Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well I didn't think we'd be able to call it Trumpcare for a while, I was wrong

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Executive order signed it now becomes trumpcare

http://wkrg.com/2017/01/20/trumps-first-executive-order-on-obamacare/

WASHINGTON (AP) – President Donald Trump has signed his first executive order as president, ordering federal agencies to ease the burden of President Barack Obama’s sweeping health care law.

Presidential spokesman Sean Spicer refused to offer details on the order.

Trump was joined in the Oval Office by Vice President Mike Pence, White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and other top advisers as he signed the executive order on the so-called “Obamacare” law that he opposed throughout his campaign.

The White House says Priebus was also sending a memorandum to agencies and departments instituting an immediate freeze on regulations. No additional details were immediately available.

Asked about his first day as president, Trump says, “It was busy but good – a beautiful day.”

2seaoat

I always called it the ACA. I have heard the term Trumpcare. It was more than President Obama, and it is more than President Trump. A bill has a name. That is what I will call it. The low class derision by using the term Obamacare, was to show a lack of respect for the black man. So to retaliate using the same classless derision, assumes that health care is a zero sum game. It is not. It always required compromises, amendments, and improvements, but the Republican Party abandoned their duty. Now, after promising a better bill, there is no bill. I feel like going low accomplishes nothing. I get it when people are really hurt, but the idea of taking an incentive away from first time buyers in a good real estate market and low interest rates is hurting poor people, that is the same spam and political agenda which I find offensive.

Obama embraced and used the term obamacare... his signature legislation.

When your knee jerks does it catch you in the forehead? You should wear a helmet.

dumpcare

He only embraced it after fox news kept calling it that. It will be trumpcare or the official name they will pull out of a hat.

There's mixed news reports this morning just what the order he signed means, but at the end of the day "to ease restriction's" probably means the individual mandate may be gone and insurer's can pull some of the essential health benefits not to mention all the taxes surrounding it.

I did write many new people this year because of the mandate but you can bet your ass they won't pay after Feb 1. Anyone I re enrolled that have been on the books for 3 years all have health problems and will keep it. More burden on the er's with the uninsured.

Whether or not Trump was elected almost every insurance agent I know and have met online agreed 3 years ago this thing would be winding down in 2016 or 17 and it is. It doesn't even bother me we knew it was coming. Not to mention it's a big burden off my shoulder's, with all the billing and so called accidental cancellation's.

I can pivot to property and casualty which I'm licensed and focus on homeowner's or cyber liability and security or stay where I am and hope SH kicks another major insurer out for Medicare next year and do what I did this year with Baptist kicking one out.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:Obama embraced and used the term obamacare... his signature legislation.

When your knee jerks does it catch you in the forehead? You should wear a helmet.

helmet and face mask

He should punch the enormous insurance corps in the teeth. They've been monopolistic for generations now. They've lobbied and bought (politicians) themselves into monsters... near classic fascist economic collusion. We should be able to join our own groups and negotiate directly with the hospitals and Dr's. Then the govt could take on its natural and constitutional role as arbiter and impartial referee.

Oh... and transition govt provided healthcare into its own separate system. Stop dumping it into the mix.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From a pediatrician.

Consequences of ACA Repeal:

If you have an infant born with any kind of severe medical condition, or premature, they may hit their lifetime insurance cap before they are old enough to walk. The Senate GOP voted last night that an eventual ACA replacement program would not be required to prohibit lifetime insurance caps.

It means that if you are a struggling parent who is un- or underinsured, you will no longer be able to count on at least your kids getting the routine medical and dental care they need under the Children's Health Insurance Plan (CHIP). The Senate GOP voted that CHIP is not required to be protected by an eventual ACA replacement.

Even if you currently are fortunate to have employer-provided insurance, the protections set forth in the ACA apply to you, too--and if those protections are repealed along with the rest (or any part) of the program, you will also be affected.

That means you may be trapped in a job, because your pre-existing condition may mean you will not qualify for new insurance offered by another employer, and the cost of private insurance would be prohibitive. If your employer shuts down, lays you off, or even changes insurers, well, you are out of luck. (The Senate GOP voted this week that they would not require an eventual ACA replacement to protect against discrimination for pre-existing conditions, which was the standard before the ACA.)

It means that you (a young adult under the age of 26) or your adult children (over 18) may find yourselves without the protection of insurance, as the Senate GOP voted last night that an eventual ACA replacement will not be required to allow young people to remain on their parents' insurance up to the age of 26.

It means that if you have a high-risk pregnancy, or life-threatening illness such as cancer, you may not be able to afford all the care you need, because you may hit lifetime or annual caps.

These provisions of the ACA affect everyone in this country, not just those without insurance through their employers.

If you are not okay with these changes, call your representatives and Senators and let them know what's important.

Telstar

Telstar

Well I didn't think we'd be able to call it Trumpcare for a while, I was wrong Trumpc10

dumpcare

Well I'm still waiting for Trumpcare. Not funny I am. I kind of like the plan Rand Paul presented last night or this morning. Very sensible and covered pre x with some help from insurance execs. Looks more and more it won't be completely repealed until there is a replacement. They better get on the ball the insurance company's normally file their plans with their respective state insurance office's the May before a new year.

2seaoat

100 days happens quickly and the crowning achievement seems to be killing big bird and pretending they have a replacement plan which they promised for six years......it is a cluster F. Calling a bison a buffalo is not a different animal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum