This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

President Trump's executive order on Obamacare is an impeachable offense!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Trump swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the U.S. and all our legislated laws. His current executive attack on the ACA violates his oath and duty. See the linked article:


https://www.alternet.org/trump-trauma/trumps-latest-attack-obamacare-violates-oath-uphold-constitution?akid=16213.260394.LjHTbc&rd=1&src=newsletter1083784&t=4

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:Trump swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the U.S. and all our legislated laws.  His current executive attack on the ACA violates his oath and duty.  See the linked article:


https://www.alternet.org/trump-trauma/trumps-latest-attack-obamacare-violates-oath-uphold-constitution?akid=16213.260394.LjHTbc&rd=1&src=newsletter1083784&t=4

This is a very interesting article that begs the question: how much can the country stand before Congress moves to impeach?

It is one thing to ignore norms such as opening tax returns and medical records to the country, a minimum (previously) requirement to serving, but now he is ignoring actual laws. Well, let me amend that since it is still in doubt as to whether he is in violation of the emoluments clause.

Where is the long sought after straw that will break this camel's back?


President Trump’s executive orders Thursday to sabotage the Affordable Care Act—aka Obamacare—is crossing a new legal threshold that could become part of a growing list of ultimately impeachable actions, much like Richard Nixon faced a deepening list of offenses before he resigned from office in 1974.

That’s because Trump’s willful destruction of Obamacare, a law passed by the Congress—not a regulation promulgated by federal departments—would violate his oath to uphold the Constitution, whose Article Two demands that the president “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”  

“Trying to destroy the law through non-enforcement isn’t just a normal exercise of presidential discretion,” Noah Feldman, Harvard Law School professor and legal columnist, wrote this summer for Bloomberg.com, anticipating Trump’s actions and discussing the Constitution's “Take Care” clause. “The Constitution recognizes that the president can’t necessarily enforce every law. But it requires a good-faith effort. And declining to enforce the law so that the law itself ceases to be able to function isn’t good faith.”

View user profile
Obama used an executive order to create what trump just dissolved... which was billions to ins corps.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Obama used an executive order to create what trump just dissolved... which was billions to ins corps.

Congratulations for being consistently wrong. Obama did not enact the ACA by executive order, it was put before congress and approved. It's a real law and Trump has just violated it when his responsibility is to uphold all legislated laws.
Try and focus ...

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Obama used an executive order to create what trump just dissolved... which was billions to ins corps.

Congratulations for being consistently wrong.  Obama did not enact the ACA by executive order, it was put before congress and approved.  It's a real law and Trump has just violated it when his responsibility is to uphold all legislated laws.  
Try and focus ...  

You're wasting your breath. Responding to this asshole just encourages him. Same with ALTLEFTFUCKHEAD, gatorfan and Joaniphonie. They are impervious to reason or insult.

View user profile
Yep, my sister, who is not eligible for Medicare, just lost her Obamacare subsidy due to Trump's actions. She has another 4 years before she can get Medicare, and she has significant back problems plus chronic kidney problems that constantly require doctor's visits and medication.

She voted for Trump, largely because her church told her to because of the abortion issue.

There was no argument we could give her before the election, including that Trump would get rid of her healthcare. Her church has brainwashed her into believing life begins when the guy gets up from bed to get a smoke after sex.
And she fully believes that a gob of goo is a living being that needs protecting. No matter that there are thousands and thousands of them frozen in test tubes all around the country.

So, she may have sentenced herself to death because her church has made her crazy. What can you do with those people?
Oh, and of course, she hated Hillary because of all those murders the Clintons committed.

View user profile
By the way pkr, since you object so much to all that money being given to insurance companies by our government, you surely must be in favor of single payer Medicare for all.

Right?

Because no one would ever be in favor of sick, hard working Americans not being able to get healthcare for their kids or themselves.  The truth is though, the subsidies may have been illegal, the courts haven't decided on that yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/08/02/obama-trump-and-the-perils-of-illegal-obamacare-subsidies/?utm_term=.e67c2a6e9b24

The other truth is that Congress should have appropriated the money to begin with and it's an error on their part. Obama corrected it to make the system work because he gave a damn about people. Trump just took it away because he doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself.

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Obama used an executive order to create what trump just dissolved... which was billions to ins corps.

Congratulations for being consistently wrong.  Obama did not enact the ACA by executive order, it was put before congress and approved.  It's a real law and Trump has just violated it when his responsibility is to uphold all legislated laws.  
Try and focus ...  

You obviously have no idea what's going on.

View user profile
bigdog wrote:By the way pkr, since you object so much to all that money being given to insurance companies by our government, you surely must be in favor of single payer Medicare for all.

Right?

Because no one would ever be in favor of sick, hard working Americans not being able to get healthcare for their kids or themselves.  The truth is though, the subsidies may have been illegal, the courts haven't decided on that yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/08/02/obama-trump-and-the-perils-of-illegal-obamacare-subsidies/?utm_term=.e67c2a6e9b24

The other truth is that Congress should have appropriated the money to begin with and it's an error on their part. Obama corrected it to make the system work because he gave a damn about people. Trump just took it away because he doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself.

I have no doubt that it's impossible to roll back much of the new entitlement. I've said all along that the govt should just set up "free" govt health care in the countless hospitals that halve been shut down due to corrupt policies that drove them out of business. Obamacare is the largest fascist program in our countries history. A direct give away to enormous corporations.

View user profile
Now I am worried. We agree on something. Healthcare should be totally free for the poor. And I do despise the insurance companies.

I hated to post that article about the funding actually not being legally approved, btw.
It hurts my fingers to type something that affirms you might  be right.

But I am a believer in the Washington Post.

View user profile
Just to clarify things a bit, Medicare and Medicaid are NOT government run healthcare programs, they are government INSURANCE programs.

The Veterans Administration owns and operates many VA hospitals across the nation. THAT is government run healthcare--AKA socialized medicine.

The Federal government could easily afford to run a healthcare insurance program for every person in the United States by increasing deficit spending. This would have the added benefit of boosting the economy because, as anyone with a brain the size of a LeSueur pea knows, government deficits are private surpluses and an increase in private surpluses boosts the economy. DUH!

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum