Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Directly Quotes False Russian Propaganda

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Trump is Putin's puppet ....

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the same manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign fed him false allegations at the same time they were being advanced in a Russian disinformation campaign? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

Americans should be outraged. This totalitarian regime, engaged in what are arguably war crimes in Syria to protect its government puppet, is working to upend a democracy to the benefit of an American candidate who uttered positive comments just Sunday about the Kremlin's campaign on behalf of Bashar al-Assad. Trump’s arguments were an incomprehensible explication of the complex Syrian situation, which put him right on the side of the Iranians and Syrians, who are fighting to preserve the government that is the primary conduit of weapons used against Israel.

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-sidney-blumenthal-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:Trump is Putin's puppet ....

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the same manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign fed him false allegations at the same time they were being advanced in a Russian disinformation campaign? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

Americans should be outraged. This totalitarian regime, engaged in what are arguably war crimes in Syria to protect its government puppet, is working to upend a democracy to the benefit of an American candidate who uttered positive comments just Sunday about the Kremlin's campaign on behalf of Bashar al-Assad. Trump’s arguments were an incomprehensible explication of the complex Syrian situation, which put him right on the side of the Iranians and Syrians, who are fighting to preserve the government that is the primary conduit of weapons used against Israel.

http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-sidney-blumenthal-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

Trump Directly Quotes False Russian Propaganda Trump_13

RealLindaL

You're right, Sal. Terrifying is the only word.

RealLindaL

And I don't want to honor this other story I heard today by giving it a thread of its own, but some of the less-than-mainstream media are reporting that Putin's government has called all students and their families studying abroad to return home. All kinds of rumors attached, most implying he's preparing for WWIII because of rising "tensions."

Have tried to find any mention of this on mainstream media, or any debunking effort, but nothing yet. Just a heads up, not to frighten. I, for one, am certainly not scared; I don't think Putin is THAT insane -- at least not yet -- and in any case would hope mainstream reporters are investigating, so I'll await any credible word. Anyone else heard this, other than from Glenn Beck or less-than-mainstream rags today?

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:And I don't want to honor this other story I heard today by giving it a thread of its own, but some of the less-than-mainstream media are reporting that Putin's government has called all students and their families studying abroad to return home.  All kinds of rumors attached, most implying he's preparing for WWIII because of rising "tensions."

Have tried to find any mention of this on mainstream media, or any debunking effort, but nothing yet.  Just a heads up, not to frighten.  I, for one, am certainly not scared; I don't think Putin is THAT insane -- at least not yet -- and in any case would hope mainstream reporters are investigating, so I'll await any credible word.    Anyone else heard this, other than from Glenn Beck or less-than-mainstream rags today?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/12/putin-orders-russian-officials-relatives-studying-abroad-to-return-home-reports-claim.html

Wake me up when there's anything as weak and capitulated and maybe worse...

as Obama's hot mic message to Putin.

Damn near treason if you ask me.

That's the real Obama.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:And I don't want to honor this other story I heard today by giving it a thread of its own, but some of the less-than-mainstream media are reporting that Putin's government has called all students and their families studying abroad to return home.  All kinds of rumors attached, most implying he's preparing for WWIII because of rising "tensions."

Have tried to find any mention of this on mainstream media, or any debunking effort, but nothing yet.  Just a heads up, not to frighten.  I, for one, am certainly not scared; I don't think Putin is THAT insane -- at least not yet -- and in any case would hope mainstream reporters are investigating, so I'll await any credible word.    Anyone else heard this, other than from Glenn Beck or less-than-mainstream rags today?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/10/12/putin-orders-russian-officials-relatives-studying-abroad-to-return-home-reports-claim.html

Thanks, Tel, but just having Fox mention it is hardly more believable to me than seeing it on the lower tier sites.   Gotta love Snopes, tho, who has now calmly debunked the right wing scare tactics surrounding the story:

While it is true that tensions between Russia, the United States, and other Western countries are high, we found no sound evidence that Putin was "ordering" officials and their families to return as part of preparation for "World War III." These seem to be fear-mongering claims conflating various and possibly unrelated Russian domestic affairs with international tensions.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/12/putin-urging-russian-officials-to-return/

Sorry, Sal. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. __LL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum