Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Still waiting for the Replace part of repeal and replace

+4
othershoe1030
dumpcare
Markle
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I mean this is beginning to be absurd. How difficult after six years of saying that the Republicans had a better health plan is it to present the same prior to repeal which has been promised for six years on the first day the Republicans won the White House. As many as thirty million and insurance markets are being thrown into chaos, where is the plan which is an improvement. The truth is the ACA is not being repealed in substance, but is pure rhetoric which will keep almost all of the bill with showboating as to repeal, and then guess what......the damn essential components will remain the same, and the individual mandate which paid for the subsidies and expansion.......either requires a tax increase, or elimination of folks being insured. The reason the plan does not exist is exactly because of the clear facts which contradict six years of hollow rhetoric.

I'll entertain your rhetoric IF the individual mandate is left in place.

In the mean time until inauguration... you are shooting in the dark like a damn fool.

2seaoat

How am I shooting in the dark. You do understand how Congress works. The new congress has been seated for a week and where is the bill which will replace. It is not dependent on the President, and the ACA was hatched and modified in Congress. There is nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was told for six years that the ACA was awful, and the Republicans had a better plan and they would immediately repeal and replace. I get the repeal.....just pass a bill where some have suggested that it will be grandfathered for four years, which means it is no repeal, but kicking the can down the road. Will someone please show me the proposed bill, not from the President, but from Congress.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I mean this is beginning to be absurd.  How difficult after six years of saying that the Republicans had a better health plan is it to present the same prior to repeal which has been promised for six years on the first day the Republicans won the White House.  As many as thirty million and insurance markets are being thrown into chaos, where is the plan which is an improvement.   The truth is the ACA is not being repealed in substance, but is pure rhetoric which will keep almost all of the bill with showboating as to repeal, and then guess what......the damn essential components will remain the same, and the individual mandate which paid for the subsidies and expansion.......either requires a tax increase, or elimination of folks being insured.   The reason the plan does not exist is exactly because of the clear facts which contradict six years of hollow rhetoric.

I even posted a link for you. Did you refuse to read the plan? If so...why?

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I mean this is beginning to be absurd.  How difficult after six years of saying that the Republicans had a better health plan is it to present the same prior to repeal which has been promised for six years on the first day the Republicans won the White House.  As many as thirty million and insurance markets are being thrown into chaos, where is the plan which is an improvement.   The truth is the ACA is not being repealed in substance, but is pure rhetoric which will keep almost all of the bill with showboating as to repeal, and then guess what......the damn essential components will remain the same, and the individual mandate which paid for the subsidies and expansion.......either requires a tax increase, or elimination of folks being insured.   The reason the plan does not exist is exactly because of the clear facts which contradict six years of hollow rhetoric.

I even posted a link for you.  Did you refuse to read the plan?  If so...why?

Damn you must be physic I just read on a tightie rightie website Paul Ryan said they would work on a plan after repeal but might be months. You better give him a call and tell him to visit your link outlining the plan.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

Damn you must be physic I just read on a tightie rightie website Paul Ryan said they would work on a plan after repeal but might be months. You better give him a call and tell him to visit your link outlining the plan.

For your benefit.

http://abetterway.speaker.gov/

2seaoat

I am done wasting my time with him. I read his link and it was not a bill, but an outline with subject areas which spent a good amount of time focusing on Obama care. He does not even understand what a bill is, how it works, and his abject ignorance and insistence on spamming and lying is pathological as I have pointed out.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:

For your benefit.

http://abetterway.speaker.gov/

Your link went to a very general commercial by Speaker Ryan about GOP ideas and then there was one paragraph with talking points about how bad "Obama Care" is and how it would collapse under its own weight. There was no plan at the link. CNN is having a town hall meeting with Ryan tonight at 8 central time. Maybe he'll talk about the plan then?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I saw an interview on TV this afternoon about the repeal and replace thing and the GOP congressman (sorry, can't remember who it was) said he couldn't vote to repeal even with a two year delay on a replace unless he knew what the replacement plan was. That sounds reasonable to me.

I wish they would dispense with the grandstanding of repeal and just pass some adjustments such as gradually (or not so gradually) requiring the drug companies to negotiate prices, things like that to improve the ACA.

I guess the GOP doesn't think their voters can understand the reason for not actually repealing the law in order to improve it? Even people who say they don't like the ACA admit they still want to have insurance. They just want lower rates and deductibles.

2seaoat

A bill as a starting point will need committee work. After the house determines the support for the specific provisions and it they have the votes, they will send it up to the senate where it will be further modified to guarantee enough senate votes. There is no bill. None. Today I heard that they are talking about a two year extension of the ACA with a bill to come sometime in the future. The problem is this creates great uncertainty in the markets as the promised repeal and replace has been broken and a bad situation made worse. Cowards. It is the only word I can use when talking about 20 million people who are being held hostage by utter incompetence and insensitivity. The bill does not require Trump to take office. The bill should have already been introduced. Nothing.

Sooo... NOW y'all want to know details... lol.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Damn you must be physic I just read on a tightie rightie website Paul Ryan said they would work on a plan after repeal but might be months. You better give him a call and tell him to visit your link outlining the plan.

I am done wasting my time with him. I read his link and it was not a bill, but an outline with subject areas which spent a good amount of time focusing on Obama care. He does not even understand what a bill is, how it works, and his abject ignorance and insistence on spamming and lying is pathological as I have pointed out.

Do you want it FAST or GREAT?

We KNOW what FAST gives us, total failure. The unknown legislation, passed so we could SEE WHAT WAS IN IT, supported by STUPID PEOPLE. As you know, NOT my words but rather the words of one of the architects of the SNAFU, Jonathan Gruber.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Damn you must be physic I just read on a tightie rightie website Paul Ryan said they would work on a plan after repeal but might be months. You better give him a call and tell him to visit your link outlining the plan.

I am done wasting my time with him.  I read his link and it was not a bill, but an outline with subject areas which spent a good amount of time focusing on Obama care.   He does not even understand what a bill is, how it works, and his abject ignorance and insistence on spamming and lying is pathological as I have pointed out.

Yea I don't know why I respond I read that article weeks ago on the insurance forum. That is not what Ryan wants.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There is no bill. None.

They are inventing things on the fly. No matter what they choose to do, the posters living in unicorn land will think it is great, because Republicans authored it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I know good people who took early retirement because they no longer had to keep working because of preexisting conditions, who are concerned as they do not go onto Medicare for a few years. What is ironic is that they were totally anti President Obama. I do not know if they voted for President elect Trump, but I find it remarkable that folks who are enjoying a nice early retirement with serious health issues would be surprised with what is happening.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Lifelong Republican to Speaker Ryan: Obamacare saved my life

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/audience-member-paul-ryan-town-hall-obamacare/index.html

Excerpts:

Jeff Jeans of Sedona, Arizona, told Ryan, who is leading the fight in the House to repeal Obamacare, that he had been a small business owner and "lifelong Republican" before being diagnosed with cancer, with just six weeks to live, at age 49.

"I want to thank President Obama from the bottom of my heart because I would be dead if it weren't for him," Jeans told Ryan on Thursday night, receiving applause from the audience.

Ryan said Republicans do not plan to repeal the law without better legislation.

At this same town hall meeting, Ryan seemed to say that he planned on repealing and replacing the ACA in President Tweeter's first 100 days.

Will we then call the replacement plan "Trumpcare"?

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 1/13/2017, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:I know good people who took early retirement because they no longer had to keep working because of preexisting conditions, who are concerned as they do not go onto Medicare for a few years.  What is ironic is that they were totally anti President Obama.  I do not know if they voted for President elect Trump, but I find it remarkable that folks who are enjoying a nice early retirement with serious health issues would be surprised with what is happening.

If the way I'm reading everything I can find about this repeal it will immediately defund it therefore leading to everyone losing their subsidies now, not when there is a replacement plan but now. It may not be perfect and the implementation screwed up but I cannot imagine the chaos it will create with insurance company's and the medical profession not to mention immediate job loss that has been created by aca. Also the 75,000 insurance agents that have worked their asses off getting everyone enrolled for 2017 that among all them will loose million's of dollar's. Oh the losses in their respective economy's that will suffer.

I'm glad I did not concentrate on aca this year I knew the pubs would fuck it up.

Will also play havoc with Part D drugs plans 2018 with a lot of senior's unable to purchase drugs in their donut hole. Most people didn't know the hole was gradually closing and to be closed in 2020. The drug manufacturer's picked up 49% of the cost of brand name drugs this year when one is in the donut hole.

dumpcare

Well I go to the doctor come home and see they repealed it, but they have to craft the wording.

If they remove the subsidies and lower the individual mandate tax penalty to zero, it could lead the individual market to unravel,” Dow says. Why? It could lead to high rates of what experts call adverse selection, which basically amounts to having more sick people in your pool than healthy ones. “When the pool is less healthy, the premium is higher,” says Paul Ginsburg, a health economist at USC’s Sol Price School of Public Policy and Brookings. Under Obamacare, the insurance mandate and subsidized lower premiums kept healthy people on the wagon. If Obamacare’s replacement doesn’t deal with the adverse selection problem, insurers will have to raise their premiums to cover the risk posed by having a higher proportion of sicker, costlier people. “Healthy people will drop out,” Ginsburg says. “This is going to do an amazing amount of collateral damage.”

I guess the Blue Cross Blue Shield assoc and all the state's respective CEO's that sent Trump and congress a signed letter last week that it was very unwise to just repeal without a good replacement plan meant nothing. Now dum dum will want a link to this letter well can't do that it's in a private sub forum of the insurance forum's.

Markle

Markle

It took thirteen months to come up with ObamaCare.

THEN it was passed without anyone knowing what it contained. You might recall what Nancy Pelosi so infamously declared! "We have to pass this so you can learn what is in it".

So why is the standard different now?

They're just running around in shrinking circles bumping into each other... it's a new stage of grief.

dumpcare

Markle wrote:It took thirteen months to come up with ObamaCare.

THEN it was passed without anyone knowing what it contained.  You might recall what Nancy Pelosi so infamously declared!  "We have to pass this so you can learn what is in it".

If you don't know then crawl back in your hole.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Markle wrote:It took thirteen months to come up with ObamaCare.

THEN it was passed without anyone knowing what it contained.  You might recall what Nancy Pelosi so infamously declared!  "We have to pass this so you can learn what is in it".

If you don't know then crawl back in your hole.

You're right, I do now know why it is different now than when Democrats used ever trick in the book to shove ObamaCare up our collective...throats.

I DO know what Jonathan Gruber said about anyone who supports the boondoggle.

2seaoat

They're just running around in shrinking circles bumping into each other... it's a new stage of grief.

Who is grieving? I am encouraged that entitlement reform and closing of foreign bases can happen. I am encouraged by getting tough with folks who ship jobs overseas. I am hopeful that the promised better healthcare system will be delivered. What I do not understand is that after twenty some votes to repeal the ACA over the last six years, no time was spent writing a bill which would be in place at the time of the repeal of the ACA. It is not anything to be in grief about because on the face of it is rather funny if so many innocent people who are in need were not being adversely impacted. I mean it reminds me of the kid on my teams who I coached who thought my keeping him on the bench was wrong, and I always gave them a chance to prove me wrong. It did not take long, but to the last one of them they realized some folks really cannot handle the game and that being on the bench complaining that they could do it better is a short trip to the truth......the only question how badly will the team get hurt in that learning curve. I am still hopeful, but it is time to quit the rhetoric and it is time to introduce the bill which was supposed to be better. I honestly hope they are right because if they are the team wins, but if they are not we all lose.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: I am encouraged that entitlement reform and closing of foreign bases can happen.  I am encouraged by getting tough with folks who ship jobs overseas.  I am hopeful that the promised better healthcare system will be delivered.

You're an enabling fool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum