Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ LTE on Marco Rubio, Sunday 10/2/16

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Rubio’s fools

Who are the gluttons for punishment in Florida? Answer: the Republicans who voted for Rubio! The people who put their trust in him by making him their senator have once again proven to be fools by making him their candidate for the re-election.

When asked why he wasn’t running for re-election Rubio stated the Senate was boring. For four-plus months he missed every vote in the Senate. However, he did not miss one paycheck. It was easier for him to get his check than it is for recipients of welfare to get theirs. Neither earned the money. I personally believe if you don’t do what you hire on to do, you shouldn’t be paid.

— Floyd Pollaski, USN ret. NPA, Cantonment

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Floyd spent his career on the government teat, and he wants to throw bricks at Rubio.......now that was funny.

RealLindaL

I don't care who's throwing the bricks, they are eminently well-deserved.

As for service people being on the 'government teat,' we can thank our lucky stars there are brave people in the nation willing to protect the rest of us.

2seaoat

As for service people being on the 'government teat,' we can thank our lucky stars there are brave people in the nation willing to protect the rest of us.

I know those children in hospitals that we bomb are a real threat to the American way of life. Ike warned us. Nobody has the courage to tell the truth. We are the biggest threat to the world. It will take brave Americans to say enough to our militarized society and huge drain on our budget. We need to have a military which defends, and not exporting war against goat herders while North Korea actually is a threat. If we cannot get a 10 to 1 advantage which guarantees perpetual demand for military products and huge MIC profits we turn our heads.......it is time to drastically drop our military budget, and get Americans working in the private sector and off the government teat.....this is not rocket science......we are collapsing onto ourselves with the weight of military spending and taking people out of the economy and turning them into teat suckers........time for reality.

RealLindaL

Time for an honest look at yourself, perhaps.

2seaoat

Time for an honest look at yourself, perhaps.

Yes......I supported the invasion of Iraq.......I was wrong and hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings died in my hubris. I have supported the criminal justice system as I watched innocents beaten and killed by a system which is to its core broken, and in my hubris I turned my head for years. Now when I have recognized the smell of my own hypocrisy, I can certainly recognize folks from bubble land who support military air shows, unconstitutional police stops, and a huge military budget......yes an honest look at oneself helps to make mid course corrections as I was part of the problem, I now want to be part of the solution.

RealLindaL

Sticking a finger down my throat. Your self-righteous disrespect toward anyone and everyone who serves in the military is absolutely abhorrent. Let's hope you and/or your children and grandchildren never, ever need them to protect you.

But guess what? They're protecting all of you even now. Yes, they are, you shameless ingrate.

2seaoat

So typical of bubble land to think that criticism of militarism is criticism of those who serve. Never been my thing on this forum or the PNJ to question the sacrifices of individual service people, but I certainly have been critical of a political system which generates cruel wars to guarantee full employment, profits for MIC, and support politics of hate. You know when people think it is ok to stop American citizens in their own neighborhoods and when they speak up for themselves have them fired, or are cheerleaders for military displays which cost over a hundred million while as a nation we cut food stamps for American children. Nope, I once lived in bubbleland so I recognize the arrogance and selfish behavior........If somebody could explain to me why we fought in Viet Nam, the second Iraq War, and Afghanastan, I might be able to agree that the deaths and sacrifices defended America, but history and common sense tells any sensible person that these were mistakes and the 17 trillion debt which will burden generations of American children can all be defended by fools who wrap themselves in the American flag and argue more militarism is good for America and anybody who thinks otherwise hates America......please send a letter.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Never been my thing on this forum or the PNJ to question the sacrifices of individual service people

SHAMELESS LIE.  Case in point immediately above:

"Floyd spent his career on the government teat, and he wants to throw bricks at Rubio.......now that was funny."

If that isn't "questioning the sacrifices of an individual service person," not to mention insulting as hell, I sure don't know what is.

RealLindaL

BUMPING, waiting for Seaoat to dig himself a deeper hole and double down on this one.

RealLindaL

That's what I thought.

2seaoat

SHAMELESS LIE. Case in point immediately above:

"Floyd spent his career on the government teat, and he wants to throw bricks at Rubio.......now that was funny."

Who is Floyd? Sorry, when our military became a mercenary force, and the citizen soldier was replaced by a paycheck and career choices rather than face the political reality of war with a draft, the criticism of the economic choice to buy tanks or CNC machines which grow the economy and grow our GDP is very real and relevant. The biggest indicator of any nation being able to defend themselves is GDP, and a person who works in the military takes resources away from our GDP, and actually makes our nation more vulnerable. The simpletons in Bubbleland argue that to criticize the mercenary military, and the huge drain on GDP with military spending is a direct attack on folks who have actually fought in combat for this nation(1%) of the military. Nobody wants to pull the support for those who have served, but the question for simpletons is how to reduce those who serve. This reduction is not an attack on those who have served, rather honest policy choices which must be discussed......but of course you could write a letter.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:SHAMELESS LIE.  Case in point immediately above:

Who is Floyd?    Sorry, when our military became a mercenary force, and the citizen soldier was replaced by a paycheck and career choices rather than face the political reality of war with a draft, the criticism of the economic choice to buy tanks or CNC machines which grow the economy and grow our GDP is very real and relevant.   The biggest indicator of any nation being able to defend themselves is GDP, and a person who works in the military takes resources away from our GDP, and actually makes our nation more vulnerable.   The simpletons in Bubbleland argue that to criticize the mercenary military, and the huge drain on GDP with military spending is a direct attack on folks who have actually fought in combat for this nation(1%) of the military.   Nobody wants to pull the support for those who have served, but the question for simpletons is how to reduce those who serve.   This reduction is not an attack on those who have served, rather honest policy choices which must be discussed......but of course you could write a letter.

You need to be able to separate your outrage at the MIC from your judgement against the soldiers who fought. My husband, for instance, might not have gone to Vietnam (his mother was Canadian), except for the influence of his Navy Commander father (who, incidentally, didn't want his sons to go to war).

2seaoat

You need to be able to separate your outrage at the MIC from your judgement against the soldiers who fought. My husband, for instance, might not have gone to Vietnam (his mother was Canadian), except for the influence of his Navy Commander father (who, incidentally, didn't want his sons to go to war).

No....absolutely NOT. I support all veterans. I agree with Biden. It is our most sacred bond to keep our end of the bargain. However, we need to STOP the mercenary army which has become a jobs program which then provides the political impetus for the MIC to use the very issues which Linda so inarticulately tries to advance. This idea that attacking MIC is attacking our veterans. I support veterans, but just think we need to eliminate almost 25% of our current personnel and probably 40% reductions over 20 years our defense budgets. If we are going to kill innocents, then reinstate the draft and let everybody have some skin in war. When you create a mercenary army you are a cheerleader for MIC.......when my son or daughter gets drafted to kill innocent civilians in Syria, my voting would reflect the horror of war, not where my family or region will get their next paycheck.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:SHAMELESS LIE.  Case in point immediately above:

Who is Floyd?  

Nice try, jerk. As you know perfectly well, Floyd is the Navy retiree who signed the letter to the editor that was the initial subject of this thread -- the man whose service you so freely insulted even though you say you never do so. You think you're the master of smoke and mirrors but it doesn't work -- your true character shows through, and it isn't pretty.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:You need to be able to separate your outrage at the MIC from your judgement against the soldiers who fought. My husband, for instance, might not have gone to Vietnam (his mother was Canadian), except for the influence of his Navy Commander father (who, incidentally, didn't want his sons to go to war).

No....absolutely NOT.   I support all veterans.

HA.   He supports all veterans by denigrating them as sucking at the teat of the federal government.  With supporters like that, what service member needs enemies???

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:However, we need to STOP the mercenary army which has become a jobs program which then provides the political impetus for the MIC to use the very issues which Linda so inarticulately tries to advance.

Oh boy, this is rich.  One of the most inarticulate, excessively verbose writers on this board accuses me of being inarticulate.  HA!  Sir, I will match my ability to express myself against yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and I have to believe the other forum members would agree.

Further, "Linda" is not "trying to advance" anything except due respect for those who serve our country, taking you to task for the "teat-sucking"-type insults you throw at them under the guise of simply advancing your own policy positions, while you blithely deny any insult.   What a piece of work.

2seaoat

The private sector grows the American economy and with that growth expands the ability of this nation to defend itself. Government employees feeding at the government teat take from GDP and slow growth and cause this nation to be more vulnerable. The militarism of America profits MIC. My historic criticism of the military stands historically correct. It has been almost fifty years since this nation has engaged in a war which defended American critical interests as defined by Keenan. Ike warned us that the tail of MIC would wag America, and yet inarticulate apologists for a continued growth of militarism in America equate criticism of the draining of needed resources from our economy to support the teat suckers is an attack against those who served......sorry, that logic is very similar to the celebration of war machines which are killing thousands of innocent civilians while spending over a hundred million for the bread and circus of a militarized society.....no the insanity has to stop, and your worship of the military and everything connected to the MIC profit machine is the problem in America and the World as America with its militarism and adventurism is the biggest threat to a peaceful world....not the savior our propaganda machine for the MIC tries to sell everyday.

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

James Madison

RealLindaL

MORE AND MORE VERBOSE SMOKE AND MIRRORS CRAPOLA THAT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU CONTINUALLY INSULT SERVICE PEOPLE AND VETERANS WITH YOUR 'SUCKING AT THE TEAT' CHIT, AND LIKE A VERY SMALL MAN -- LIKE A DONALD TRUMP OR A MARKLE -- REFUSE TO ADMIT IT OR APOLOGIZE FOR IT. YOU MAKE NO POINTS HERE WHATSOEVER  BUT LIKELY ONLY LOSE THE RESPECT OF MORE AND MORE READERS EVERY MINUTE YOU KEEP IT UP.   SO GO RIGHT AHEAD -- KEEP DIGGING YOURSELF THAT HOLE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum