Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ LTE: Questions for Sen. Marco Rubio

+2
dumpcare
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sen. Marco Rubio:

1. You oppose lifting the U.S. diplomatic and economic embargo of Cuba despite the fact that it that has not achieved its intended results of a democratic society after more than 50 years. How long would you continue this failed policy?

2. You claim that opening diplomatic relations with Cuba will do nothing to eliminate the communist government’s political repression. Didn’t the revolution throw out one of the most long-lived and violent dictatorships ever in the form of Fulgencio Batista who ruled Cuba with brutality, both in and out of office, for more than 30 years?

3. Incoming Senate Majority Leader McConnell has deferred to your opposition to Cuban diplomatic relations, referring to you as an “expert on U.S.-Cuban matters.” Since you have never visited Cuba, I assume your expertise is based on stories your parents told about being “forced off their beloved island after a thug, Fidel Castro, took power.” But records show that your parents came to the U.S. and were admitted for permanent residence more than 2 1⁄2 years before Castro’s forces overthrew Batista and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.

What is the basis of your expertise?

— Mike Harmon Pensacola  

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

From what I've read his parent's left before the overthrow.

Whoops didn't read the last sentence.

2seaoat

I used to like Rubio. I sadly think he has lost any relevance.

He's a cuban-american... his insights have value that you and that lte writer would not have.

2seaoat

He's a cuban-american... his insights have value that you and that lte writer would not have.

Thirty years of the corrupt Batista regime and forty years of the corrupt regime of Castro......not a bit of difference, except we have hurt the Cuban people with embargo. He is a Cuban American who left Cuba during Batista, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion, but continuing stupid for another fifty years is......well stupid. He is entirely irrelevant. Jeb Bush will be relevant. He will never serve beyond a senator. Never.

Cuba's major benefactors are both in dire economic shape as we speak... if anything obama has bailed out commies.

2seaoat

Cuba's major benefactors are both in dire economic shape as we speak... if anything obama has bailed out commies.

What commies? If you understand Marxist dialectic, you would understand there are no more communist regimes. Just totalitarian corrupt regimes who have oppressed their people. Communism is about as relevant as a model T ford in today's world........the scardy cats will try hard to be afraid.....but really PK.....you have to do better.

I don't give a damn what you call it... it's a fatally flawed ideology... and obama propped it up.

2seaoat

I don't give a damn what you call it... it's a fatally flawed ideology... and obama propped it up.

The checker players would agree with you. The chess players understand with trade and economic growth comes freedom and democracy for Cuba. Now if you think that Hombre helped the dying Castro brothers......sorry their fate is certain despite anything Hombre did. Cuba and America will benefit from free trade without interference from government, but in your blender of political concepts, you think government interference with free trade is good.....and Sybil was your favorite book.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Sen. Marco Rubio:

1. You oppose lifting the U.S. diplomatic and economic embargo of Cuba despite the fact that it that has not achieved its intended results of a democratic society after more than 50 years. How long would you continue this failed policy?

2. You claim that opening diplomatic relations with Cuba will do nothing to eliminate the communist government’s political repression. Didn’t the revolution throw out one of the most long-lived and violent dictatorships ever in the form of Fulgencio Batista who ruled Cuba with brutality, both in and out of office, for more than 30 years?

3. Incoming Senate Majority Leader McConnell has deferred to your opposition to Cuban diplomatic relations, referring to you as an “expert on U.S.-Cuban matters.” Since you have never visited Cuba, I assume your expertise is based on stories your parents told about being “forced off their beloved island after a thug, Fidel Castro, took power.” But records show that your parents came to the U.S. and were admitted for permanent residence more than 2 1⁄2 years before Castro’s forces overthrew Batista and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.

What is the basis of your expertise?

— Mike Harmon Pensacola  

Good post! It should also be pointed out that like the disgusting Shah Pahlavi whom the people of Iran overthrew, Batista was an American puppet, and giant bloodsucking American corporations, with his full cooperation, continued to exploit Cuban workers and resources with no regard for living or working conditions in what had become, since our overcoming the former Spanish colonialists in 1898, an American run slave state. It was America's slave-master policies that Fidel capitalized on to ignite the Cuban people against Batista and the U.S.

Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:He's a cuban-american... his insights have value that you and that lte writer would not have.

Rubio is a soul-for-sale republican politician who's values and political loyalties change on a day-by-day basis, depending on whatever this sorry political hack figures is the best position for him to take considering the role he's chosen to play.  

Pretending to be ardently opposed to any rapprochement with communist controlled Cuba, Rubio is as plastic and shallow as the real story of his parent's alleged fleeing from Fidel's Cuba -- before Fidel took over.

With Rubio and most young, ambitious politicians eying the prize (be they democrat or republican), when confronted with any new political development, the first thing these sleazy creeps ask themselves ISN'T what's the right decision for America, . . .but what's the
Right Position I should take to gain favor with the base of my party, and possibly rake in some new corporate campaign funding?

A year or two ago, Rubio was looked at as a shining light for the future of the republican party -- a possible presidential candidate.  He lost that glamor when he got cornered too many times stating positions that crossed those of the Tree Party.  

His latest statements, on behalf of the over-65 Cubans in Miami crowd, are out of sync with his own generation of Cuban Americans from the same region, nearly all of whom are strong advocates of the U.S. and Cuba opening up diplomatic and trade opportunities.

Rubio's a fraud.   Reality.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 12/25/2014, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat wrote:I don't give a damn what you call it... it's a fatally flawed ideology... and obama propped it up.

The checker players would agree with you. The chess players understand with trade and economic growth comes freedom and democracy for Cuba. Now if you think that Hombre helped the dying Castro brothers......sorry their fate is certain despite anything Hombre did. Cuba and America will benefit from free trade without interference from government, but in your blender of political concepts, you think government interference with free trade is good.....and Sybil was your favorite book.

You must've missed the arab spring... economic pressures are highly effective at overthrowing despots.

2seaoat

economic pressures are highly effective at overthrowing despots.

Agreed, but long term it entirely loses its effectiveness as economies adjust and trading partners change. In Cuba's case during the first twenty years they were subsidized by the Russians so they did very little to topple the dictatorship. Are you not the one who hangs his hat on bad ideas fail. Now you have an addendum.....well bad ideas fail, but I support them anyway.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Pkrbum: Consider -- Neither of the two Castros have been begging the U.S. to open trade. If there were genuine elections in Cuba next week, the Castro brothers would win by an overwhelming majority.

There's still all too many Cubans who remember what true poverty, no schooling and no healthcare was like under the American puppets we supported until Castro and the people of Cuba overthrew Batista.

Rather than piss and moan about us opening relations and trade, tell us what we have to gain by maintaining the same self-defeating policy we've had since 1959 -- you know, the one that we designed to put pressure on the Cuban people so they would overthrow Fidel --

Just what have we gained by punishing the Cuban people?

Your position is indefensible and you and I both know it. Especially when you aren't whining about us trading and dealing with Red China and Vietnam.

We're all ears.

I don't support trade with any country that oppresses it's citizenry... period. But you should've know that.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:I don't support trade with any country that oppresses it's citizenry... period. But you should've know that.

Does that extend to the United States whose citizenry is unquestionably oppressed by a vicious economic system designed to make everyone except the top 1% poorer and poorer? You know, that country where a minimum wage job requires one to apply for foodstamps.

Reality.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 4:54 pm

Thirty years of the corrupt Batista regime and forty years of the corrupt regime of Castro......not a bit of difference, except we have hurt the Cuban people with embargo. He is a Cuban American who left Cuba during Batista, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion, but continuing stupid for another fifty years is......well stupid. He is entirely irrelevant. Jeb Bush will be relevant. He will never serve beyond a senator. Never.
-------
If the Cuban people were really hurt, they would have gotten rid of Castro.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What is funny is watching all of these stiff-necked Republicans opposing this LOGICAL step toward normalization of relations with Cuba, only because it was Barrack Obama who initiated the move. It makes them look silly.

You may be right... if anything can subvert communism it's progressivism. But it all winds up the same.

Just a different master. Yes globalism.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:You may be right... if anything can subvert communism it's progressivism. But it all winds up the same.

Here's some Cuban fact: Their rate of literacy is above ours.

Their healthcare is all encompassing and free.

Their educational system, including university level, is free.

Tell us, if you will, what you fear about Globalization . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Who do you think will be in charge of globalization ?...Do you think it will be friendly commies handing out fruit baskets to everyone ? No it will be Global corporations voraciously devouring resources and lives as they expand control. The British model of globalization is the aim. Remember how when Britain globalized the world how wonderful it was ? Millions died and suffered under the colonial boot of the British. 

The empire covered more than 33,700,000 km2 (13,012,000 sq mi), almost a quarter of the Earth's total land area.[3][4] As a result, its political, legal, linguistic and cultural legacy is widespread. At the peak of its power, the phrase "the empire on which the sun never sets" was often used to describe the British Empire, because its expanse around the globe meant that the sun was always shining on at least one of its territories.

Yes the British Empire and it's slavery, opium dens, child labor, starvation and outright genocide of indigenous populations...and it's bragging about it....that's the worst of all..reminds me of PaceDogs bragging about going to the sand box and killing it's inhabitants.....

Doesn't this wholesale killing of these Zulus make you proud....and the singing is good....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Who do you think will be in charge of globalization ?...Do you think it will be friendly commies handing out fruit baskets to everyone ? No it will be Global corporations voraciously devouring resources and lives as they expand control. The British model of globalization is the aim. Remember how when Britain globalized the world how wonderful it was ? Millions died and suffered under the colonial boot of the British. 

The empire covered more than 33,700,000 km2 (13,012,000 sq mi), almost a quarter of the Earth's total land area.[3][4] As a result, its political, legal, linguistic and cultural legacy is widespread. At the peak of its power, the phrase "the empire on which the sun never sets" was often used to describe the British Empire, because its expanse around the globe meant that the sun was always shining on at least one of its territories.

Yes the British Empire and it's slavery, opium dens, child labor, starvation and outright genocide of indigenous populations...and it's bragging about it....that's the worst of all..reminds me of PaceDogs bragging about going to the sand box and killing it's inhabitants.....

Doesn't this wholesale killing of these Zulus make you proud....and the singing is good....

I am not ready to allow a global government subvert U.S. sovereignty. The purpose of every war and all world turmoil since the beginning of the 20th Century (yes, 1900) was to drive the world toward world government.

"...We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest..."

James P. Warburg to a subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, 2/17/1950.

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You may be right... if anything can subvert communism it's progressivism. But it all winds up the same.

Here's some Cuban fact:  Their rate of literacy is above ours.

Their healthcare is all encompassing and free.

Their educational system, including university level, is free.

Tell us, if you will, what you fear about Globalization . . .

PNJ LTE: Questions for Sen. Marco Rubio Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmFOJOG8DKSeNBv5ESBp-MOzN0KCBPko0itWcXQm5cGrTBTxo1

A high school education has been available to everyone in the US for over fifty years so any complaints about illiteracy are bogus. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him/her drink.

As for healthcare being all encompassing then why didn't you and all the other progressives just nationalize the health care industry when ya' all had the majority in Congress and the executive branch?

So now you want to make university level education available to everyone? Then I'm suing for my right to continue as long as I want to at government expense also.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum