Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aerial photos show large crowds at Women’s Marches across the country

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/21/14345972/boston-denver-chicago-march

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.vox.com/2017/1/21/14345972/boston-denver-chicago-march

This is impressive. Look!

Aerial photos show large crowds at Women’s Marches across the country GettyImages_632297638

Aerial photos show large crowds at Women’s Marches across the country C2tUQZlXUAAElqj

Aerial photos show large crowds at Women’s Marches across the country C2txm2SXAAAOg7J

2seaoat

It disgust me. Where was the energy. Where was the plan to grow voters. Now it is a bunch of sore losers. Listen, I am not happy with President Trump's character, but I want America to succeed. This has just become the flip side of traitors to this country. The President deserves a chance to prove he can represent all the people. Hillary should have been the President, but where was the energy. Where was the commitment. This smells of bad losers, like watching my son storm off the baseball diamond after losing and showing no class. I will give a thumbs up when folks are working to get people elected who are going to work for Americans and increasing the median income. I am going to give the President a chance. I am not happy with the tax cuts.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:It disgust me.  Where was the energy.  Where was the plan to grow voters.  Now it is a bunch of sore losers.  Listen, I am not happy with President Trump's character, but I want America to succeed.  This has just become the flip side of traitors to this country.  The President deserves a chance to prove he can represent all the people.   Hillary should have been the President, but where was the energy.   Where was the commitment.   This smells of bad losers, like watching my son storm off the baseball diamond after losing and showing no class.   I will give a thumbs up when folks are working to get people elected who are going to work for Americans and increasing the median income.  I am going to give the President a chance.  I am not happy with the tax cuts.

The reason I see for energy like this not rolling out before the election was that we were lulled by the inaccurate polling done state by state into thinking that Hillary was so far out in front that there was no need to march. It is pretty much as simple as that. She was thought to be unstoppable with Trump's "path to 270" seen as extremely narrow and a very long shot.

Now after the election we want to make it crystal clear that even though he won fair and square re the electoral college there remains the fact that nearly 3 million more voters cast their votes for Clinton rather than Trump. The marchers are expressing their priorities of women's rights, diversity, etc. Trump has responded to public sentiment in the past and we are hoping the large numbers of marchers will have a positive effect on his thinking.

I personally don't see poor losers. We want America to succeed too but maybe not in the same way as the new president does. We still like clean water and clean air and protections against financial institutions ruining the economy again. We just have a different vision of what "succeed" might mean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum