Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WWE professional wrestler Rhyno wins 15th District Michigan State House Republican primary race

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

Who says WWE superstar and wrasslin' hall of famer Donald Trump doesn't have coattails?

http://www.wxyz.com/news/political/wwe-professional-wrestler-rhyno-wins-15th-district-michigan-state-house-republican-primary-race

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

WWE and former WWF wrestling star Jesse Ventura served as Mayor of Brookly Park, Minnesota from 1991-1995, and was elected governor of Minnesota in 1998, for one term.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

Yes he did but I don't thing Trump can take any serious credit for getting Ventura elected as Governor of Minnesota.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's no surprise.  After all,  Pro Wraslin is known as "the king of sports".

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:It's no surprise.  After all,  Pro Wraslin is known as "the king of sports".

Why not. One of the first sports to become popular on that new fangled invention they called television. They would show it a couple of times a week. Maybe Trump should change his name to Gorgeous Donald.

Telstar

Telstar

Here's an article about the Trump WWE wrasslin' connection. It even includes a Kayfabe interview with Ventura and Trump from 2004.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/donald-trump-and-wwe-how-the-road-to-the-white-house-began-at-wrestlemania-20160201

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Telstar you can go back several years on this message forum when I was the only one in America making the connection between wrasslin and politics.
And that includes the comedians,  the talking heads,  the pundits, the talk show hosts and anyone else.   And the only response I got from the deadheads who read this forum is that comparing wrasslin and politics made me a stupid racist cracker who isn't smart enough to worship one kind of politics and hate the other.
And the loudest to tell me that were Sal,  bds the forum moderator,  and that seaoat retard.  lol

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:Telstar you can go back several years on this message forum when I was the only one in America making the connection between wrasslin and politics.
And that includes the comedians,  the talking heads,  the pundits, the talk show hosts and anyone else.   And the only response I got from the deadheads who read this forum is that comparing wrasslin and politics made me a stupid racist cracker who isn't smart enough to worship one kind of politics and hate the other.
And the loudest to tell me that were Sal,  bds the forum moderator,  and that seaoat retard.  lol

I've noticed the same thing but haven't been posting or reading here that long. Certainly since 2008 when all three candidates did WWE Monday night Raw. So now that the republican party seems to be sinking beneath the quagmire, do you think it will be replaced by the WWE Party? Mr. McMahon's wife has lost 2 bids to the tune of millions of dollars and his daughter, son and son in law HHH are probably eager to enter the politics game.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Telstar wrote:
Bob wrote:Telstar you can go back several years on this message forum when I was the only one in America making the connection between wrasslin and politics.

I've noticed the same thing but haven't been posting or reading here that long. Certainly since 2008 when all three candidates did WWE Monday night Raw. So now that the republican party seems to be sinking beneath the quagmire, do you think it will be replaced by the WWE Party? Mr. McMahon's wife has lost 2 bids to the tune of millions of dollars and his daughter, son and son in law HHH are probably eager to enter the politics game.

It will all depend on the outcome of this election.
If Trump loses badly, the divide between wrasslin and politics will widen.
If Trump barely loses but puts in a good showing, expect a continuation of wrasslin politics.
But if Trump wins, we'll probably be saddled with wrasslin politics for at least the next decade or so. And then Vince McMahon, Mrs. Vince, and the baby Vinces will probably all don their political wrasslin trunks. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't forget,  Telstar,  that politics has not only been infused with wrasslin.
Another phenomenon is at play and I like to call that political evangelism.

Political evangelism works like religious evangelism.  And sometimes it takes the form of religious and political evangelism all rolled into one.
Sean Hannity is a good example of a political evangelist and there are dozens more like him.
Rachel Maddow is also a political evangelist and likewise there are dozens more like her.
Examples of evangelists who preach both religious and political evangelism would be Mike Huckabee and Al Sharpton.  And once again,  there are dozens more like those too.

Trump is all of this.  He's a definite wrassler who is engaged in both political and religious evangelism.  And like with most all evangelists,  both his politics and his religion are as phony as three dollar bills.  

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The wrestling that was aired in the early days of television was not the same as the "wrasslin'" of today. That said, I was once close to a former local wrestling star because our children were in the same class. He was really a total family man and a pretty quiet person, always willing to help with the kids' activities. He probably just got tired of the hype.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
The wrestling that was aired in the early days of television was not the same as the "wrasslin'" of today.  

How so? Other than the early days not having as big an audience for it, how it different?

Telstar

Telstar

Bob wrote:Don't forget,  Telstar,  that politics has not only been infused with wrasslin.
Another phenomenon is at play and I like to call that political evangelism.

Political evangelism works like religious evangelism.  And sometimes it takes the form of religious and political evangelism all rolled into one.
Sean Hannity is a good example of a political evangelist and there are dozens more like him.
Rachel Maddow is also a political evangelist and likewise there are dozens more like her.
Examples of evangelists who preach both religious and political evangelism would be Mike Huckabee and Al Sharpton.  And once again,  there are dozens more like those too.

Trump is all of this.  He's a definite wrassler who is engaged in both political and religious evangelism.  And like with most all evangelists,  both his politics and his religion are as phony as three dollar bills.  

WWE wrasslin' had that covered almost 30 years ago. 1988, an election year.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The wrestling that was aired in the early days of television was not the same as the "wrasslin'" of today.  

How so?  Other than the early days not having as big an audience for it,  how it different?

Wrestling is a sport. The WWE or whatever the names are these days are acting...agreed some of it is sport; the rest is just hype.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

How so?  Other than the early days not having as big an audience for it,  how it different?

Wrestling is a sport. The WWE or whatever the names are these days are acting...agreed some of it is sport; the rest is just hype.

Pro wrasslin' has been mostly entertainment since the TV was connected to the rabbit ears. On the very first televised Oscar awards the host Bob Hope thanked pro wrasslers' for giving up their TV time so that their fellow actors could receive awards.

Telstar

Telstar

The thing is, more and more pro wrasslin' is getting hooked up with politics. Mostly failed runs by people with WWE connections but sooner or later they will start to win. True Jessie Ventura was a pro wrassler' who went on to become Governor of Minnesota but he's had a touchy relationship with the WWE since the mid eighties when he tried to organize a union and was ratted out to McMahon by Hulk Hogan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum