Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leonard Pitts, Jr. lets Jesus answer Kellyanne

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Telstar
RealLindaL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

This eminently on-point Pitts column is in basic counterpoint to Wordslinger's thread which seemed to indicate it doesn't really matter what comes out of Trump's mouth:

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article125804234.html

Partial excerpt, beginning with a quote from Trump's propagandist Conway:

“Why is everything taken at face value? You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart? You always want to go by what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.”

It bears repeating because even by the standards of Trump World, it’s a humdinger. Don’t listen to what the president-elect says, she says. Go by what’s in his heart.

Jesus saw that one coming 2,000 years ago: “ A good man,” he taught, “brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”

For those of you playing along at home, that’s Luke 6:45, the Son of God calling BS on the son of Fred, and on Conway’s bizarre insistence that somehow people have — repeatedly — misread his intentions all these months. Sorry, but if the eyes are windows to the soul, then the mouth is its megaphone, and Trump has used his repeatedly and effectively to tell us what sort of person he is.

So it’s funny, but frankly also chilling, to see Conway scurrying around at this late date, in effect asking America to grade Donald Trump on a curve. Don’t go by what comes out of his mouth?

Seriously? Seriously!?

She does know this man is about to president, right? She realizes, doesn’t she, that a president’s words can incite revolution? That they can move the stock market? That they can get people killed?

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:This eminently on-point Pitts column is in basic counterpoint to Wordslinger's thread which seemed to indicate it doesn't really matter what comes out of Trump's mouth:

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article125804234.html

Partial excerpt, beginning with a quote from Trump's propagandist Conway:

“Why is everything taken at face value? You can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on this and he’s telling you what was in his heart? You always want to go by what’s come out of his mouth rather than look at what’s in his heart.”

It bears repeating because even by the standards of Trump World, it’s a humdinger. Don’t listen to what the president-elect says, she says. Go by what’s in his heart.

Jesus saw that one coming 2,000 years ago: “ A good man,” he taught, “brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”

For those of you playing along at home, that’s Luke 6:45, the Son of God calling BS on the son of Fred, and on Conway’s bizarre insistence that somehow people have — repeatedly — misread his intentions all these months. Sorry, but if the eyes are windows to the soul, then the mouth is its megaphone, and Trump has used his repeatedly and effectively to tell us what sort of person he is.

So it’s funny, but frankly also chilling, to see Conway scurrying around at this late date, in effect asking America to grade Donald Trump on a curve. Don’t go by what comes out of his mouth?

Seriously? Seriously!?

She does know this man is about to president, right? She realizes, doesn’t she, that a president’s words can incite revolution? That they can move the stock market? That they can get people killed?

Great post Linda. The best way to sum up January 20 is Jesus wept.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Spot-on analogy and a great opinion piece, Linda. I missed it and thanks for posting it here.

Every Christian believer who voted for Trump needs to read this.

If Jesus had been a conservative, he would have hung out with the scribes and Pharisees more. Instead, he castigated those types continually, and they in turn had him killed for it.

Instead, Jesus was an advocate for the sick, the weak, the powerless, and the poor. In short, he was a liberal in every sense of the way.
 Shocked

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Spot-on analogy and a great opinion piece, Linda. I missed it and thanks for posting it here.

If Jesus had been a conservative, he would have hung out with the scribes and Pharisees more. Instead, he castigated those types continually, and they in turn had him killed for it.

Instead, Jesus was an advocate for the sick, the weak, the powerless, and the poor. In short, he was a liberal in every sense of the way.
  Shocked

Putin is Satan and Trump is the Antichrist.

RealLindaL

Meant to say thanks, Tel and Z-man.   Sadly, I think Pitts' column will likely need to be re-published over and over for the next four years -- every time there's obfuscation of, or excuse-making for, something the Trumpster clearly states but which his team prefers we not take at face value.

2seaoat

Conway is morally much worse than President Elect Trump. She fully is aware that she is lying and deflecting the truth. President Elect Trump just is delusional at times.

Telstar wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Spot-on analogy and a great opinion piece, Linda. I missed it and thanks for posting it here.

Shocked

Putin is Satan and Trump is the Antichrist.
Nope, you liberals all said Ronald Reagan was the antichrist.

And most of you liberals have zero knowledge of the Bible. What you do claim to know, you twist it into what you think it means far from the actual meaning. 

Here's a better read a rebuttal of our atheist, Christian bashing wordslinger and his minions .

http://louderwithcrowder.com/was-jesus-a-liberal-the-myth-debunked/

Shocked
Key words -opinion piece.

Funny how you libs expect conservatives to accept your opinion pieces or blogs as fact and you refuse to do the same with ours.

Example to the Nth degree that the forum is in full meltdown mode approaching the inauguration of the 45th COWH.  It's fun to watch and yes you folks are in high gear melt down. Your threads point that out. Each of you makes a deranged attack on trump and then the rest up you form up the circle jerk to congratulate the original poster. It's like debating someone with multiple personalities. I almost expect Linda Blair show up as someone's sock. It's is very entertaining .

RealLindaL

None of which, of course, addresses in the slightest the question of Kellyanne's always trying to say what the president really meant on an issue, thinking her spin will make us forget what he really said, or maybe that we'll just ignore what he says and believe whatever she tells us.

Mike Pence has been doing the exact same thing recently, e.g., "Oh, listen, what Mr. Trump was trying to say was....[insert Pence's preferred interpretation]."

If the American people are supposed to ignore everything the new president says and wait for someone else to tell us what Trump REALLY meant, we and our allies are all in one big heap of trouble.

RealLindaL

Tellthetruth wrote:

Funny how you libs expect conservatives to accept your opinion pieces or blogs as fact and you refuse to do the same with ours.

Difference is we never pretended this was a factual news story.  It is and always has been an opinion piece, NOT masquerading as news.  It just so happens that we agree with the opinions and conclusions expressed therein.  

Get it, teach?

And did you even bother to READ the piece? I seriously doubt it.

knothead

knothead

Tellthetruth wrote:And most of you liberals have zero knowledge of the Bible. What you do claim to know, you twist it into what you think it means far from the actual meaning. 

Here's a better read a rebuttal of our atheist, Christian bashing wordslinger and his minions .

One thing is crystal clear to me . . . . Jesus was a liberal!

RealLindaL wrote:None of which, of course, addresses in the slightest the question of Kellyanne's always trying to say what the president really meant on an issue, thinking her spin will make us forget what he really said, or maybe that we'll just ignore what he says and believe whatever she tells us.

Mike Pence has been doing the exact same thing recently, e.g., "Oh, listen, what Mr. Trump was trying to say was....[insert Pence's preferred interpretation]."

If the American people are supposed to ignore everything the new president says and wait for someone else to tell us what Trump REALLY meant, we and our allies are all in one big heap of trouble.

I guessed you missed the weeks after the Benghazi terrorist slaughter... when Obama sent his lackeys far and wide trying to pass it off as a demonstration over a youtube? There are still some useful idiots around here that believe it... like seagoat. So... is it really that shocking? Or is it routine now?

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:None of which, of course, addresses in the slightest the question of Kellyanne's always trying to say what the president really meant on an issue, thinking her spin will make us forget what he really said, or maybe that we'll just ignore what he says and believe whatever she tells us.

I guessed you missed the weeks after the Benghazi terrorist slaughter... when Obama sent his lackeys far and wide trying to pass it off as a demonstration over a youtube? There are still some useful idiots around here that believe it... like seagoat. So... is it really that shocking? Or is it routine now?

Deflection and diversion -- Kellyanne has trained you very well, I see.

Markle

Markle

Shocked

Leonard Pitts, Jr. lets Jesus answer Kellyanne  LIAR-1

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:

Shocked

Leonard Pitts, Jr. lets Jesus answer Kellyanne  LIAR-1

RealLindaL wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

Difference is we never pretended this was a factual news story.  It is and always has been an opinion piece, NOT masquerading as news.  It just so happens that we agree with the opinions and conclusions expressed therein.  

Get it, teach?

And did you even bother to READ the piece?  I seriously doubt it.
Yuge.... and I mean yuge lie. And yes I wrote it that way to make a point. Trump won and its time you and others like you grew up and accepted it. Please continue to meltdown.

RealLindaL

Tellthetruth wrote:Yuge.... and I mean yuge lie. And yes I wrote it that way to make a point. Trump won and its time you and others like you grew up and accepted it. Please continue to meltdown.

What EXACTLY, was a lie?  EXACTLY, please?  And who, exactly, told it??

As for growing up, the problem, teach, is that Trump never did.  He acts entirely like a child.  

So while we have no choice but accept the clear fact that Donald Trump will be inaugurated on Friday, it doesn't require us to be anything but appalled to see this childish puppy's becoming the next leader of our (already great) nation.

But the question still on the table is:  WHAT LIE, AND WHO TOLD IT????????

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:Yuge.... and I mean yuge lie. And yes I wrote it that way to make a point. Trump won and its time you and others like you grew up and accepted it. Please continue to meltdown.

As for growing up, the problem, teach, is that Trump never did.  He acts entirely like a child.  

So while we have no choice but accept the clear fact that Donald Trump will be inaugurated on Friday, it doesn't require us to be anything but appalled to see this childish puppy's becoming the next leader of our (already great) nation.

Trump=Slime

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tellthetruth wrote:And most of you liberals have zero knowledge of the Bible. What you do claim to know, you twist it into what you think it means far from the actual meaning. 

If you understood the Bible, you wouldn't be here every day posting hate messages.

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:

{{{CRICKETS}}}

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum