Well guess what Einstein? There were other people there. If he wanted to talk about Hillary and was trying to influence Lynch he would have called her on the phone not in front of a bunch of witnesses. He's not a stupid man.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:It was an ill advised meeting.  I doubt that anything inappropriate was discussed, but watching Bill Clinton at the end of the campaign, and things which were coming out of his mouth.....I am not sure he is hitting on all cylinders.  It interjected the FBI into a role which is not normal.  Bill Clinton screwed up big time.

I don't agree. As I said to Joani baloney Bill's not a stupid man. There were witnesses there.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The fake news and propaganda machine which Markle spammed this site and every blog in America, attempted to create a factual basis that Hillary was a criminal.   She was not.  It was an absurd proposition as people misquoted criminal statutes, court cases, and facts, but when the FBI opened a closed investigation where they said she did nothing wrong, and associated the same with Anthony Weiner.......the election was lost for midwestern traditional democratic voters who did not trust her trade promises.  It should have never have happened in America where a foreign nation can pull off what Russia did, but the truth is Hillary Clinton was stabbed in the back by her own husband meeting the AG on a runway......that hubris and arrogance could never be overcome even though nothing was done wrong, it once again added to the narrative and propaganda.

Ahh, I don't really think that was significant at all to anyone other than the repugs who were looking for anything. Loretta Lynch was an old friend of Bill Clinton and he appointed her to her job. I don't think he had any intention other than saying hello at a chance meeting.

Bull shit!

Well guess what Einstein? There were other people there. If he wanted to talk about Hillary and was trying to influence Lynch he would have called her on the phone not in front of a bunch of witnesses. He's not a stupid man.

Two people listening to a private conversation on a plane?

2seaoat

Two people listening to a private conversation on a plane?

I do not think the actual facts matter as to what was discussed, it is 100% the perception. That perception caused the AG to delegate what was her job to the FBI. An attorney code of ethics is clear that an attorney should avoid the perception of a conflict of interest. Bill Clinton went to law school. He should have known better than to take that kind of risk and worse, to harm the reputation of a good lawyer. Bill Clinton is responsible for the damage to his wife's reputation.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's ok... he was disbarred.

2seaoat

just as I predicted......the progressive radio is bragging about how energized their base is, but in their arrogance they do not see that all the rural district went for the Republican. The message to rural Americans by the sophisticated and education was that they are dummies, and if you listen to progressive radio today, they have not addressed the basic problem. People do not vote for people who look down at you.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:just as I predicted......the progressive radio is bragging about how energized their base is, but in their arrogance they do not see that all the rural district went for the Republican.   The message to rural Americans by the sophisticated and education was that they are dummies, and if you listen to progressive radio today, they have not addressed the basic problem.  People do not vote for people who look down at you.

It has nothing to do with looking down on the rural areas. The fact is that all progress and culture comes from urban areas. Cities are where it happens. All the benefits of modern society that the rural areas enjoy came from urban areas. How many major universities, tech centers or research labs are out in the back forty? NONE, they're all near urban areas because that's where the brains are.

The urban areas support the rural areas. The blue states pay most of the taxes and the red states get the most benefits, yet they're the ones bitching about big government.

The USDA Farm Program benefits and subsidies alone are staggering. You can bet the rural areas would be howling like banshees if they got cut. You'll notice that nobody's mentioned killing the Department of Agriculture the way they're talking about killing other Federal agencies.

The rural areas stare at the past through smeary, rose-colored, Norman Rockwell lenses and want that to be the future. The urban areas are actually designing the future. The urban areas will eventually win because smart people want to be where the action is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum