Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gabby Giffords Nails Chickenshit Louie Gohmert For Blaming Canceled Town Hall On Her Shooting

+2
2seaoat
Telstar
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert has avoided holding a town hall with his constituents, citing in a recent statement, that he is choosing to avoid the matter because former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords “was shot at a public appearance” in 2011.

Former Rep. Giffords responded to Gohmert on Thursday in a statement of her own, essentially telling lawmakers who have so far refused to hold town halls for their constituents to suck it up. The former Arizona Democrat explained how “town halls and countless constituent meetings were a hallmark of [her] tenure in Congress.”

“It’s what the people deserve in a representative,” Giffords wrote. “To the politicians who have abandoned their civic obligations, I say this: Have some courage. Face your constituents. Hold town halls.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/have-some-courage-gabby-giffords-nails-gohmert-for-blaming-canceled-town-hall-on-her-shooting/

Floridatexan likes this post

2seaoat

weenies got to be weenies.........

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:weenies got to be weenies.........

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's only an issue when the other team does it. What a strange derangement.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/us/politics/07townhall.html?

By JEFF ZELENY
JUNE 6, 2010

BEL AIR, Md. — The reception that Representative Frank Kratovil Jr., a Democrat, received here one night last week as he faced a small group of constituents was far more pleasant than his encounters during a Congressional recess last summer.

Then, he was hanged in effigy by protesters. This time, a round of applause was followed by a glass of chilled wine, a plate of crackers and crudités as he mingled with an invitation-only audience at the Point Breeze Credit Union, a vastly different scene than last year’s wide-open televised free-for-alls.

The sentiment that fueled the rage during those Congressional forums is still alive in the electorate. But the opportunities for voters to openly express their displeasure, or angrily vent as video cameras roll, have been harder to come by in this election year.

If the time-honored tradition of the political meeting is not quite dead, it seems to be teetering closer to extinction. Of the 255 Democrats who make up the majority in the House, only a handful held town-hall-style forums as legislators spent last week at home in their districts.

It was no scheduling accident.

With images of overheated, finger-waving crowds still seared into their minds from the discontent of last August, many Democrats heeded the advice of party leaders and tried to avoid unscripted question-and-answer sessions. The recommendations were clear: hold events in controlled settings — a bank or credit union, for example — or tour local businesses or participate in community service projects.

2seaoat

So where have folks not met with their constituents because they feared they would get shot......? You have to have a false equivalency in your bag of tricks.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Gabby Giffords Nails Chickenshit Louie Gohmert For Blaming Canceled Town Hall On Her Shooting Tumblr_inline_o6oqdrLXCK1s5qo6s_500

RealLindaL

Gotta love Gabby no matter what.

Telstar

Telstar

Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tested positive.

"[I]f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

RealLindaL

And now that he's tested positive, he's BLAMING it on the mask that he wears only occasionally, saying he must've deposited some germs on the mask when he was fooling with it, and then inhaled the virus.  Good holy grief, what a hopeless doofus.

Do wish there were some way to highlight the fact of old threads right up front when they're posted.  Started reading this one and had a momentary shock when seeing seaoat's moniker.

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:And now that he's tested positive, he's BLAMING it on the mask that he wears only occasionally, saying he must've deposited some germs on the mask when he was fooling with it, and then inhaled the virus.  Good holy grief, what a hopeless doofus.

Do wish there were some way to highlight the fact of old threads right up front when they're posted.  Started reading this one and had a momentary shock when seeing seaoat's moniker.

What's frightening to me is... Louie's probably the smartest of the Gohmerts. Somewhere in the cannibal-chainsaw-family regions of Texas there are a bunch of Gohmerts squatting in a culvert somewhere, pointing at a picture of Cousin Louie and hooting, "Him SMARRRRT!"

Honestly, the fact that they elect guys like Louie Gohmert and Sarah Palin and Matt Gaetz and Michelle Bachman and Ted Cruz (who's not stupid so much as he is just disgustingly gutless -- I still can't get over anyone who'd kiss up to Trump after Trump mocked their wife for being ugly and their dad for supposedly killing JFK) is part of the reason that I could never be in that party, even if it hadn't already been proven to me beyond any doubt that its ideology doesn't work. There are plenty of embarrassing Democrats, but nothing even CLOSE to somebody as moronic as Gohmert. Any group with sufficient numbers to look at that I.Q.-of-40 dullard and thinking, "Yeah, he needs to be in charge of things" and get him elected is a group I could not, with any pride, be part of. I'm pretty sure Gohmert's dumber than a lot of wildlife, and somehow people vote for him.

And then we have Trump, who a lot of his base think is some kind of genius. It's amazing to me how people can be so thoroughly fooled. Their brains really are different.

Floridatexan, Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:And then we have Trump, who a lot of his base think is some kind of genius.  It's amazing to me how people can be so thoroughly fooled.  Their brains really are different.

"Different" is probably too kind a word, but yes.   Their unfathomable brains  -- and character -- make them individuals I will never, ever in a million years be able to understand, much less befriend.  

Our nation is now forever divided, that is, now that the depth and breadth of the already-existing differences between us has been so thoroughly highlighted (and exacerbated) by our inglorious leader, the divider in chief.

Telstar and zsomething like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum