Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Is it possible for the failed administration to be more stupid? Doubtful, very Doubtful but then, they never cease to amaze me with their ignorance.

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel
Josh Lederman and Matthew Daly, The Associated Press | December 28, 2016 3:35 PM ET
More from The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State John Kerry tore into Israel on Wednesday for settlement-building, accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of dragging Israel away from democracy and forcefully rejecting the notion that America had abandoned Israel with a controversial U.N. vote. Israel’s government accused Kerry of a skewed attempt to blame Israel for failing to reach a peace deal.

In a farewell speech, Kerry laid out a vision for peace that he won’t be in office to implement, but that the U.S. hoped might be heeded even after President Barack Obama leaves office. He staunchly defended Obama’s move last week to allow the U.N. Security Council to declare Israeli settlements illegal, the spark that set off an extraordinary and deepening diplomatic spat between the U.S. and its closest Mideast ally.

“If the choice is one state, Israel can either be Jewish or democratic, it cannot be both, and it won’t ever really be at peace,” Kerry said in a speech that ran more than an hour, a comprehensive airing of grievances that have built up in the Obama administration over eight years but were rarely, until this month, discussed publicly.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/it-can-either-be-jewish-or-democratic-it-cannot-be-both-in-a-parting-shot-john-kerry-tears-into-israel

Will the anti-Semite Progressives here please show us where this administration has demanded that the Palestinians (Hamas) recognize Israel's right to exist and to denounce the rhetoric to push Israel into the sea.

This is a despicable act and Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama's John Kerry was obviously on the defense after the blow-back has stunned the Democrats.

President Donald Trump was 100% CORRECT when he Tweeted: We cannot continue to let Israel be treated with such total disdain and disrespect. They used to have a great friend in the U.S., but....

not anymore. The beginning of the end was the horrible Iran deal and now this (U.N.)! Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hooray for Secretary of State John Kerry and President Barrack Obama for speaking the TRUTH!!!

Bibi Netanyahu is a warmongering jerk!

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel Bibi_g11

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hooray for Secretary of State John Kerry and President Barrack Obama for speaking the TRUTH!!!

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel Bibi_g11
Does Kerry tell that to the Shia dominated Iraqi government? Or the Shia led Iranian government ? He's supported them enough. Hypocrite the entire Obama admin including its leader.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hooray for Secretary of State John Kerry and President Barrack Obama for speaking the TRUTH!!!

What would you do if your next door neighbor refused to accept your right to live, lobbed M-90's into your yard any time of the night or day? They kill your dog and maim your wife. The police (U.N.) come out and tell you...not our problem.

What would you do?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:What would you do if your next door neighbor refused to accept your right to live, lobbed M-90's into your yard any time of the night or day?  They kill your dog and maim your wife.  The police (U.N.) come out and tell you...not our problem.

What would you do?

The facts are that both sides are at fault. The Israelis have unleashed enough terror in return. Far more Palestinians have died and Arab property destroyed or damaged due to Israeli reprisals than Israeli citizens and property have been injured from Palestinian attacks.

Israel remains the last apartheid state. It wants to be like the old Rhodesia and South Africa. The world has moved beyond those states. The Netanyahu government clings to obsolete thinking and action.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:

What would you do if your next door neighbor refused to accept your right to live, lobbed M-90's into your yard any time of the night or day?  They kill your dog and maim your wife.  The police (U.N.) come out and tell you...not our problem.

What would you do?

You got questions I recommend reading the entire transcript of Sec. Kerry"s speech today. He laid out facts and history. Inform thyself

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Bibi Netanyahu is a warmongering jerk![/size]

What would you do if your next door neighbor refused to accept your right to live, lobbed M-90's into your yard any time of the night or day?  They kill your dog and maim your wife.  The police (U.N.) come out and tell you...not our problem.

What would you do?

You got questions I recommend reading the entire transcript of Sec. Kerry"s speech today.  He laid out facts and history. Inform thyself

I watched him. He was a man, speaking in desperation, in an effort to cover his behind after the massive blowback from the vote this week.

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel Ben%20quote_zpsyta5qqj1

You refused to answer my simple question...what would you do?

2seaoat

What would you do?

Defend my family. I would not invade my neighbors yard and start building new homes on their land and inviting people from Russia and America to move in.......I support 100% Israels right to defend itself, but expanding onto land owned by others is wrong. It has been recognized as wrong in the entire world. It has been a policy condemned by America for forty years. President Obama and Kerry are right. It is time for truth. It is time for peace. It is not time for one more lie. Israel could be building these buildings in the pre 1968 boundaries. I understand military bases, I do not understand taking land from another people and then complaining that they have not sought peace and only want war.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What would you do?

Defend my family.  I would not invade my neighbors yard and start building new homes on their land and inviting people from Russia and America to move in.......I support 100% Israels right to defend itself, but expanding onto land owned by others is wrong.  It has been recognized as wrong in the entire world.  It has been a policy condemned by America for forty years.   President Obama and Kerry are right.  It is time for truth.  It is time for peace.   It is not time for one more lie.  Israel could be building these buildings in the pre 1968 boundaries.  I understand military bases, I do not understand taking land from another people and then complaining that they have not sought peace and only want war.

Way to go! IF you had a vacant lot, between you and that neighbor, you would do all you could to keep them further away from you. THANK YOU!

2seaoat

Way to go! IF you had a vacant lot, between you and that neighbor, you would do all you could to keep them further away from you. THANK YOU!

It is not even responsive and is totally random. People were living in houses not vacant lots. Innocent people who have done nothing to Israel, and are having their lands stolen. There are military and economic responses to aggression that do not involve breaking international law, and common sense. The American policy has been correct in opposing settlement. So you think settlement is a good response. You are a shill for evil. You are a shill for MIC. Continual war makes profit.....so you support war. President Obama and SOS follow American policy for forty years and they are the bad guys.....you are a POS.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Way to go! IF you had a vacant lot, between you and that neighbor, you would do all you could to keep them further away from you. THANK YOU!

It is not even responsive and is totally random.  People were living in houses not vacant lots.   Innocent people who have done nothing to Israel, and are having their lands stolen.  There are military and economic responses to aggression that do not involve breaking international law, and common sense.  The American policy has been correct in opposing settlement.   So you think settlement is a good response.  You are a shill for evil.  You are a shill for MIC.  Continual war makes profit.....so you support war.   President Obama and SOS follow American policy for forty years and they are the bad guys.....you are a POS.

If you don't accept the fact that it is the Palestinians, who voted for Hamas (on our list of terrorists) continues to launch rocket and suicide murders into Israel, you are a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Israel is a tiny spec of a country surrounded by countries who have sworn to push them into the sea. That's the Holocaust all over again. Apparently, that is something of which you approve. Are you aware too that Hamas pays the families of individuals who have blown themselves up with suicide bombs?

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama has turned his back on the Jews...unless he is pandering to them for their vote. Such as they do for every other minority group.

President Obama has opened his, and therefore our arms, to Muslims and everyone else who storms our shores and borders. How has that worked out for us and the rest of the world?

‘It can either be Jewish or democratic. It cannot be both’: In parting shot, Kerry tears into Israel Israel%20suicide%20bombers_zps65orjjin

2seaoat

If you don't accept the fact that it is the Palestinians, who voted for Hamas

So the folks who voted for Donald Trump, included white nationalist who are terrorists, so it is appropriate to steal property from all Trump voters because of the White nationalist terrorists......splendid logic, and contrary to American policy before President Obama was in office. You do not know history. You lack logic. You simply cut and paste what propaganda has been given to you. At least try not to be random and non responsive when entering a dialogue......it betrays any pretense that your purpose is anything beyond your spamming of this forum.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:What would you do if your next door neighbor refused to accept your right to live, lobbed M-90's into your yard any time of the night or day?  They kill your dog and maim your wife.  The police (U.N.) come out and tell you...not our problem.

What would you do?

The facts are that both sides are at fault. The Israelis have unleashed enough terror in return. Far more Palestinians have died and Arab property destroyed or damaged due to Israeli reprisals than Israeli citizens and property have been injured from Palestinian attacks.

Israel remains the last apartheid state. It wants to be like the old Rhodesia and South Africa. The world has moved beyond those states. The Netanyahu government clings to obsolete thinking and action.
You're clueless. How Arabs and Muslims participate in a democratic society in Israel .  Arabs and Muslims in Israel are part of the political process and working government . Tell me how many Jews work in the Saudi Arabian government or the Syrian government where the Egyptian government where the government and turkey et al. You're such an anti-Semite it's unbelievable that you even have a college degree

knothead

knothead

Tellthetruth wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

What would you do?

You're clueless. How Arabs and Muslims participate in a democratic society in Israel .  Arabs and Muslims in Israel are part of the political process and working government . Tell me how many Jews work in the Saudi Arabian government or the Syrian government where the Egyptian government where the government and turkey et al. You're such an anti-Semite it's unbelievable that you even have a college degree

Wow . . . . and you are calling Zman clueless? Sad!

Sal

Sal

Kerry's statement that Israel cannot be both a democratic nation and a nation which enshrines a single religion is correct and on point ....

.... this is a concept we should feel compelled to discuss in application to many nations in this world, including our own.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You're such an anti-Semite it's unbelievable that you even have a college degree

I have more degrees than PeeDog has.

PeeDog would sell his own country out for Israel if it ever came to it. It's that end-times junk that many fundamentalist Christians are indoctrinated in. Of course, the Zionists fully exploit this doctrine to the max and use it as a cover for the atrocities they commit and want to be excused from. Their useful idiots excuse these at every turn.

Thank you President Obama and Secretary Kerry for allowing a light to be shined on the truth. It's been long overdue!

Defend my family.  I would not invade my neighbors yard and start building new homes on their land and inviting people from Russia and America to move in.......I support 100% Israels right to defend itself, but expanding onto land owned by others is wrong.  It has been recognized as wrong in the entire world.  It has been a policy condemned by America for forty years.   President Obama and Kerry are right.  It is time for truth.  It is time for peace.   It is not time for one more lie.  Israel could be building these buildings in the pre 1968 boundaries.  I understand military bases, I do not understand taking land from another people and then complaining that they have not sought peace and only want war.

The land Israel has was their land and their land alone given to them by the Creator himself. What they possess is but a smidgen of what is written about in the Bible that they are granted. There's never been Palestinian "anything" in that area of the world. There's never been a Palestinian language, money, laws, government of any kind whatsoever. Israel had to fight in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 and multiple other infitadas to keep what they have. They've even given back some (Gaza and West Bank areas) from time to time except the strategic Golan Heights and look what it has gained them? If Mexico were shooting rockets into the US territory (thousands upon thousands and killing kids and innocent people), how long would we wait to respond and what kind of force do you think we would use? Israel even showed great restraint during our war to expel Iraqi forces from Kuwait when Saddam purposely shot SCUD missiles into some of the most populated areas of Israel trying to ignite a war between Arabs and Jews. You guys are as guilty as Obama and Kerry in your statements toward Israel. ANTI-SEMITES!

John Kerry is Dead Wrong about Israeli Settlements

by Gregg Roman
The Los Angeles Times
December 28, 2016

Secretary of State John Kerry condemned Israel for settlement policies that "make two states impossible" on December 28.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334, which describes Israel's settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem as illegal, should never have passed last week. But the U.S. refused to use its veto power, in part because, as Secretary of State John F. Kerry explained in a speech on Wednesday, the Obama administration believes settlements are an obstacle to peace in the Middle East. In the outgoing administration's view, extreme criticism is, conversely, necessary to advance the peace process.

This argument is dead wrong. Still, let's examine it.

Although administration officials have been reluctant to explain the precise reasoning behind their last-minute series of attacks on Israel, as near as I can tell it rests on three assumptions.

The first, as Kerry outlined in his speech, is that a freeze on Israeli settlement growth makes it easier for Palestinian negotiators to make painful compromises at the negotiating table. It supposedly does this by easing Palestinian suspicions that Israel either won't make major territorial concessions at the negotiating table, or won't implement these concessions once made.

The main impediment to compromise is Palestinian unwillingness to accept the existence of a Jewish state.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu put this assumption to the test in November 2009 when he imposed a 10-month moratorium on new housing construction (East Jerusalem excepted) at the urging of the Obama administration.

What happened? Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas refused to return to talks until the very end of the moratorium and remained every bit as intransigent as before.

The main impediment to Palestinian compromise is not Palestinian suspicion; it is the fundamental unwillingness of Palestinian leaders across the spectrum to accept the existence of a Jewish state alongside their own.

Some settlement growth makes it easier for Palestinian moderates to build public support for compromise.

What's more, a strong case can be made that some settlement growth actually makes it easier for Palestinian moderates to build public support for compromise by underscoring that a continuation of the status quo is untenable and injurious to Palestinian national aspirations in the long run.

The Obama administration's second assumption is that pressure from the international community or from the United States will bring about this supposedly desirable settlement freeze.

However, by collapsing the distinction between East Jerusalem and bustling Israeli towns just inside the West Bank — which no major Israeli political party will contemplate abandoning — and the remaining settlements, most of which Israelis are willing to give up, this policy does the opposite.

"It is a gift to Bibi Netanyahu, who can now more easily argue to Israelis that the bad relationship with America these last eight years wasn't his fault," notes the writer Jonah Goldberg.

Finally, even if it were true that a settlement freeze would make it easier for Palestinian negotiators to trust Israel and that international pressure would increase the willingness of Israeli leaders to accept such a freeze, these effects would be far overshadowed by the problems created by branding Israeli claims outside the 1949 armistice line illegal and invalid.

Palestinian leaders will have double the trouble compromising now that the UN has endorsed their maximalist demands.

Since Palestinian leaders already have trouble justifying to their people the abandonment of territorial claims to Ma'ale Adumim, the Jewish quarter in Jerusalem, and so forth, they will have double the trouble now that the United States has endorsed these demands. What Palestinian leader can sign away territory to which Washington and the Security Council have declared Israelis have no legitimate claim?

Kerry stated plainly that Israel is to blame for the demise of the two-state process, and that — unless its leaders listen to counsel — Israel will not survive as both a Jewish and a democratic state. Now that the administration's views are crystal clear, pundits should spare us the back and forth on whether its eleventh-hour obsessions are good for peace – no one as smart as Obama or Kerry can possibly believe that it is.

The more interesting question, sure to be the focus of congressional hearings next year, is why the administration used its last few weeks to damage relations with Israel.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The land Israel has was their land and their land alone given to them by the Creator himself.

They were driven out of the land after they had the Romans murder Jesus.

The Eastern Europeans who CONVERTED to Judaism around 780 AD hail from the Caucasus and have no blood-connection to Abraham. Bibi is a white-dude and none of his ancestral kin ever lived in the land of Palestine, going back to the Neanderthal period.

ANTI-SEMITES!

"Anti-semitic, it's a trick we always use it."

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The land Israel has was their land and their land alone given to them by the Creator himself.

They were driven out of the land after they had the Romans murder Jesus.

The Eastern Europeans who CONVERTED to Judaism around 780 AD hail from the Caucasus and have no blood-connection to Abraham. Bibi is a white-dude and none of his ancestral kin ever lived in the land of Palestine, going back to the Neanderthal period.

ANTI-SEMITES!

"Anti-semitic, it's a trick we always use it."

It's their land and it's written in Genesis that it is.

http://www.bibleabookoftruth.com/IsraelIsGodsLandAndJewsAreGodsPeople.pdf

America may be judged by the actions of one Barack Hussein Obama. How does that suit you?

http://www.differentspirit.org/articles/boundaries.php

Some 3,500 years ago the Canaanites inhabited the land that God promised to give to the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (see Timeline). God promised that He would give the land of Israel to the Jewish people as an eternal possession. The promise was unconditional. God confirmed it at least 55 times with an oath and stated at least 12 times that the covenant was everlasting (see Bible References).

God did bring the Israelites into the Promised Land forty years after the Exodus from Egypt. Israel reached the peak of her power some 500 years later under King Solomon.

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:

It's their land and it's written in Genesis that it is.

http://www.bibleabookoftruth.com/IsraelIsGodsLandAndJewsAreGodsPeople.pdf

America may be judged by the actions of one Barack Hussein Obama. How does that suit you?

http://www.differentspirit.org/articles/boundaries.php

Some 3,500 years ago the Canaanites inhabited the land that God promised to give to the offspring of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (see Timeline). God promised that He would give the land of Israel to the Jewish people as an eternal possession. The promise was unconditional. God confirmed it at least 55 times with an oath and stated at least 12 times that the covenant was everlasting (see Bible References).

God did bring the Israelites into the Promised Land forty years after the Exodus from Egypt. Israel reached the peak of her power some 500 years later under King Solomon.

Sal wrote:Kerry's statement that Israel cannot be both a democratic nation and a nation which enshrines a single religion is correct and on point ....

.... this is a concept we should feel compelled to discuss in application to many nations in this world, including our own.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tellthetruth wrote:

The land Israel has was their land and their land alone given to them by the Creator himself. What they possess is but a smidgen of what is written about in the Bible that they are granted. There's never been Palestinian "anything" in that area of the world. There's never been a Palestinian language, money, laws, government of any kind whatsoever. Israel had to fight in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 and multiple other infitadas to keep what they have. They've even given back some (Gaza and West Bank areas) from time to time except the strategic Golan Heights and look what it has gained them? If Mexico were shooting rockets into the US territory (thousands upon thousands and killing kids and innocent people), how long would we wait to respond and what kind of force do you think we would use? Israel even showed great restraint during our war to expel Iraqi forces from Kuwait when Saddam purposely shot SCUD missiles into some of the most populated areas of Israel trying to ignite a war between Arabs and Jews. You guys are as guilty as Obama and Kerry in your statements toward Israel. ANTI-SEMITES!

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO.

Floridatexan wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO.

I'll take the Bible over any video you suggest.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tellthetruth wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO.

I'll take the Bible over any video you suggest.

My God, you're dumb as a post. WATCH THE VIDEO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum