Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Donald Trump resign during his first term

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

will Donald Trump resign during his first term

Will Donald Trump resign during his first term I_vote_lcap11%Will Donald Trump resign during his first term I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Will Donald Trump resign during his first term I_vote_lcap89%Will Donald Trump resign during his first term I_vote_rcap 89% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I do not believe that Donald Trump will want to continue as President for the entire term. I saw him slip and hint the same three weeks ago. I just think he will bore rapidly with how really powerless a President is in a democratic constitutional system of balance of power with checks and balance.

I predict he will resign in 2018 around the two year mark. I may be wrong, but he will simply be like a trapped animal in the White House.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: I may be wrong, but he will simply be like a trapped animal in the White House.

He's hinted that he plans to split his time between the White House and Trump Tower in NYC.

He thinks it's a part-time job.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I do not believe that Donald Trump will want to continue as President for the entire term.  I saw him slip and hint the same three weeks ago.  I just think he will bore rapidly with how really powerless a President is in a democratic constitutional system of balance of power with checks and balance.

I predict he will resign in 2018 around the two year mark.  I may be wrong, but he will simply be like a trapped animal in the White House.

I voted no. It's more likely impeachment will start but his old buddy Vlad Putin will start some false flag war so that American rubes will rally around their piss poor choice for president.

BTW Seaoat don't forget to vote in Words poll about our biased forum moderator.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I don't think he will resign, but he has a relatively high chance of being impeached.  He will continue to let his utter incompetence show, he will continue to speak in dog whistle racist terms, world leaders will shun him,  his pending legal problems will continue to mount, and then the republican establishment congress that was re-elected at a rate of 97% by the low-information white male "change election" voters will be happy to impeach him in favor of Pence.  

And that's when shit will really start to go south again.  W Bush part II but much much worse.

He won't resign. He's been put in place by the RNC and they will not allow any shakeup while they appear to have complete control in Washington. Why do you think Pious is the Chief of Staff? It's going to be a carefully guarded Republican win.

2seaoat

I do not think he has the discipline to grind out policy, and he will bore with the whole concept of being a public servant. I think President Obama was kind when he said Donald Trump is pragmatic and does not have a political ideology. At some point a pragmatic person would get frustrated with the slow motion for getting anything done in DC. I guess the great wall has become a great fence.....that will be frustrating.

He may surprise everybody and have the ability to drill down to the detail of policy and have core beliefs.......we will see.

knothead

knothead

I voted no . . . . resignation means losing in Donald world and there is nothing he hates more than just that . . . . . losing. I really believe that Trump sees himself as the Savior (to use a horrible pun) but he seeks adoration and recognition that he is smartest son of a bitch to ever occupy the White House (I put that in remembrance of Bob but I just do not have the punch he did) but no he would never resign!

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:I voted no . . . . resignation means losing in Donald world and there is nothing he hates more than just that . . . . .  losing.  I really believe that Trump sees himself as the Savior (to use a horrible pun) but he seeks adoration and recognition that he is smartest son of a bitch to ever occupy the White House (I put that in remembrance of Bob but I just do not have the punch he did) but no he would never resign!  

I voted no, and knot has said it all about why I, too, made that choice. His ego won't let him quit and go down in ignominy.

RealLindaL

I also agree with those who say that if we lose Trump -- whether by (unlikely) resignation, assassination, illness or natural death -- the latter seeming more likely based on his love of fast food and red meat -- we'll then be stuck with Pence, probably even worse. Oily, smooth talking, preachy -- Pence and would be death on social progress in this nation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum