Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice for All March today in DC

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Justice for All March today in DC Empty Justice for All March today in DC 12/13/2014, 11:09 am

nadalfan

So proud of my daughter who will be participating in this march today. She's there visiting and wanted to be a part of it; she's 17.

2seaoat

Young people must change the police practices which are slowly taking us to a police state. You should be a proud dad. Injustice and torture are not standards that our forefathers set.

nadalfan

2seaoat wrote:Young people must change the police practices which are slowly taking us to a police state.  You should be a proud dad.  Injustice and torture are not standards that our forefathers set.

Thanks, I am very proud of her (I'm a mom though, haha). I'm proud that she doesn't accept the way things are and wants to be a part of that change. All the while being a completely normal teenager with normal interests; it's so encouraging. And you're right, it is the young people that will bring about the changes

I have to admit that if the name of this march is the theme of the march... I would participate myself.

Though the leftists respond to the pavlov race bell... the problem is not racism. It is unchecked authority.

The size and scope of govt should be a concern to every citizen.

" A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:I have to admit that if the name of this march is the theme of the march... I would participate myself.

Though the leftists respond to the pavlov race bell... the problem is not racism. It is unchecked authority.

" A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."

I believe the name of the march is the end goal.
The "leftists" have been talking about the racial injustices in the justice system for a long time. Sadly, it a took a video of a man getting choked to death to wake most people up.

Sal

Sal

Looks like a pretty good turnout.

WaPo is reporting "tens of thousands".

It's being televised on CSPAN, if you're interested in watching.

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I have to admit that if the name of this march is the theme of the march... I would participate myself.

The "leftists" have been talking about the racial injustices in the justice system for a long time. Sadly, it a took a video of a man getting choked to death to wake most people up.

The police are in greatest numbers where the crime and violence are... there may be some root issues that you miss.

nadalfan

Sal wrote:Looks like a pretty good turnout.

WaPo is reporting "tens of thousands".

It's being televised on CSPAN, if you're interested in watching.

Thanks, I've been watching off and on. My daughter has sent me some pictures and videos too. She said being there is amazing. It broke her heart when she saw a little boy holding a sign that said "my life matters"

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

The "leftists" have been talking about the racial injustices in the justice system for a long time.  Sadly, it a took a video of a man getting choked to death to wake most people up.

The police are in greatest numbers where the crime and violence are... there may be some root issues that you miss.

I think there are definitely some root issues you miss. I have stopped arguing with people on here about these issues because, honestly, if at this point you cannot see that race plays a big role in this, you never will.

nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

The "leftists" have been talking about the racial injustices in the justice system for a long time.  Sadly, it a took a video of a man getting choked to death to wake most people up.

I think there are definitely some root issues you miss. I have stopped arguing with people on here about these issues because, honestly, if at this point you cannot see that race plays a big role in this, you never will.

Then brownsville should have the same police presence and resources applied as any other neighborhood... right?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
nadalfan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

I think there are definitely some root issues you miss.  I have stopped arguing with people on here about these issues because, honestly, if at this point you cannot see that race plays a big role in this, you never will.

Then brownsville should have the same  police presence and resources applied as any other neighborhood... right?

Why?

You seem to think that the only high crime areas are black neighborhoods.

That's not the case.

knothead

knothead

nadalfan, congrats on raising a daughter who is aware of social issues and is willing to participate in an effort to make a difference . . . . exactly what America needs by the hordes. Good job on your parenting skills . . . .

I wouldn't cheat or harm another person because I wouldn't like the feeling I would have... we call that empathy.

There may be cops and a culture that support the opposite... but I don't see a solution without that being taught.

Those that know me know I'm not religious... but how else is it effectively taught beyond strong parents?

I just don't think many are very practical about social controls.

nadalfan

knothead wrote:nadalfan, congrats on raising a daughter who is aware of social issues and is willing to participate in an effort to make a difference . . . . exactly what America needs by the hordes.  Good job on your parenting skills . . . .

Thank you! You really couldn't give me a bigger compliment. I wish I could take all the credit, but I think part of it is just who she is. But thanks again for your kind words. We sure are proud of her.

knothead

knothead

nadalfan wrote:
knothead wrote:nadalfan, congrats on raising a daughter who is aware of social issues and is willing to participate in an effort to make a difference . . . . exactly what America needs by the hordes.  Good job on your parenting skills . . . .

Thank you!  You really couldn't give me a bigger compliment.  I wish I could take all the credit, but I think part of it is just who she is.  But thanks again for your kind words.  We sure are proud of her.

In my experience parents who have smart, engaged and respectful children rarely take credit . . . . . a hallmark of their own values . . . you did good!

nadalfan

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/13/garner-brown-nationwide-protests/20353161/

A chanting crowd of more than 10,000 protesters marched to the U.S. Capitol on Saturday to call for an end to racial profiling by police. A few hours later, a larger protest wound through the streets of Manhattan.

Amazing number of protesters. The images I have seen are awesome; people of all colors and ages.

nadalfan

knothead wrote:
nadalfan wrote:

Thank you!  You really couldn't give me a bigger compliment.  I wish I could take all the credit, but I think part of it is just who she is.  But thanks again for your kind words.  We sure are proud of her.

In my experience parents who have smart, engaged and respectful children rarely take credit . . . . . a hallmark of their own values . . . you did good!

Thank you again knothead, you're too kind!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum