Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoodervile jamed withPensacola discussion Forum members........

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

You read it correct. In a effort to help the City of Pensacola and of course Mr Quint{thanks for all you have done for us} Studer, Bob and Hallmark held a fund raising walk this AM. It was fun. I enjoyed talking with Mr Bob. As we were headed back to the cars , Mr Yella Showed up and I got to meet him. A very good Morning.

[img]Stoodervile jamed withPensacola discussion  Forum members........ Nwabv4[/img]

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:You read it correct. In a effort to help the City of Pensacola and of course Mr Quint{thanks for all you have done for us} Studer, Bob and Hallmark held a fund raising walk this AM. It was fun. I enjoyed talking with Mr Bob. As we were headed back to the cars , Mr Yella Showed up and I got to meet him. A very good Morning.

[img]Stoodervile jamed withPensacola discussion  Forum members........ Nwabv4[/img]

We will gather again at Stooderville for a Geezer Symposium.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was a very enjoyable walk. We walked around stooderville and then over to palafox and south down to plaza deluna and back to the stadium.
We decided we're gonna start doing regular meetings of the early morning PDF walking club at various places and we welcome others to join us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

maybe someone out here can answer a question for us about stooderville.
if you've ever walked the bayfront side of the property you see the whole width of it has these what appear to be very large steel and rubber bumpers which would be suitable for docking a ship the size of the Queen Mary to the end of the stooderville property.
does anyone know exactly why these were put there?

Stoodervile jamed withPensacola discussion  Forum members........ Stoode11

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:maybe someone out here can answer a question for us about stooderville.
if you've ever walked the bayfront side of the property you see the whole width of it has these what appear to be very large steel and rubber bumpers which would be suitable for docking a ship the size of the Queen Mary to the end of the stooderville property.
does anyone know exactly why these were put there?

Stoodervile jamed withPensacola discussion  Forum members........ Stoode11

I believe you are on the money,Bob,looks like bumpers to me.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only thing I can think of is at the time they were designing the thing they must have had some grandiose plans about docking a cruise ship there. There are also what appear to be two places along that wall where it would connect with a gangplank.

Bob wrote:The only thing I can think of is at the time they were designing the thing they must have had some grandiose plans about docking a cruise ship there. There are also what appear to be two places along that wall where it would connect with a gangplank.

That property used to be an oil terminal and I guess they routinely parked barges there. Are those anchors new, or could they be 40 years old?

From the looks of them they may have been salvaged from the old terminal. They are in piss poor shape. Check out Bobs pics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum