Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

See you folks in a few weeks, need a break

+7
Sal
Telstar
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
Wordslinger
dumpcare
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Lots riding on this election and it's more than people realize.  We have a group of folks who believe government is the answer for all things wrong with this nation and a group that at least used to believe that the best solutions for the people would come from the citizens and not bloated, bureaucrats who have lost touch with the common folks. When we lean toward the former mindset, we will give up our freedom piece by piece. "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take everything you have." Not my words, just a famous quote I remember.

2seaoat

the best solutions for the people would come from the citizens

The best solution is always citizens voting.

dumpcare

No this person does not think the government is the answer to everything, but I do believe that it doesn't matter who the sitting President is, it is the down ballot in this country that needs replaced. You think about it when you vote in local races for SR county. Do you want the same people in office or do you want to make a change? When voting for U.S. congressman do you want someone with the same thinking we've had in NW Florida for years or someone new?

I know Hillary isn't new and Trump is, but again I don't believe the Pres carry's the weight in this country. Nice figure head but the only power is to push the nuclear button.

Other than the president, my vote went to all new people whether democrat or republican. BTW if you really haven't checked Gaetz background and investigated I suggest you do so before voting for him. I don't mean his voting record.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

If I was a staunch Trump supporter right now, I'd need a break too! Heal quick ... and surprise us with a new name when you come back, the current one sucks.

RealLindaL

There goes Boards' poll. LOL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Take care.

RealLindaL wrote:There goes Boards' poll.    LOL

He was just being an asshole anyway... I don't see the humor unless you like bullying.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:

He was just being an asshole anyway... I don't see the humor unless you like bullying.

Not my fault you apparently have no sense of humor, for Pete's sake. As you may recall, I didn't participate in that poll anyway, though my reason wasn't good enough for you.

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Not my fault you apparently have no sense of humor, for Pete's sake.   As you may recall, I didn't participate in that poll anyway, though my reason wasn't good enough for you.  

No... it wasn't. And it wouldn't be to you with a reversal of circumstance. I don't like a bully... period.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Not my fault you apparently have no sense of humor, for Pete's sake.   As you may recall, I didn't participate in that poll anyway, though my reason wasn't good enough for you.  

No... it wasn't. And it wouldn't be to you with a reversal of circumstance. I don't like a bully... period.

Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

Now that is funny coming from a poker player. We have a player at the table who lacks even cursory knowledge of how to play the game of poker. He spends his time making outlandish bluffs, over and over again, and every week at the poker game he bluffs right up to the river and as soon as any player knowing full well this player lacks knowledge of which cards are higher than other cards......the bluffer folds........every election we see the same behavior. He makes a big drum roll, and exits for awhile. Z informs us he will be back, and lo and behold he shows up with the beer and pretzels for the next poker game still not able to recognize cards and Boards starts a poll to predict when our bluffer will fold......you call that being a bully......I call that observational.

Would you berate and shame that player at the table? Or would you play solid to take their chips?

If indeed he lacks knowledge as you say... then isn't someone with what you perceive as great knowledge picking on him? Why isn't that the same as a school yard bully picking on a small kids? Or a handicapped kid? Or a kid with a learning disability? Or a different race?This is just another example of leftist standards dependent upon politics. If the roles were reversed y'all would be sticking up for the little guy.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Would you berate and shame that player at the table? Or would you play solid to take their chips?

If indeed he lacks knowledge as you say... then isn't someone with what you perceive as great knowledge picking on him? Why isn't that the same as a school yard bully picking on a small kids? Or a handicapped kid? Or a kid with a learning disability? Or a different race?This is just another example of leftist standards dependent upon politics. If the roles were reversed y'all would be sticking up for the little guy.

Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:Lots riding on this election and it's more than people realize.  We have a group of folks who believe government is the answer for all things wrong with this nation and a group that at least used to believe that the best solutions for the people would come from the citizens and not bloated, bureaucrats who have lost touch with the common folks. When we lean toward the former mindset, we will give up our freedom piece by piece. "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take everything you have." Not my words, just a famous quote I remember.

Buh Bye, PeeDawg ....

See you folks in a few weeks, need a break  Angry-girl

Hahahahahahaha ....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

See you folks in a few weeks, need a break  Cdb07fe52edfc220cecf3f84017ef78e_XL

I will save you some.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Tellthetruth wrote:Lots riding on this election and it's more than people realize.  We have a group of folks who believe government is the answer for all things wrong with this nation and a group that at least used to believe that the best solutions for the people would come from the citizens and not bloated, bureaucrats who have lost touch with the common folks. When we lean toward the former mindset, we will give up our freedom piece by piece. "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take everything you have." Not my words, just a famous quote I remember.

(sniff sniff) I smell a melt down a'brewin.

Don't forget to vote, everyone! The deletion may come earlier than expected this year!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t25988-when-will-tellthetruth-delete-himself

boards of FL wrote:

(sniff sniff)  I smell a melt down a'brewin.  

Don't forget to vote, everyone!  The deletion may come earlier than expected this year!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t25988-when-will-tellthetruth-delete-himself

Run out of puppies to kick? Have you tried pulling the wings off of flies? They're more plentiful.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Don't forget to vote, everyone!  The deletion may come earlier than expected this year!

Run out of puppies to kick? Have you tried pulling the wings off of flies? They're more plentiful.

I'll save you some as well. Very Happy

2seaoat

I do not know about being a bully, but a lot of us are not very gracious winners over the last 12 years.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Run out of posts to mischaracterize?  

Trust me, Pkrdumb, it isn't my posting that is hard for people like yourself and Tellthetruth to swallow; it is reality.  Tellthetruth's delusional worldview is currently on a collision course with said reality.  Impact will occur on November 8th.  This is true whether or not I ever communicate with either of you.  If anything, he should be thanking me.  I'm at least giving him some warning of what lies ahead, regardless of whether or not he's willing to accept it.   That you guys are delusional is not my problem.

With that said, I'm headed to the concession.  Does anyone need any popcorn or anything?  Maybe some Reese's or some Mike and Ikes?  Refills on your soda?

2seaoat wrote:I do not know about being a bully

You do know. Whether you admit it or not is another thing.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I do not know about being a bully, but a lot of us are not very gracious winners over the last 12 years.

I think you know I agree with you on that last part, sea.  Being gloating winners is no way to begin the arduous task of healing -- or at least attempting to heal -- the cavernous divide in this country.  I don't know how it can or will ever be accomplished, but stomping on the losing side is certainly not the way to start.   We may be gloriously happy (and HUGELY relieved) about a Hillary win -- IF she wins -- but it doesn't have to mean we bash the losers (except Trump himself, of course, who richly deserves being severely bashed for the duration).

That said, I don't know if Boards' poll can be considered bullying but I don't see that TTT particularly needs coddling or extra sympathy in any event.   Boards is probably just sick and tired - as, frankly, am I - of seeing the forum bombarded with false, negative, outrageous and unvetted CRAP stories from the far right, from morning 'til night, day after day.   It's almost impossible to feel anything like kindness and sympathy toward the loser who's acted so irresponsibly, pounding junk journalism down our throats for months on end, and who is far from kind and sympathetic himself, from everything I've seen.

Sal

Sal

Wrong answer.

The basket of deplorables have been programmed to burn the mission down.

They need to be stomped into submission and/or relegated to the dustbin of history.

Their behavior and choices are neither forgivable nor redeemable.

Sal wrote:Wrong answer.

They need to be stomped into submission and/or relegated to the dustbin of history.

But the occupy idiots, blm thugs, or even the dnc rigging the primary are ok... we get it.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:Wrong answer.

But the occupy idiots, blm thugs, or even the dnc rigging the primary are ok... we get it.

Who's your daddy?

Hahahahaha ....

.... and, you don't even see what's coming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum