Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Law and Justice

+4
Yella
Hospital Bob
Markle
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Law and Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Law and Justice 6/21/2012, 12:12 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

It's true. I retired 6 years ago. Went right to work full time at another job. Pay about $12,000 in taxes every year and only draw $20,00 a year for the retirement. It will take a very long time before I get back more than I have put in since I started paying federal taxes as a teenager.
boards of FL wrote:
ghandi wrote:As of right now, I have paid in more than I have received.

Highly doubtful, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

52Law and Justice - Page 3 Empty Re: Law and Justice 6/21/2012, 2:31 pm

Yella

Yella

ButtMan wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
ButtMan wrote:
salinsky wrote:It actually costs more to execute a criminal in the United States than it does to imprison them until they die.
That may be true. But it's just another sign of the idiocracy this country has become.

The following 20 countries carried out, or are believed by Amnesty International to have carried out, executions in 2011: Afghanistan (2), Bangladesh (5+), Belarus (2), China (2000+), Egypt (1+), Iran (360+), Iraq (68+), Malaysia (1+), North Korea (30+), Palestinian Authority (3), Saudi Arabia (82+), Somalia (6), South Sudan (5), Sudan (7+), Syria (1+), Taiwan (5), UAE (1), USA (43), Vietnam (1+), Yemen (41+).[3]

When it comes to executing it's citizens, America stands with some rather invidious nations. Is this really a list America wants to be on?
Actually I'm appalled by how low all those figures are. If it was up to me the United States would be showing 175,000 executions. Because that's the number of armed robberies in the U.S. every year.

I think this is one we're just going to have to agree to disagree on, slice.

That would suit me. And in a couple of years armed robbery and murder would be a dwindling problem in this country. But it will never happen. The people who make our laws would be writing themselves out of business and would have to work for a living.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum