Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Funny, no liberals reporting the fact that the Clinton Foundation is closing its doors

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2017/01/17/silence-networks-clinton-global-initiative-shuts-down

Guess when you can't sell favors to anyone, it has no more use.

2seaoat

No good deed goes unpunished. A retired baseball player becomes a spokesman for a type of cancer which he is seeking donations to do research and eliminate. People attack the foundation because they accuse falsely that the baseball player is taking money from the foundation. The baseball player says forget the headaches and walks away from the foundation. People start celebrating because the unfounded claims have caused the player to walk away from the charity. The only winner. Lies and false news. The only loser, those fighting cancer who now have less resources to join in the fight. You cannot handicap stupid. Did a baseball player use his celebrity to increase donations. You bet. Did the baseball player profit or illegally take funds from the foundation. Nope........but who cares about facts any more?

You know damn well that if hillary had won this slushfund foundation would've continued and prospered.

Wordsoup gives his usual response. Seaoat, you are blind. It was a slush fund plain and simple. Real charities don't close up shop like the Clinton Fouhdation has done.

2seaoat

You know damn well that if hillary had won this slushfund foundation would've continued and prospered.

Let me help you.

slush fund
ˈsləSH ˌfənd/
noun
noun: slush fund; plural noun: slush funds

a reserve of money used for illicit purposes

noun
noun: reserve; plural noun: reserves

a supply of a commodity not needed for immediate use but available if required.

let us see if you can understand rather simple concepts. First, you allege the Clinton's used the foundation for illicit purposes. The evidence is overwhelming that the funds were used for their purpose which was to help people. Second, the use of the word slush suggests the money was available for their personal use in the future. It was not. Please show me one example where the Clintons paid a fine from their foundation, bought a portrait of themselves, or otherwise dipped into the reserve to use those funds for illicit purposes. Now give me a simple link which shows such corruption and illicit purpose. If not, apologize for using a word which is an outright lie. Now somebody used a foundation improperly and was caught. You see when somebody can call somebody a criminal without any proof, can turn a charitable foundation into a slush fund, and can create this propaganda to achieve evil things.......Orwell understood the same fully.

2seaoat

Wordsoup gives his usual response. Seaoat, you are blind. It was a slush fund plain and simple. Real charities don't close up shop like the Clinton Fouhdation has done.

I cannot believe you want to talk about real charities. The Clinton foundation had their celebrity spokespersons who got folks to donate, and the money was used for incredible positive things for people. In regard to charities closing up, I am involved with a community foundation, and they most certainly do close up. Our local community foundation has absorbed about fifty charities since 1980 where the IRS allows 501 (C) (3) to transfer missions. A common example is where a successful business man left 100k in 1950 to support local scholarships off the earnings of the fund. The administrative costs of a single purpose foundation become difficult for people to administer and they transfer the funds to our Community foundation and are recognized under the umbrella of our foundation with a once a year newsletter. People were screaming for the Clintons to close the foundation and do a transfer, and now when that process begins it is called a slush fund which suggests it was a personal reserve and that the Clintons had misused a foundation like President Trump did. You just cannot create better Orwellian newspeak and doublethink than this propaganda. Show me one example of a criminal act of the Clinton's using the foundation and I will listen, but like a parrot mindlessly saying something you do not understand.....well all I can say does Polly need a cracker. Use your God given brain.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Maybe now we have heard the last of the Clinton criminals. Not a loss to most people.

gatorfan

While not a "slush fund" it's now perfectly clear that with mega donors cancelling their commitments it was a vehicle for access. Now that there is no access since HRC lost the election why would mega donors continue to fund the foundation? They won't so it closes.....

Sal

Sal

Ummm ... minor point ... but, the Clinton Global Initiative was only one piece of the Clinton Foundation.

The CGI was a annual gathering of world leaders, non-profit officials and celebrities to try to implement meaningful solutions to world problems such as climate change, world hunger and poverty.

It was announced in August of 2016 (a time when just about everyone on the planet presumed Hillary Clinton would be the next President) that the September 2016 meeting would be the last.

So, no the Clinton Foundation is NOT closing its doors, and the premise of your entire thread is complete bullshit.

2seaoat wrote:Wordsoup gives his usual response. Seaoat, you are blind. It was a slush fund plain and simple. Real charities don't close up shop like the Clinton Fouhdation has done.

I cannot believe you want to talk about real charities.  The Clinton foundation had their celebrity spokespersons who got folks to donate, and the money was used for incredible positive things for people.  In regard to charities closing up, I am involved with a community foundation, and they most certainly do close up.  Our local community foundation has absorbed about fifty charities since 1980 where the IRS allows 501 (C) (3) to transfer missions.  A common example is where a successful business man left 100k in 1950 to support local scholarships off the earnings of the fund.   The administrative costs of a single purpose foundation become difficult for people to administer and they transfer the funds to our Community foundation and are recognized under the umbrella of our foundation with a once a year newsletter.  People were screaming for the Clintons to close the foundation and do a transfer, and now when that process begins it is called a slush fund which suggests it was a personal reserve and that the Clintons had misused a foundation like President Trump did.  You just cannot create better Orwellian newspeak and doublethink than this propaganda.   Show me one example of a criminal act of the Clinton's using the foundation and I will listen, but like a parrot mindlessly saying something you do not understand.....well all I can say does Polly need a cracker.  Use your God given brain.

Ask the nation of Haiti where all their money went after the last natural disaster

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You know damn well that if hillary had won this slushfund foundation would've continued and prospered.

Let me help you.  

slush fund
ˈsləSH ˌfənd/
noun
noun: slush fund; plural noun: slush funds

a reserve of money used for illicit purposes

noun
noun: reserve; plural noun: reserves

a supply of a commodity not needed for immediate use but available if required.

let us see if you can understand rather simple concepts.  First, you allege the Clinton's used the foundation for illicit purposes.  The evidence is overwhelming that the funds were used for their purpose which was to help people.  Second, the use of the word slush suggests the money was available for their personal use in the future.  It was not.   Please show me one example where the Clintons paid a fine from their foundation, bought a portrait of themselves, or otherwise dipped into the reserve to use those funds for illicit purposes.  Now give me a simple link which shows such corruption and illicit purpose.  If not, apologize for using a word which is an outright lie.  Now somebody used a foundation improperly and was caught.  You see when somebody can call somebody a criminal without any proof, can turn a charitable foundation into a slush fund, and can create this propaganda to achieve evil things.......Orwell understood the same fully.

NOT true.

As you know, the FBI is continuing the full blown investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The Clinton Foundation was a slush fund they used, and their family used to pay for all their travel, meals and other expenses.

Funny, no liberals reporting the fact that the Clinton Foundation is closing its doors Clinton-Foundation-2013-Breakdown_zpst1wv4jbh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum