Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Sal
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Another disqualifier.

Trump for Prison 2016!!

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

In another case, court papers say one of Trump’s golf courses in New York agreed to settle a lawsuit by making a donation to the plaintiff’s chosen charity. A $158,000 donation was made by the Trump Foundation, according to tax records.

The other expenditures involved smaller amounts. In 2013, Trump used $5,000 from the foundation to buy advertisements touting his chain of hotels in programs for three events organized by a D.C. preservation group. And in 2014, Trump spent $10,000 of the foundation’s money for a portrait of himself bought at a charity fundraiser.

Or, rather, another portrait of himself.

Several years earlier, Trump had used $20,000 from the Trump Foundation to buy a different, six foot-tall portrait.

If the Internal Revenue Service were to find that Trump violated self-dealing rules, the agency could require him to pay penalty taxes or to reimburse the foundation for all the money it spent on his behalf. Trump is also facing scrutiny from the office of the New York attorney general, which is examining whether the foundation broke state charity laws.

More broadly, these cases also provide new evidence that Trump ran his charity in a way that may have violated U.S. tax law and gone against the moral conventions of philanthropy.

“I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I’ve never encountered anything so brazen,” said Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington. After The Post described the details of these Trump Foundation gifts, Tenenbaum described them as “really shocking.”

“If he’s using other people’s money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that’s about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I’ve seen in a while,” Tenenbaum said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpfoundation-1040a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

2seaoat

Mr Trump is a sociopath. His run in with the law was inevitable. I feel very uncomfortable with State AG's during an election interfering with the election process. We have seen this political witch hunting in the house which was wrong and had nothing to do with the law, but clearly these violations of the law should be promptly addressed after the election.

Sal

Sal

For Pkr, and Markle, and PeeDawg, and Vector ...

... pay attention fellas.

This is what an actual slush fund looks like.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He hasn't even donated to his own foundation since 2008.

2seaoat

Trump will be indicted after the election, and I hope his idiot sons were involved in this corruption as well, because stealing is usually taught.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I see where he is trying to shut this "charity" down but can't do that until after the AG of New York finishes the investigation of it. I hope they uncover all his shenanigans and follow the law. I wonder what the penalties are for the types of things he's used this set up for. Really, buying self portraits? Oh brother. And what about the Self Dealing part?

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits TrumpTaxComparison_20142015_Tighter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-foundation-apparently-admits-to-violating-ban-on-self-dealing-new-filing-to-irs-shows/2016/11/22/893f6508-b0a9-11e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?utm_term=.39225c5986b3

Agreed... follow the law. Let the chips fall where they may.

See how that works?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PeeDog and Markle are okay with this....

They only go after Democrats who break the law. They let their fellow ideologues slide by..... I am sure that those two will conjure-up an excuse for Trump!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:For Pkr, and Markle, and PeeDawg, and Vector ...

Yes, this is what an actual slush fund looks like!

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits Clinton-Foundation-2013-Breakdown_zpst1wv4jbh

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits Donations%20from%20foreign%20countries._zpsouohceaw

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits Clinton-Foundation-2013-Breakdown_zpst1wv4jbh

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits Donations%20from%20foreign%20countries._zpsouohceaw

We get it Markle. Thievery only counts if its done by a democrat. Why is it that only 40% of those who voted for Trump say they trust him? How can the republican base be so gullible? No wonder you're in the real estate business!!!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:

Please post the source of your data.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here is a report from Charity Navigator, a well respected and independent group that analyzes charities to help  people decide which ones they want to donate to. This paints quite a different picture than the non referenced "data" posted by Herr Merkle.

International : Development and Relief Services
The Clinton Foundation
Strengthening the capacity of people to meet the challenges of global interdependence

Rating Profile Programs Historical Ratings IRS (Forms 990) Comments (853)
Score
(out of 100) Rating
Overall Score & Rating 94.74
 Financial 97.50
 Accountability & Transparency 93.00
This rating was published 09/01/2016 using data provided by the charity on a consolidated pro forma 990 which was verified against 990s received from the IRS.

Financial Performance Metrics
Program Expenses

(Percent of the charity’s total expenses spent on the programs
and services it delivers) 86.9%

Administrative Expenses 8.7%
Fundraising Expenses 4.2%
Fundraising Efficiency $0.03
Working Capital Ratio (years) 1.17
Program Expenses Growth 17.3%
Liabilities to Assets 15.3%

All data for Financial Performance Metrics calculations was provided by The Clinton Foundation on recent 990s filed with the IRS.
Back to Top ▲
Accountability & Transparency Performance Metrics
Information Provided on the Form 990
Independent Voting Board Members
No Material diversion of assets
Audited financials prepared by independent accountant
Does Not Provide Loan(s) to or Receive Loan(s) From related parties
Documents Board Meeting Minutes
Provided copy of Form 990 to organization's governing body in advance of filing
Conflict of Interest Policy
Whistleblower Policy
Records Retention and Destruction Policy
CEO listed with salary
Process for determining CEO compensation
Board Listed / Board Members Not Compensated
Is the following information easily accessible on the charity's website?
Donor Privacy Policy
Board Members Listed
Audited Financials
Form 990
Key staff listed
Back to Top ▲
Income Statement

(FYE 12/2014)
REVENUE
Contributions
  Contributions, Gifts & Grants $190,192,538
  Federated Campaigns $115,910
  Membership Dues $43,281
  Fundraising Events $14,828,409
  Related Organizations $6,874,010
  Government Grants $102,059,161
Total Contributions $314,113,309
  Program Service Revenue $2,897,690
Total Primary Revenue $317,010,999
  Other Revenue $2,490,569
TOTAL REVENUE $319,501,568

EXPENSES
  Program Expenses $201,397,304
  Administrative Expenses $20,619,878
  Fundraising Expenses $7,610,237
TOTAL FUNCTIONAL EXPENSES $229,627,419

Payments to Affiliates $0
Excess (or Deficit) for the year $89,874,149

Net Assets $371,958,668

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

We get it Markle.  Thievery only counts if its done by a democrat.  Why is it that only 40% of those who voted for Trump say they trust him?  How can the republican base be so gullible?  No wonder you're in the real estate business!!!

Trump Used Over a Quarter Million from His "Charity" to Settle Lawsuits AnimatedLaughterPink

That we're moving in the Right Direction has just now gone above 30% since President Donald Trump won the election. Go figure.

Direction of Country

Right Direction . . . 32.1
Wrong Track . . . . .56.4
Wrong Track . . . . +24.3

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

We get it Markle.  Thievery only counts if its done by a democrat.  Why is it that only 40% of those who voted for Trump say they trust him?  How can the republican base be so gullible?  No wonder you're in the real estate business!!!

That we're moving in the Right Direction has just now gone above 30% since President Donald Trump won the election.  Go figure.

Direction of Country

Right Direction . . . 32.1
Wrong Track . . . . .56.4
Wrong Track . . . . +24.3

What has this got to do with the Clinton Foundation?
I want to know where you got the graphic and "data" you claim to be true about how much money the Clinton Foundation actually spends on its work.

I have looked at the ratings from Charity Navigator and also Charity Watch and both give it a very high mark.

I am tired of you posting TOTAL BS and then when you are called on it try to change the subject and post that (surprised it isn't worn out you've used it so often) that stupid pink panther graphic in an attempt to sidetrack and distract from the topic.

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:What has this got to do with the Clinton Foundation?
I want to know where you got the graphic and "data" you claim to be true about how much money the Clinton Foundation actually spends on its work.

I have looked at the ratings from Charity Navigator and also Charity Watch and both give it a very high mark.

I am tired of you posting TOTAL BS and then when you are called on it try to change the subject and post that (surprised it isn't worn out you've used it so often) that stupid pink panther graphic in an attempt to sidetrack and distract from the topic.

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS.

Lame Dork poster Markle ALWAYS ignores the infidelities of his beloved Republicans, while he endlessly posts drivel blaming Democrats for every evil under the heavens. It is his modus operandi.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:What has this got to do with the Clinton Foundation?

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS.

Lame Dork poster Markle ALWAYS ignores the infidelities of his beloved Republicans, while he endlessly posts drivel blaming Democrats for every evil under the heavens. It is his modus operandi.

Hey, do you feel like calling names helps your...position?  How?

'Out-of-control family affair': Experts question Clinton Foundation's true charitable spending

By Malia Zimmerman  Published April 29, 2015  FoxNews.com

[...]

The foundation raised $144.3 million – and spent $84.7 million in 2013 – allocating $8.8 million to grants for other organizations, Davis said. The Clinton Foundation’s own IRS tax filings show the organization spent $8.5 million, or 10 percent of all 2013 expenditures, on travel, and another $4.8 million -- or 5.6 percent of all expenditures -- on office supplies, Davis said, questioning whether plane tickets, hotel accommodations, ink cartridges and staplers “directly change lives.”

Organizations that rate charities on their effectiveness in spending donations on the causes they champion say gauging the Clinton Foundation is difficult, but they have raised flags.

CharityNavigator.org added the Clinton Foundation to its “watchlist,” noting the organization officials “had previously evaluated this organization, but have since determined that this charity's atypical business model cannot be accurately captured in our current rating methodology.”

While maintaining its removal of The Clinton Foundation from its website is “neither a condemnation nor an endorsement of this charity,” the Clinton Foundation is one of only 23 charities on the watchlist.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/29/trickle-down-experts-question-clinton-foundation-true-charitable-spending.html

Charity Navigator is an interesting case.  From the time this article was posted in 2015, they had taken the Clinton Foundation off their evaluations and posted what you see above.  It was that way until a month or two before the election that they suddenly replaced it with the verbiage you see.  This in SPITE of the fact that they were, and are, under investigation by the FBI.

My guess is that Charity Navigator was threatened if they kept up the previous page.  

The Foundation is a fraud, a scam of giant proportions.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Trump will be indicted after the election, and I hope his idiot sons were involved in this corruption as well, because stealing is usually taught.

I can't recall exactly where, but I read something yesterday saying that criminal charges are not likely in this type of violation. Usually just a fine and possibly other contingencies, but not prison.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Trump will be indicted after the election, and I hope his idiot sons were involved in this corruption as well, because stealing is usually taught.

Why would Trump bother to teach his idiot sons anything? Doesn't he call his sons retards behind closed doors?

2seaoat

Mr Markle is a skilled liar. He knows fully well how the Clinton foundation is structured. He takes two statistics and attempts to project bad behavior by the Clinton Foundation. This same technique have always been used by Nazi propagandist in pre World War II Germany where they attempted to show that Jews were self dealing at the expense of Germany in the financial terms after the war. Mr. Markle fully knows that the Clinton foundation is a DIRECT foundation which is not a clearing house to collect donations and funnel the same to other foundations. So he uses the 90% self funding of foundation charitable project to attempt to associate the same with administrative costs of a foundation, where a percentage is not going to projects. The dishonesty of his cut and paste is that I clearly out lined the truth, and he still with full knowledge attempts to associate self funding charitable projects with this idea that those funds are not going to charity. Mr. Markle is plain and simple spamming this forum, and I find him repulsive as a human being who slides into a full blown fascist effortlessly.

See how that works?

When folks do not even understand the law, and propagandist attempt to create a false reality, it is obvious that the chips will fall where the cheaters want them to fall because the law has had nothing to do with the propaganda which was directed at the Clinton Foundation, and the email server. Just evil people creating a false narrative and fools who hardly can chew gum and walk follow as the cheater at the card game collects chips, and a candidate loses an election where the false innuendo and bastardization of the concept of the law were successfully achieved by slight of hand with no basis in the law.........see how that works.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Mr Markle is a skilled liar.   He knows fully well how the Clinton foundation is structured.   He takes two statistics and attempts to project bad behavior by the Clinton Foundation.   This same technique have always been used by Nazi propagandist in pre World War II Germany where they attempted to show that Jews were self dealing at the expense of Germany in the financial terms after the war.   Mr. Markle fully knows that the Clinton foundation is a DIRECT foundation which is not a clearing house to collect donations and funnel the same to other foundations.   So he uses the 90% self funding of foundation charitable project to attempt to associate the same with administrative costs of a foundation, where a percentage is not going to projects.   The dishonesty of his cut and paste is that I clearly out lined the truth, and he still with full knowledge attempts to associate self funding charitable projects with this idea that those funds are not going to charity.   Mr. Markle is plain and simple spamming this forum, and I find him repulsive as a human being who slides into a full blown fascist effortlessly.

See how that works?

When folks do not even understand the law, and propagandist attempt to create a false reality, it is obvious that the chips will fall where the cheaters want them to fall because the law has had nothing to do with the propaganda which was directed at the Clinton Foundation, and the email server.   Just evil people creating a false narrative and fools who hardly can chew gum and walk follow as the cheater at the card game collects chips, and a candidate loses an election where the false innuendo and bastardization of the concept of the law were successfully achieved by slight of hand with no basis in the law.........see how that works.

Thank you for calling him out. He is a slippery fellow.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Seaoat: Mr Markle is a skilled liar.

Othershoe: Thank you for calling him out. He is a slippery fellow.

Lame Dork poster Markle works hard at crafting propaganda, which always hides a bigger lie behind a small shade of truth....

Hillary will be indicted far before President-elect Trump. All of the investigation in the State Department will be reopened by Attorney General Sessions and all emails will see the light of day and those found in contempt will be jailed. The treasonous AG Lynch may end up in a cell beside Killary.

Sal

Sal

Tellthetruth wrote:
Hillary will be indicted far before President-elect Trump. All of the investigation in the State Department will be reopened by Attorney General Sessions and all emails will see the light of day and those found in contempt will be jailed. The treasonous AG Lynch may end up in a cell beside Killary.

This is the product of the proliferation of fake news.

Idiocy.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:

Your anointed one with the dead rat on his head is doomed. I've finally seen the light, asked Jesus to save me, and demanded that he target the Pussy Grabber with lightning before the inauguration. Jesus is bound to answer my prayers. Truly.

2seaoat wrote:Mr Markle is a skilled liar.   He knows fully well how the Clinton foundation is structured.   He takes two statistics and attempts to project bad behavior by the Clinton Foundation.   This same technique have always been used by Nazi propagandist in pre World War II Germany where they attempted to show that Jews were self dealing at the expense of Germany in the financial terms after the war.   Mr. Markle fully knows that the Clinton foundation is a DIRECT foundation which is not a clearing house to collect donations and funnel the same to other foundations.   So he uses the 90% self funding of foundation charitable project to attempt to associate the same with administrative costs of a foundation, where a percentage is not going to projects.   The dishonesty of his cut and paste is that I clearly out lined the truth, and he still with full knowledge attempts to associate self funding charitable projects with this idea that those funds are not going to charity.   Mr. Markle is plain and simple spamming this forum, and I find him repulsive as a human being who slides into a full blown fascist effortlessly.

See how that works?

When folks do not even understand the law, and propagandist attempt to create a false reality, it is obvious that the chips will fall where the cheaters want them to fall because the law has had nothing to do with the propaganda which was directed at the Clinton Foundation, and the email server.   Just evil people creating a false narrative and fools who hardly can chew gum and walk follow as the cheater at the card game collects chips, and a candidate loses an election where the false innuendo and bastardization of the concept of the law were successfully achieved by slight of hand with no basis in the law.........see how that works.

What I see if a person blinded by partisan desire... an ideologue with no sense of fair play.

Your word salads are merely inept obfuscations... only another biased fool accepts them as reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum