Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump's Immigration Fiasco Crafted w/Malice Aforethought

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

What appears to be amateurish incompetence which inadvertently created condemnation and turmoil is instead a maliciously and meticulously crafted effort to purposefully create maximum condemnation and turmoil.

Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller are reportedly the architects of this order, and it is designed to strike a wedge in America.

They want all of the bad press, they want all of the protests, they want the lawsuits and court judgments, they want the ACLU and the SPLC involved, they want the Democrats to sympathize with the refugees ...

... they want all of it because they believe deep in their dark hearts that middle America will reject the librul media, hippie protestors, and establishment elites and embrace intolerance, bigotry, and hate.

I hope they've miscalculated.

This is a gut check for our nation.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:What appears to be amateurish incompetence which inadvertently created condemnation and turmoil is instead a maliciously and meticulously crafted effort to purposefully create maximum condemnation and turmoil.

Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller are reportedly the architects of this order, and it is designed to strike a wedge in America.

They want all of the bad press, they want all of the protests, they want the lawsuits and court judgments, they want the ACLU and the SPLC involved, they want the Democrats to sympathize with the refugees ...

... they want all of it because they believe deep in their dark hearts that middle America will reject the librul media, hippie protestors, and establishment elites and embrace intolerance, bigotry, and hate.

I'm hearing the word "chilling" circulating in many news reports and find it accurately describes my reaction to what you've posted here. This idea you've laid out is completely plausible. I'm hoping that the communities especially in the midwest where large numbers of immigrants are now living have had very positive experiences with them and that sympathies will tilt toward the immigrants, not away from them.

It DOES look ham-handed to say the least but if you're right it could be just another propaganda stunt with a wedge issue behind it. We'll see. It is definitely something to consider, thanks.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:What appears to be amateurish incompetence which inadvertently created condemnation and turmoil is instead a maliciously and meticulously crafted effort to purposefully create maximum condemnation and turmoil.

Bush did it, and although he publicly walked it back, his intent was clear. Today, it's definitely more transparent.

From FB...Trump is Not My President:

"You add six former Goldman Sachs employees to your White House after saying you'd drain the swamp and represent the working man and woman.

You refuse to release your tax returns after saying you'd release them, breaking a campaign promise and bipartisan tradition.

You order an immediate freeze on all federal hiring, failing to be an effective means of controlling federal employment because any savings are ultimately offset by increasing workers' overtime pay and hiring private contractors.

You reinstate the "global gag rule," leading to 2.2m more abortions in the next four years.

You continue to lie about the popular vote, basing it on zero evidence and failing to confront the real threat to our democracy: voter suppression.

You attack the free press but empower fake news, adding a third Breitbart News alum to your administration.

You order the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines, failing to listen to the people (only your investments) and failing to invest in clean energy, environmental sustainability and smart growth.

You restrict immigration from Muslim-majority countries, except the ones that you do business with.

You sign an order to build border wall with Mexico, ignoring the geographical challenges, tribal/legal constraints, environmental costs, and the fact that nearly half of all unauthorized migrants living in the U.S. entered legally but just never left in addition to wasting at least $25 billion of our hard-earned tax-dollars for something that will never resolve anything and only get more expensive over time.

You allow the CIA to reopen 'black sites' and encourage the use of torture, reopening a dark chapter in our history and giving terrorists more reasons to radicalize, recruit and revive.

You clamp down on public communications by federal agencies and skew crime stats and studies & data from the EPA in addition to canceling ObamaCare ads before the enrollment period ends in order to fit your immoral and authoritarian agenda.

And now you're trying to lift sanctions on Russia after the Kremlin killed the ex-KGB chief who helped compile the Trump dossier that claims that you and your presidency have been compromised by a foreign power and enemy.

You sir, Donald J. Trump, are #NotMyPresident"

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:
I'm hearing the word "chilling" circulating in many news reports and find it accurately describes my reaction to what you've posted here. This idea you've laid out is completely plausible. I'm hoping that the communities especially in the midwest where large numbers of immigrants are now living have had very positive experiences with them and that sympathies will tilt toward the immigrants, not away from them.

It DOES look ham-handed to say the least but if you're right it could be just another propaganda stunt with a wedge issue behind it. We'll see. It is definitely something to consider, thanks.

Yes, we'll see ...

... his baseline seems to be around 42% currently, so the polling will be interesting.

My intuition tells me that his base can only hold or shrink, it can't grow.

But then, I used to have faith in the basic decency of the American people, and that faith has been deeply shaken.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Yes, we'll see ...

... his baseline seems to be around 42% currently, so the polling will be interesting.

My intuition tells me that his base can only hold or shrink, it can't grow.

But then, I used to have faith in the basic decency of the American people, and that faith has been deeply shaken.

Take heart. The Trumpsters may have over-reached this time. News of groups not happy with the travel ban include everyone from Chase Banking to General Electric to Starbucks and on and on. Check out the article linked below to see who's on board so far.  
Vala Afshar  ✔@ValaAfshar
US tech companies founded by 1st/2nd generation immigrants

Sal

Sal

This is only the opening salvo ...

Trump’s top advisors on immigration, including chief strategist Steve Bannon and senior advisor Stephen Miller, see themselves as launching a radical experiment to fundamentally transform how the U.S. decides who is allowed into the country and to block a generation of people who, in their view, won’t assimilate into American society.

That project may live or die in the next three months, as the Trump administration reviews whether and how to expand the visa ban and alter vetting procedures. White House aides are considering new, onerous security checks that could effectively limit travel into the U.S. by people from majority-Muslim countries to a trickle.

The chief architects of Trump’s order, Bannon, Miller and National Security Advisor Michael T. Flynn, forged strong bonds during the presidential campaign.

The trio, who make up part of Trump’s inner circle, have a dark view of refugee and immigration flows from majority-Muslim countries, believing that if large numbers of Muslims are allowed to enter the U.S., parts of American cities will begin to replicate disaffected and disenfranchised immigrant neighborhoods in France, Germany and Belgium that have been home to perpetrators of terrorist attacks in Europe in recent years.

Within decades, Americans would have “the kind of large and permanent domestic terror threat that becomes multidimensional and multigenerational and becomes sort of a permanent feature,” one senior administration official argued.

“We don’t want a situation where, 20 to 30 years from now, it’s just like a given thing that on a fairly regular basis there is domestic terror strikes, stores are shut up or that airports have explosive devices planted, or people are mowed down in the street by cars and automobiles and things of that nature,” the official said.

Counter-terrorism experts have long noted that Muslim immigrants in the U.S. are better assimilated and less likely to be radicalized than immigrants in many European cities.

But the connection between immigration, security, economics and culture that defines the nationalist ideology of Bannon and Miller has become intertwined in Trump’s own rhetoric.

“Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW,” Trump tweeted over the weekend. “Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world — a horrible mess!”

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-immigration-20170130-story.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

We already have a large and hopefully not permanent terror threat...and it's sitting in the White House.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
We already have a large and hopefully not permanent terror threat...and it's sitting in the White House.

And, he's got a fascist in his ear ...

I believe the world, and particularly the Judeo-Christian West, is in a crisis.

....We are in an outright war against jihadist Islamic fascism. And this war is, I think, metastasizing far quicker than governments can handle it....It’s going global in scale, and today’s technology, today’s media, today’s access to weapons of mass destruction, it’s going to lead to a global conflict that I believe has to be confronted today. Every day that we refuse to look at this as what it is, and the scale of it, and really the viciousness of it, will be a day where you will rue that we didn’t act.

....If you look back at the long history of the Judeo-Christian West struggle against Islam, I believe that our forefathers kept their stance, and I think they did the right thing. I think they kept [Islam] out of the world, whether it was at Vienna, or Tours, or other places....And they were able to stave this off, and they were able to defeat it, and they were able to bequeath to us a church and a civilization that really is the flower of mankind, so I think it’s incumbent on all of us to do what I call a gut check, to really think about what our role is in this battle that’s before us. - Steve Bannon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.ew8gJ1wQK9#.rid3JqvyQ7

How far is he willing to go to get the provocation he needs?

Who's to say, but he's now a principal on the National Security Council, and that is a very scary prospect.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat

I will fight with every ounce of strength I have left fascist policies. No compromise. When innocent people get harmed with stereotypes, prejudice, and hate, I will fight the same to my death. I certainly will be writing folks I have in the past given campaign contributions, and my congressman will know that if he supports any of the fascist regime, I will support and encourage a primary opponent. Americans are a good and moral people. The perversion of these fascist scum who think that America will start discriminating based on religion and race......will not happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum