Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very Quiet

+7
Wordslinger
RealLindaL
stormwatch89
Markle
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 8:45 am

ppaca wrote:Something funny on tv right now the Canadian government immigration website crashed overnight. Saw on FB last night Canadian real estate agents advertising. lol

Why aren't they going to Mexico? RACISTS..!!

27Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 9:28 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Do those of you who supported Trump really think he will build wall?

Do you think the Republican Congress will pass his budget that economists say will blow a hole in the debt?

I am in shock and very disappointed but then I think well, Trump would say one thing one day and the opposite the next and deny the first statement even when clips of him saying the very thing he denied...so who is he going to be as president? Will he turn into a Democrat? Will he negotiate with big pharma for lower drug prices? Will he recognize human activity as a contributor to global warming? Will he tear up trade and climate treaties, can he do that? Will he blow us all up? Will he make government work for everyone and not just the well off?

Just a few questions and more to come.

28Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 9:36 am

Much of Obama's agenda was done with ex order... so much can be undone easily.

29Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 10:07 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

othershoe1030 wrote:Do those of you who supported Trump really think he will build wall?

Not really.

Do you think the Republican Congress will pass his budget that economists say will blow a hole in the debt?

Hopefully, but we KNOW the Dems wouldn't.

I am in shock and very disappointed but then I think well, Trump would say one thing one day and the opposite the next and deny the first statement even when clips of him saying the very thing he denied...so who is he going to be as president?

That smacks of Hillary, OS.

Will he turn into a Democrat?

I hope not.

Will he negotiate with big pharma for lower drug prices?

Perhaps.  He has negotiated many deals.

Will he recognize human activity as a contributor to global warming?

I doubt that he'll ban cows, a large contributor to CO2.

Will he blow us all up?

[b]Strength vs. apologies? I'm going with strength that will save our military useless loss of life

Will he make government work for everyone and not just the well off?

It's doubtful that all of us can agree on that one, but our history doesn't speak too well.  Think Clinton Cash

Just a few questions and more to come.

More to come

. [b] I'm grateful to hope for change like y'all hoped for 8 years ago. It failed.

30Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 10:36 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Well stated Stormy.

31Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 11:05 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wonder what fabulous new health care/insurance plan he'll come up with? Hope they figure out some new thing before sending out all the letters telling people they no longer have health care, will the rejection of those who have pre-existing conditions return? Will drug prices get negotiated?

32Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 11:14 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm interested in hearing how he handles inquiries to his tax returns once that audit is finished.

33Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 11:16 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Whether you're a Bernie Progressive or a Trump conservative, none of us has any real idea what's going to happen now that Trump is president.

In fact, none of us really knows Trump.  The Trump who admired Hillary before he hated her.  The Trump who was for a woman's right to choose before he was against it.  The Trump who was for the Iraq war before he turned against it.

The facts indicate that although he ran on the republican ticket, Trump is heart and soul a democrat.  Any of you republicans who think he's going to be a strong conservative are as naive as those of us who thought Hillary would win.  

And before you celebrate that he and the republicans own both houses of congress, remember this:  90% of the republicans in the house or senate are establishment republicans -- most of whom did not vote nor support Trump.  Indeed, from a political standpoint, Trump is as much a threat to them as he is to the democrats of the congress.  

Any republican stupid enough to reject a Trump proposal for legislation will be decimated.  For sure.  

George Washington started his presidency morally bankrupt -- from the start he was for the power of the wealthy to run the country -- but once he was in he dedicated himself to solving problems.  Maybe Trump will do the same.

What I hope is that Trump refuses to surround himself with losers as advisors.  We don't need incapable generals dictating how to improve the military -- their track record of lost wars that never end speaks for itself.

And we don't need a healthcare system that leaves millions of Americans without care.

Trump's a businessman.  The run for the presidency required salesmanship.  He said whatever he needed to say to win.

As a business leader, once you've sold your product your next step is to deliver and keep your customer happy.  If you fail, you lose any chance of repeat sales.  And you go bankrupt.

Fasten your seat belts.  It will be a bumpy ride.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 11/9/2016, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

34Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 11:16 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Congratulations, dumbasses. You've just elected another tyrant and ignorance has triumphed. I suspect electronic voter fraud on a massive scale. I can't believe there are that many Americans who would vote for this joke of a candidate. Welcome to the Fourth Reich and the downfall of America.

35Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 11:58 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Joanimaroni wrote:Well stated Stormy.

Other than a few typo's. Smile Thanks,Joani.

Yes, we need change and I won't blindly endorse Trump, the House or the Senate. That is something I see all too often. It is our responsibility to watch, listen and react.

We NEED CHANGE!

It is gratifying to see the media does not control all of us, yet.

What a great country we are blessed to be a part of.

For now, we have spoken.

36Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 12:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

stormwatch89 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Well stated Stormy.

Other than a few typo's.  Smile   Thanks,Joani.

Yes, we need change and I won't blindly endorse Trump, the House or the Senate.  That is something I see all too often.  It is our responsibility to watch, listen and react.

We NEED CHANGE!

It is gratifying to see the media does not control all of us, yet.

What a great country we are blessed to be a part of.

For now, we have spoken.

The media sure tried!

37Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 12:04 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

boards of FL wrote:I'm interested in hearing how he handles inquiries to his tax returns once that audit is finished.

Brilliantly. He's admitted to not paying in some instances. Boards, that's the business mind we need.

I look for every loophole and think most of us do.

None of us want our dollars spent recklessly and we all know that Gov knows no other way.

38Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 12:15 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Wordslinger wrote:Whether you're a Bernie Progressive or a Trump conservative, none of us has any real idea what's going to happen now that Trump is president.

In fact, none of us really knows Trump.  The Trump who admired Hillary before he hated her.  The Trump who was for a woman's right to choose before he was against it.  The Trump who was for the Iraq war before he turned against it.

The facts indicate that although he ran on the republican ticket, Trump is heart and soul a democrat.  Any of you republicans who think he's going to be a strong conservative are as naive as those of us who thought Hillary would win.  

And before you celebrate that he and the republicans own both houses of congress, remember this:  90% of the republicans in the house or senate are establishment republicans -- most of whom did not vote nor support Trump.  Indeed, from a political standpoint, Trump is as much a threat to them as he is to the democrats of the congress.  

Any republican stupid enough to reject a Trump proposal for legislation will be decimated.  For sure.  

George Washington started his presidency morally bankrupt -- from the start he was for the power of the wealthy to run the country -- but once he was in he dedicated himself to solving problems.  Maybe Trump will do the same.

What I hope is that Trump refuses to surround himself with losers as advisors.  We don't need incapable generals dictating how to improve the military -- their track record of lost wars that never end speaks for itself.

And we don't need a healthcare system that leaves millions of Americans without care.

Trump's a businessman.  The run for the presidency required salesmanship.  He said whatever he needed to say to win.

As a business leader, once you've sold your product your next step is to deliver and keep your customer happy.  If you fail, you lose any chance of repeat sales.  And you go bankrupt.

Actually, I like your post.

39Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 12:19 pm

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:
What I hope is that Trump refuses to surround himself with losers as advisors.  

You can hope all you like, but running his campaign as an alt-right extension of Breitbart is not a promising start, and then there's this ....

Donald Trump’s cabinet-in-waiting is taking shape in the final days of the race, as aides eye a number of Trump loyalists for major posts should he win on Tuesday.

Among the names being considered, according to conversations with three campaign advisers who requested anonymity to speak freely: Rudy Giuliani for attorney general, Newt Gingrich for secretary of state, retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin for Treasury secretary, and Republican National Committee finance chair Lew Eisenberg for commerce secretary.

The same report added that RNC Chairman Reince Priebus is being eyed as a possible White House chief of staff, with CNN’s Corey Lewandowski in the running to replace Priebus at the Republican National Committee.

Though scandal-plagued New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is ostensibly the head of Trump’s transition efforts, giving him a key role over personnel decisions, the NBC report added that the governor “has drifted from the campaign.”

Instead, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R) of Alabama has reportedly “taken a major role managing the transition effort,” with the far-right Heritage Foundation and vice presidential nominee Mike Pence playing key roles.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/early-look-what-trump-cabinet-might-look

40Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 12:39 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

stormwatch89 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I'm interested in hearing how he handles inquiries to his tax returns once that audit is finished.

Brilliantly.  He's admitted to not paying in some instances.  Boards, that's the business mind we need.

I look for every loophole and think most of us do.

None of us want our dollars spent recklessly and we all know that Gov knows no other way.

From what I've heard of his tax ideas he plans to cut taxes again for the wealthy, do away with the inheritance tax and let the middle class pay more. Sounds like more of the same on steroids.

Does he believe in trickle down? Does he really think manufacturing jobs are coming back? How is he going to keep these undereducated white folks happy? What is their reaction going to be when his promises fall flat? What direction will that take? How will that fly?

41Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 1:44 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What I hope is that Trump refuses to surround himself with losers as advisors.

Agreed. Let's hope Pence does not try to be Cheney, and let's hope he does not invite the Neocons back into the government. George W. Bush was an awful president.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

42Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 1:55 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How is the market doing?

43Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 2:03 pm

Markle

Markle

Election results prove no one cares.

44Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 2:36 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Being a business minded woman, I am hopeful.

Not thrilled like some of you when BO was elected, but realistically hopeful.

Even Hillary and Obama are hopeful that we may lesson the division between us all. That is also my hope, but don't see it happening on this forum.

45Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 2:57 pm

Sal

Sal

stormwatch89 wrote:Being a business minded woman, I am hopeful.

Trump is not a businessman ...

... he's a conman ...

... and, you're his mark.

Hopefully, you'll figure that out someday, although I doubt you'll ever have the integrity to admit it.

46Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 3:19 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

... he's a conman ...

Hopefully, you'll figure that out someday, although I doubt you'll ever have the integrity to admit it.

How nasty.....perhaps you will feel better soon.

47Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 3:37 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

... he's a conman ...

How nasty.....perhaps you will feel better soon.

You're another mark.

Perhaps you will figure that out soon.

48Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 3:44 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I'm all to eager to admit when I've been proven wrong. That's probably my biggest fault.

Yes, I'll admit it, but for now, hope that we can agree on a few, if not many issues.

We all hope for our Country but have differing views on what the best course of action is.

We, have dealt with liberalism for years now and it has NOT worked.

I loved the "flower children" of the 70's and still love their ideals, but reality is hard.

49Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 4:15 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

stormwatch89 wrote:We, have dealt with liberalism for years now and it has NOT worked.

Stock market tripled. Unemployment was cut in half. Nearly 12 million private sector jobs were added to the economy. Our annual budget deficit was slashed by $1 trillion, with a T. The Bush wars ended. Bin laden was brought to justice. Healthcare was expanded to 20 million and we reached the lowest % of uninsured Americans on record.

I don't know. I think the liberalism thing was working quite well. Particularly in contrast to the last two republican presidents.

But not everyone pays attention or learns from history, so here we go again. Let's see if republicans can do a good job this time. Cough cough.

50Very Quiet - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Quiet 11/9/2016, 4:48 pm

RealLindaL

stormwatch89 wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Whether you're a Bernie Progressive or a Trump conservative, none of us has any real idea what's going to happen now that Trump is president.

Actually, I like your post.

And I'm sure that Word is eminently grateful for your approval.

As I was about to say, well stated, Word.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum