Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump fires acting AG tonight

+3
Sal
dumpcare
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 10:44 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sounds more like the final hours of the Nixon administration than the beginning of the Trump administration. She refused to ask her department to enforce the travel ban because she didn't think it was legal.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/donald-trump-immigration-order-department-of-justice/index.html

2Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 10:51 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is really showing some poor management techniques to say the least. I wonder how many other career civil servants will resign or retire?

There were alternatives the president could have taken such as appointing a special council to defend his directive. It is hard to say if he was even aware of this option as new as he and his team are to government.

3Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 10:57 pm

dumpcare

But whether or not she believed in the order she worked for Trump and was going to be replaced in a few days anyway like the state department employee's. This would be big news if Session's did this in a year or so, defied a directive.

4Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 10:57 pm

Sal

Sal

Nixonian.

5Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:04 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ppaca wrote:But whether or not she believed in the order she worked for Trump and was going to be replaced in a few days anyway like the state department employee's. This would be big news if Session's did this in a year or so, defied a directive.

True but she swore to defend the Constitution first and foremost. We are a country of laws not men. It could have run its course in a number of ways but he chose to do the dramatic thing rather than let it simmer more or less quietly until the new AG gets sworn in.

6Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:17 pm

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:
ppaca wrote:But whether or not she believed in the order she worked for Trump and was going to be replaced in a few days anyway like the state department employee's. This would be big news if Session's did this in a year or so, defied a directive.

True but she swore to defend the Constitution first and foremost. We are a country of laws not men. It could have run its course in a number of ways but he chose to do the dramatic thing rather than let it simmer more or less quietly until the new AG gets sworn in.

He's digging his hole deeper and deeper . . . . who could be surprised?

7Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:24 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:Sounds more like the final hours of the Nixon administration than the beginning of the Trump administration. She refused to ask her department to enforce the travel ban because she didn't think it was legal.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/donald-trump-immigration-order-department-of-justice/index.html

She was a seditionist wench that needed to be fired. No, Nixon and Hillary hid information and deserved to be fired. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he is breaking the law. Eat it with a spoon. The Americans are in charge of American now, not some Kenyan Jihadist hell bent on destroying America.

8Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:25 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

Show me in the Constitution where America cannot be defended by its POTUS? Multiple times in our history we have done this before.

9Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:43 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Sounds more like the final hours of the Nixon administration than the beginning of the Trump administration. She refused to ask her department to enforce the travel ban because she didn't think it was legal.

She was a seditionist wench that needed to be fired. No, Nixon and Hillary hid information and deserved to be fired. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean he is breaking the law. Eat it with a spoon. The Americans are in charge of American now, not some Kenyan Jihadist hell bent on destroying America.

Cool down Truth. I know it is hard to watch a president melt down but that's what's happening. Just chill.

All I did was express an opinion about this looking like the end of the Nixon era and you get all name calling with the wench thing re the female judge. All the judges who have put a stay on this directive have been women. That must burn the POTUS!! They are there for life and cannot be fired like the serving AG so he'll just have to deal with it.

Lots of name calling going on. what's that a sign of?

10Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/30/2017, 11:45 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Show me in the Constitution where America cannot be defended by its POTUS? Multiple times in our history we have done this before.

Show me in the Constitution where the president can do whatever he/she wants. Even the president has to follow the law and what the judges say and they are both subservient to the Constitution. He was defending his ego, not the country.

11Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 12:14 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

Cool down Truth. I know it is hard to watch a president melt down but that's what's happening. Just chill.

All I did was express an opinion about this looking like the end of the Nixon era and you get all name calling with the wench thing re the female judge. All the judges who have put a stay on this directive have been women. That must burn the POTUS!! They are there for life and cannot be fired like the serving AG so he'll just have to deal with it.

Nah you libs are melting down as you have 7 years and 11 months to go

12Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 12:15 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Show me in the Constitution where the president can do whatever he/she wants. Even the president has to follow the law and what the judges say and they are both subservient to the Constitution. He was defending his ego, not the country.

Just watched Obama do it starting with the ACA. Nuf said. Hang on bro, its our turn.

13Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 12:34 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Just watched Obama do it starting with the ACA. Nuf said. Hang on bro, its our turn.

The ACA is a law passed by Congress not an executive order. Good grief.

14Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 3:00 am

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:

Tellthetruth wrote:Nah you libs are melting down as you have 7 years and 11 months to go

Ha! We're not the ones desperately posting misogynist and ignorant birther remarks.  Like othershoe, I know it's hard watching your main man make a fool of himself before the whole world, but get used to it -- you've got 3 years and 11 months to go, unless impeachment and removal from office happens first.

15Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 3:59 am

Markle

Markle

LIE, FAKE NEWS...again.

As you know, there is no comparison, whatsoever. Your source for talking points is feeding you...FAKE NEWS.

16Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 8:13 am

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Tellthetruth wrote:Nah you libs are melting down as you have 7 years and 11 months to go

Ha! We're not the ones desperately posting misogynist and ignorant birther remarks.  Like othershoe, I know it's hard watching your main man make a fool of himself before the whole world, but get used to it -- you've got 3 years and 11 months to go, unless impeachment and removal from office happens first.

Hell he might not have that long, many of his own party are disenchanted.

17Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 8:20 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It's analogous as it was shoved through by one and only one party. Not one GOP congressman voted for it. And it's at least 1/2 the reason Dems have no power in D.C. now.

18Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 11:11 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Guest wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It's analogous as it was shoved through by one and only one party. Not one GOP congressman voted for it. And it's at least 1/2 the reason Dems have no power in D.C. now.
Wrong, so wrong. The executive signing was not done by one party. Plenty of GOP'ers are upset because the Trump people did an end run around the heads of departments and top advisors who knew nothing about the details of the travel ban.

This was done by one man, the POTUS with the help of some young staffers who wrote the order without consulting with people who should have been in on the wording of the order. They are fouling their own nest with Congress.

Of course the Trump base loves this "because he is fulfilling his campaign promises. Trouble with that idea is that on the campaign trail you are shooting blanks but now that you are in the WH the rounds are live. Big difference.

19Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 12:05 pm

2seaoat

I think this was a wise move by President Trump. If he appoints some knucle dragger from the Dept of Justice, it will make many hesitate about not approving Sessions. When a person was temporarily in charge instead of his cabinet pick, any executive would replace this person. Not even close to Nixon. Substance in Nixon's case, and procedure in this case.

20Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 12:44 pm

Sal

Sal

The White House statement ...

The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.

Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration.
It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons

“I am honored to serve President Trump in this role until Senator Sessions is confirmed. I will defend and enforce the laws of our country to ensure that our people and our nation are protected,” said Dana Boente, Acting Attorney General.

Obviously, the legality of the order is being challenged on several fronts.

But, Trump and Bannon feel entitled to decide what is and what is not legal on their own.

They and they alone will interpret the laws they hand down by edict.

There's a name for that ...

... hmmmm.

21Trump fires acting AG tonight Empty Re: Trump fires acting AG tonight 1/31/2017, 1:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I think this was a wise move by President Trump.  If he appoints some knucle dragger from the Dept of Justice, it will make many hesitate about not approving Sessions.   When a person was temporarily in charge instead of his cabinet pick, any executive would replace this person.   Not even close to Nixon.   Substance in Nixon's case, and procedure in this case.
It is the procedure part of this fiasco that troubles me. Here is an entire group of people with no governing experience. They come into office with some ideas of their own, largely in the form of campaign slogans and expect to exert their will on the direction of the country.

Instead of noticing that they have no experience and rely on experts and established procedures they think they are the smartest kids in the room and proceed to mess up by the numbers while accomplishing nothing.

I think this was nothing more than a stagecraft event meant to show that he was fulfilling his campaign promises. Even if you are in favor of him fulfilling his promises there is no reason to think this all has to be done in the first week. It would be better to go at a reasonable pace and do these things well rather than causing so much distress among travelers etc.

Please take a look at this chart that outlines the steps that refugees have to go through in order to get into the country. It looks to be well thought out and quite thorough. I suppose someone could add another step in some area or another but as far as this travel ban goes I think it was very poorly rolled out and asking people to enforce it in its present form was not productive.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum