Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bush advisor says Trump will resign in 2019. I pray he's right!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Here's the article:

Trump Will Resign in 2019: Former Bush Adviser
news 7 hours ago Newsweek

President Donald Trump speaks at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq on December 26. A former adviser to President George W. Bush wrote in an op-ed that he believed Trump would leave office this year.

Alan J. Steinberg—who served as an adviser to former President George W. Bush—wrote in an opinion piece published this week that he didn't believe President Donald Trump would be removed from office through impeachment.

Steinberg, a former Environmental Protection Agency regional administrator, said that he believed Trump would resign in 2019 in exchange for immunity.
More from Newsweek

Former Anti-ISIS Envoy Bids Farewell to Trump Admin

Trump to U.S.: 'Calm Down and Enjoy the Ride' in 2019

Stanley McChrystal: Trump Is Immoral, Dishonest Man

"Trump will not be removed from office by the constitutional impeachment and removal process," Steinberg wrote in The Star-Ledger. "Instead, the self-professed supreme dealmaker will use his presidency as a bargaining chip with federal and state authorities in 2019, agreeing to leave office in exchange for the relevant authorities not pursuing criminal charges against him, his children or the Trump Organization."

Steinberg noted in the piece that should the House of Representatives impeach Trump, 20 Republican senators would have to break with the president to remove him from office—and that seems very unlikely. Steinberg wrote that the many legal challenges facing Trump—the investigation from special counsel Robert Mueller, the probe from the Southern District of New York as well as inquiries from the attorney general of New York and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office—could lead him to leave the White House, especially as authorities close in on his family.

Steinberg wrote for The Star-Ledger:

"Aside from all the legal nightmares facing Trump and his presidency, it appears virtually impossible for Trump to be reelected in 2020. The economy appears headed for a severe recession, as evidenced by the recent plunge in the stock market, which appears on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression.

There are only two years left in Trump’s presidential term. With his approval ratings in an abysmal state, and the forthcoming recession making it near impossible for Trump to stage a political recovery, it appears most likely that he will use the continuation of his presidency as a bargaining chip."

Steinberg is far from the only person who believes Trump will be out of office before his first term is up.

Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images

Former Republican Representative John LeBoutillier wrote that it seemed increasingly clear that Trump's presidency was going fully off the rails. Making predictions for The Hill, he wrote: "1. Donald J. Trump’s presidency will not survive 2019;
2. The downward trajectory of every aspect of his tenure indicates we are headed for a spectacular political crash-and-burn—and fairly soon; 3. His increasingly erratic and angry behavior, his self-imposed isolation, his inability and refusal to listen to smart advisers that he hired, all are leading him to a precipice."

The new year has begun with Trump fighting over his long-promised wall along the southern border of the United States. The president sparked a partial government shutdown when he refused to sign a spending bill that didn't include funding for the wall, and it's unclear when that shutdown might end.

"The Democrats, much as I suspected, have allocated no money for a new Wall," Trump tweeted this week. "So imaginative! The problem is, without a Wall there can be no real Border Security - and our Country must finally have a Strong and Secure Southern Border!"

Trump, meanwhile, aside from his dedicated based, remains largely unpopular, with his average approval rating at 41.4 percent on Wednesday morning, according to the tracker from data-focused website FiveThirtyEight.

zsomething

I have my doubts. This guy's a headcase and has had it ingrained in him pretty much since birth by his psychopathic daddy that there are only "killers" and "losers." His dad bullied his first-born namesake to death, and encouraged his other sons to bully him, too, all because he wanted to be an airline pilot instead of a tycoon.

Donald will view resigning as admitting he did a bad job. You don't walk away from something you're "winning" at, and Donald needs somebody -- even if it's his ever-dwindling cult -- to see him as a "winner." Plus he still has his backup plan that he formed when he thought he wasn't going to win the election: claim the other side "cheated" and build a media empire out of the resentment. Donald still wants "Trump TV," an even-more-Trump-cult-centered version of FOX, kinda InfoWars conspiracy shit, and if he's seen as a "quitter" it might turn people off to him (the way Palin's online "network" didn't work out). So I don't know if his ego, and his ambitions, will let him resign.

As for sacrificing himself for his kids... he doesn't give a damn about those kids. He's a sociopath, they're nothing more than trophies. And the only one he's proud of at all is Ivanka because he thinks she's pretty. Don Jr. and Eric he couldn't care less about. I don't think he'd even sacrifice himself for Invanka, much less those two goons. He's a parent the way an alligator is a parent.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

zsomething wrote:I have my doubts.   This guy's a headcase and has had it ingrained in him pretty much since birth by his psychopathic daddy that there are only "killers" and "losers."  His dad bullied his first-born namesake to death, and encouraged his other sons to bully him, too, all because he wanted to be an airline pilot instead of a tycoon.

Donald will view resigning as admitting he did a bad job.  You don't walk away from something you're "winning" at, and Donald needs somebody  -- even if it's his ever-dwindling cult -- to see him as a "winner."  Plus he still has his backup plan that he formed when he thought he wasn't going to win the election:  claim the other side "cheated" and build a media empire out of the resentment.   Donald still wants "Trump TV," an even-more-Trump-cult-centered version of FOX, kinda InfoWars conspiracy shit, and if he's seen as a "quitter" it might turn people off to him (the way Palin's online "network" didn't work out).  So I don't know if his ego, and his ambitions, will let him resign.

As for sacrificing himself for his kids... he doesn't give a damn about those kids.  He's a sociopath, they're nothing more than trophies.  And the only one he's proud of at all is Ivanka because he thinks she's pretty.  Don Jr. and Eric he couldn't care less about.  I don't think he'd even sacrifice himself for Invanka, much less those two goons.  He's a parent the way an alligator is a parent.

"He's a parent the way an alligator is a parent." I love it!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No way in hell Drumpf should be allowed to walk away from his self-imposed disaster. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, including his enablers. Conspiracy against the US, obstruction of justice, racketeering, etc. The sad part is the damage he and the Republican Party have wrought in the past 2 years, and the people who have been harmed by his megalomania.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum