Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Repair instead of Replace

+2
othershoe1030
dumpcare
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Repair instead of Replace Empty Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 8:37 am

dumpcare

I've have said this before, but then saw a glimmer of hope it may be replaced with something better, possibly Medicare for all or 50 and over. I knew they didn't have any answer's for something as complex as this, must be above their heads.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-01/republicans-rebrand-obamacare-strategy-from-repeal-to-repair

2Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 10:59 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Frank Luntz is a very skilled word smith. He knows how to frame an issue in the best possible light to serve the interests of his client. I think the use of the word "Repair" is excellent. Everyone with any sense, Democrats included, knows it is in need of improvement (repair) not a reinvention of the wheel. Repair also has the advantage of perfectly describing what most people think it needs and starts with the same letter, LOL. No kidding, that really makes a difference in how it will be accepted.

The repair language was discussed by Republicans during their closed-door policy retreat in Philadelphia last week as a better way to brand their strategy. Some of that discussion flowed from views that Republicans may not be headed toward a total replacement, said one conservative House lawmaker who didn’t want to be identified.

Using the word repair “captures exactly what the large majority of the American people want,” said Frank Luntz, a prominent Republican consultant and pollster who addressed GOP lawmakers at their retreat.

“The public is particularly hostile about skyrocketing costs, and they demand immediate change,” Luntz said in an e-mail response to questions. “Repair is a less partisan but no less action-oriented phrase that Americans overwhelmingly embrace.”

3Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 12:06 pm

dumpcare

Since I posted this early this morning and have spoke with someone who has contact with a few people in D.C. Supposedly they will take a part a section at a time and replace that section until it is completed, timeline is 2019. They are looking at some of Rand Paul's bill as a guideline. Who know's?

4Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 12:53 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ppaca wrote:Since I posted this early this morning and have spoke with someone who has contact with a few people in D.C. Supposedly they will take a part a section at a time and replace that section until it is completed, timeline is 2019. They are looking at some of Rand Paul's bill as a guideline. Who know's?

Sounds much more realistic. It gives everyone time to discuss and reflect. I hope this is comforting to people who have been afraid of losing their insurance because of all the threats about tossing it out wholesale. Reality is finally being recognized.

5Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 1:39 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

It wouldn't be as fucked up now as it is if the democrats hadn't done everything in secret and behind closed doors with their BS
"transparent administration". You libtards fucked it up. You own it. Now it has to be fixed some how, and all you want top do is bitch and moan. Geez....yall never ever learn.

6Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 3:49 pm

dumpcare

In all the years you have been here vector shit with your big fucking mouth spewing libtard this and libtard that you have not added one constructive thing to this forum and I doubt to anyone in the low life you must lead. This was a constructive thread until your lowlife self came upon it. Suck it you moronic asshole. Libtard was always used by some fucked up clown that used to come on here by the name of Randy. Or maybe you're with vector marketing.

Edited to take out trumptard because I don't feel anyone that voted for him is retarded, they believed in him but I think he is going to let them down.

7Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 7:24 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:In all the years you have been here vector shit with your big fucking mouth spewing libtard this and libtard that you have not added one constructive thing to this forum and I doubt to anyone in the low life you must lead. This was a constructive thread until your lowlife self came upon it. Suck it you moronic asshole. Libtard was always used by some fucked up clown that used to come on here by the name of Randy. Or maybe you're with vector marketing.

Edited to take out trumptard because I don't feel anyone that voted for him is retarded, they believed in him but I think he is going to let them down.

Wow, ppaca, GOOD FOR YOU.  Thanks for telling it like it is.   cheers   cheers   cheers

The truth is that very little major legislation is perfect right out of the gate.  Changes and tweaks are standard procedure, and it would seem logical they'd be more necessary when the system being created is, by necessity, extremely complex.  Of course it remains to be seen just how drastic the changes will be -- and we all know that nothing TOO drastic will be revealed before the mid-terms -- but this sounds like some common sense is finally sinking in.

8Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 7:29 pm

dumpcare

To tell you the truth it needs fixed or replaced, but assure everyone can get coverage somehow. Let insurance company's come up with bare bones so the ones who feel they are healthy can buy a cheap plan. I do care about the high cost of drugs that Trump started back tracking on yesterday with the drug company's.

9Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 9:47 pm

2seaoat

The repair of any comprehensive bill is simply a realistic necessity for laws to work. Better efficiency, lower costs, and better medical care for Americans. However, the mind numbing hateful propaganda against this bill from the beginning was clear that there never was a replacement because the original was pretty remarkable, but far from perfect. Everybody knew this would happen and all the hot air and hateful posts on this forum about its failure and how Republicans had a better plan. They never had a plan they could pass. All they ever could do was offer the repair option, and the sad thing is that if Democrats do not go along with anything, they are going to be hard pressed for votes because a significant number of reactionary members of congress want Americans who are sick to die in the streets before tax money subsidizes their care. Vector is a perfect example of the hypocrisy. He barks and demeans, but he has nothing.....absolutely nothing to replace.....except the people dying in the street, he is good with that as long as they are brown, black, or muslim, but if he needs health care.......well we know the story.

10Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 9:56 pm

2seaoat

The idea that the ACA was passed behind closed doors is absurd. It was a technical bill and as you can see the replace part is not happening by committee for a reason. So Vector in the open air of transparency.....how are your boyz doing with the replacement. It is simply too funny how delusional so many people were to say they hated Obamacare, but when it was explained that Obamacare went by a different name in their state, they loved the insurance they could now afford.......this is simply an intelligence test and some fail and some pass.

11Repair instead of Replace Empty Re: Repair instead of Replace 2/2/2017, 10:09 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:It wouldn't be as fucked up now as it is if the democrats hadn't done everything in secret and behind closed doors with their BS
"transparent administration". You libtards fucked it up. You own it. Now it has to be fixed some how, and all you want top do is bitch and moan. Geez....yall never ever learn.

Hopefully, the Trump re-education camp can fix your gayness along with your personality disorder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum