Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump gag order goes out for EPA and others

+3
Markle
Telstar
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Communications between many agencies and the public and even members of congress was shut down today. Web sites frozen. Employees told not to add to blogs etc. 1984 Anyone?

Federal agencies are clamping down on public information and social media in the early days of Donald Trump's presidency, limiting employees’ ability to issue news releases, tweet, make policy pronouncements or otherwise communicate with the outside world, according to memos and sources from multiple agencies.

The steps to mute federal employees — seen to varying degrees in the Environmental Protection Agency and the departments of the Interior, Transportation, Agriculture and Health and Human Services — are sparking early fears of a broader crackdown across the government, as Trump vows to pursue an agenda sharply at odds with his predecessor.

New administrations have long sought to control the message coming out of federal agencies. But watchdog groups worry about what restrictions the Trump administration may yet impose on federal workers, who are already reeling from the president’s decision Monday to freeze most hiring, as well as a move in Congress to allow lawmakers to impose draconian salary cuts for individual employees.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/federal-agencies-trump-information-lockdown-234122

I wonder if Trump will go after whistleblowers as hard as Obama did?

Like obamas censorship?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theblaze.com/news/2014/07/09/why-journalists-are-blasting-obamas-censorship-policies-toward-news-coverage/amp/?client=safari

Telstar

Telstar

What we need to see. 

Trump gag order goes out for EPA and others 75f96c10

Markle

Markle

Smart move. Very smart move.

Many government employees are far left Progressives. They know that this is a whole new world, the adults are in charge now. They're afraid they might actually be required to work and that at least 10, probably closer to 20 percent are unnecessary. The result of the scam of baseline budgeting.

Telstar

Telstar

Trump gag order goes out for EPA and others 1984_t12

Last edited by Telstar on 1/25/2017, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

polecat

polecat

The donald trump Show of the United States of America sure did make Vladimir Putin proud today.

polecat

polecat

The @BadlandsNPS tweets-of-resistance have been eliminated. Gov't employees must refrain from tweeting facts that the leader does not like.

#FutureHistoryBooks: "On alt-day2, Trump threatened martial law in Chicago. Everyone assumed he was just ranting at TV news, so ignored it."

RealLindaL

People, pay close attention.  This is a very dangerous situation developing right before our eyes.  Any comparison with anything Obama ever did is false equivalency of the highest order.  Wake up!!!

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:People, pay close attention.  This is a very dangerous situation developing right before our eyes.  Any comparison with anything Obama ever did is false equivalency of the highest order.  Wake up!!!

America is so screwed with the maniac in our White House.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:People, pay close attention.  This is a very dangerous situation developing right before our eyes.  Any comparison with anything Obama ever did is false equivalency of the highest order.  Wake up!!!

I might not've used the word "maniac" before, but I certainly agree now.

Markle

Markle

Who can make this up?

Trump gag order goes out for EPA and others Sky_zps4wvydngu

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Telstar wrote:

Screwed is one word, rape is another, feels more like the latter. We do have a few options. We can offer no resistance and just take it or we can organize like the people in the Women's March did.

Here's a place to start (link has to be copied and pasted) with ideas and tactics that really work written by former congressional staffers. As soon as I post this I'm going to look up the phone numbers of my people in congress and put their numbers in my phone...and then call. We should all do the same.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5855a354cd0f68bab2089b40/t/5867cd26be65940ffdeeac1e/1483197741124/IndivisibleGuide_2016-12-31_v1.pdf

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

othershoe1030 wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Screwed is one word, rape is another, feels more like the latter. We do have a few options. We can offer no resistance and just take it or we can organize like the people in the Women's March did.

Here's a place to start (link has to be copied and pasted) with ideas and tactics that really work written by former congressional staffers. As soon as I post this I'm going to look up the phone numbers of my people in congress and put their numbers in my phone...and then call. We should all do the same.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5855a354cd0f68bab2089b40/t/5867cd26be65940ffdeeac1e/1483197741124/IndivisibleGuide_2016-12-31_v1.pdf

I entered the DC and Florida numbers for Nelson, Rubio and Gaetz in my phone with "Gov" in front of all three for easy recall. Nelson's message box in DC was full but I did talk to someone in Florida and also spoke to a Florida office person for Rubio. The Rubio staffer said he was going to vote for all the cabinet choices but would oppose actions he didn't like individually as they come along.

Senator Nelson: DC office 202-224-5274; Florida: 850-942-8415
Senator Rubio: DC office 202-224-3041

dumpcare

So I guess Markle doesn't care about our vets, 20,000 position's available across the nation, doctor's, nurses, etc and there is now a hiring freeze. Just goes to show you.

gatorfan

ppaca wrote:So I guess Markle doesn't care about our vets, 20,000 position's available across the nation, doctor's, nurses, etc and there is now a hiring freeze. Just goes to show you.

Not really

Are all federal employees affected?

No. The wording of his memorandum exempts “military personnel” and says “the head of any executive department or agency may exempt from the hiring freeze any positions that it deems necessary to meet national security or public safety responsibilities.”

“Military personnel” generally refers to those in uniform, but if Trump also means civilian employees of the Defense Department, that alone would exclude about a third of the workforce.

Exempting public safety could wall off much of other large agencies such as the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security. If public safety includes public health workers, more would be excluded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/23/what-does-a-hiring-freeze-mean-for-the-federal-workforce/?utm_term=.ae9aa114b7f2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum