Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AMAZING! 60,000 Democrats Voted in Virginia Republican Primary

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Democrats are turning out in droves to vote NO CLINTON, NO SANDERS.

AMAZING! 60,000 Democrats Voted in Virginia Republican Primary

Jim Hoft Mar 2nd, 2016 6:54 pm

Over one million votes were cast in the Republican primary in Virginia on Super Tuesday.
782,895 votes were cast in the Virginia Democrat primary.

Six percent of Republican electorate in Virgina were Democrats.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/amazing-60000-democrats-voted-in-virginia-republican-primary/

No, No, No gentlemen. Not the source, show us all where the figures are wrong.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/amazing-60000-democrats-voted-in-virginia-republican-primary/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Virginia does not provide for voters to register by party. Virginia law requires "open" primaries that are not restricted based on party registration: All persons qualified to vote... may vote at the primary. No person shall vote for the candidates of more than one party.

Republican Party of Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_of_VirginiaWikipedia

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
Virginia does not provide for voters to register by party. Virginia law requires "open" primaries that are not restricted based on party registration: All persons qualified to vote... may vote at the primary. No person shall vote for the candidates of more than one party.

I'm a native of Virginia and can tell you this is absolutely true.  Any registered voter can pick a slate to vote on from any party on the ballot.  But even if there's somehow a way to track that a certain number of Dems, for instance, voted Republican, don't get too excited.   At least one good Va. Dem friend of mine voted Republican ONLY so she could vote AGAINST Trump.   She figured her real choice, Hillary, will survive the primaries without her vote,  but she wants almost anyone but Trump on the general election ballot.

RealLindaL

BTW, WELCOME BACK FT!!! You were missed.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:BTW, WELCOME BACK FT!!!   You were missed.

flower

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Now if we can only coax BoF and Sal to return....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'm a native of Virginia and can tell you this is absolutely true.  Any registered voter can pick a slate to vote on from any party on the ballot.  But even if there's somehow a way to track that a certain number of Dems, for instance, voted Republican, don't get too excited.   At least one good Va. Dem friend of mine voted Republican ONLY so she could vote AGAINST Trump.   She figured her real choice, Hillary, will survive the primaries without her vote,  but she wants almost anyone but Trump on the general election ballot.

Are you saying that Markle's source--The Gatewaypundit.com--screwed up its information again????

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Now if we can only coax BoF and Sal to return....

I sent Boards a PM at mid-day Tuesday urging his return, but apparently he hasn't even read it, as the PM still sits in my Outbox.  Not that it would've ensured his return, but I was hoping.

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Are you saying that Markle's source--The Gatewaypundit.com--screwed up its information again????

If you're asking me, all I'm saying is that IF it's possible to track how many Dems in Virginia voted Republican -- and I don't know how that's even feasible since the voters do NOT have to declare a party when they register -- it's not a given that a switch to vote Republican is always a positive for a particular candidate, much less an endorsement of the party in general, as witnessed by the one example I gave of a Dem who did it strictly as a protest vote against Trump.

RealLindaL

Bsdies, any time now that I see numbers cited in the thousands on the Republican side, I'm immediately suspicious  because Trump is constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, talking about "thousands and thousands" of people or even specific huge numbers of people in instances where such numbers just don't pan out.  I think we've all seen this.

Markle

Markle

Virginia is an OPEN PRIMARY state. Meaning voters are registered Republican, Democrat or Independent on the voter rolls but may, at the place of voting, chose to us a Republican, Democrat or Independent ballot. Each have different candidates.

There was also extensive entrance and exit polling in the voting states.

NOW, please show us a news source that says that Democrats did not vote for Republicans in a major way.

Show us that the votes cast for Republicans were not in record numbers and that Democrats voted in record numbers. Actually they did vote in record numbers...record SMALL numbers.

2seaoat

I would definitely say Democrats crossed over and voted in the Republican primaries......there is a reason that the Republican leadership is in a tizzy....they are losing their party and those Democrats who are voting for Trump like the working class Democrats who voted for Reagan are creating a transformation in the Republican Party, and one that is not very welcome by leadership. What should have been a structural demographic advantage to the democrats in 16 has now been turned upside down by Mr. Trump thumping the Republican Party either as their candidate or a third party candidate.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Virginia is an OPEN PRIMARY state.  Meaning voters are registered Republican, Democrat or Independent on the voter rolls but may, at the place of voting, chose to us a Republican, Democrat or Independent ballot.  Each have different candidates.

Mr. Always Right Markle, you are indeed correct about the open primary situation in Virginia (i.e. being allowed to vote for whichever party's ballot one chooses, which is exactly what I described).  But, believe it or not (I know it's hard), you are DEAD WRONG when you say that voters are registered in a particular party in Virginia.   Please review the following PDF and show ME where it requires a registrant to state party affiliation:

Virginia Voter Registration Form

Further, just as you often dispute polling results, I'll say now that I certainly don't place a helluva lot of faith in polling place entrance and exit polls; it's been shown that many people simply do not tell the truth in those face-to-face situations.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:Virginia is an OPEN PRIMARY state.  Meaning voters are registered Republican, Democrat or Independent on the voter rolls but may, at the place of voting, chose to us a Republican, Democrat or Independent ballot.  Each have different candidates.

Mr. Always Right Markle, you are indeed correct about the open primary situation in Virginia (i.e. being allowed to vote for whichever party's ballot one chooses, which is exactly what I described).  But, believe it or not (I know it's hard), you are DEAD WRONG when you say that voters are registered in a particular party in Virginia.   Please review the following PDF and show ME where it requires a registrant to state party affiliation:

Virginia Voter Registration Form

Further, just as you often dispute polling results, I'll say now that I certainly don't place a helluva lot of faith in polling place entrance and exit polls; it's been shown that many people simply do not tell the truth in those face-to-face situations.

WHAM! POW! BANG!!!

dumpcare

We were discussing this very thing at work today and came to the conclusion they voted republican so Trump would be the nominee and Hillary would win.

I was going to do that on March 15th and re register as republican but forgot the deadline. My wife is registered republican and already voted for Kasich.

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:We were discussing this very thing at work today and came to the conclusion they voted republican so Trump would be the nominee and Hillary would win.

May it be true. Would like to think many of my fellow Virginians are that smart.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:We were discussing this very thing at work today and came to the conclusion they voted republican so Trump would be the nominee and Hillary would win.

May it be true. Would like to think many of my fellow Virginians are that smart.

Good try. Spontaneously, 60,000 democrats voted for Donald Trump in order to make him the nominee instead of showing their support for Hillary or Bernie.

Yeah, right.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Good try.  Spontaneously, 60,000 democrats voted for Donald Trump in order to make him the nominee instead of showing their support for Hillary or Bernie.

Yeah, right.  

One more time:  As previously indicated, your 60,000 figure is not proven nor provable, since registered voters in Virginia are not identified by party.

Nice try.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:Good try.  Spontaneously, 60,000 democrats voted for Donald Trump in order to make him the nominee instead of showing their support for Hillary or Bernie.

Yeah, right.  

One more time:  As previously indicated, your 60,000 figure is not proven nor provable, since registered voters in Virginia are not identified by party.

Nice try.

Thank you. The 60,000 figure comes from the entrance and exit polling done during the election. They extrapolated those figures to come up with the 60,000 figure.

On the other hand, why that is a concern to you and the others, I sort of understand. You want some excuse for why so few Democrats are voting and why so many more voters are voting Republican.

I have a source and logic to run that figure, you and the other have nothing upon which to hang your hat. Well, other than wishful thinking.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:I have a source and logic to run that figure, you and the other have nothing upon which to hang your hat.  Well, other than wishful thinking.

OK, well,  how about I use one of your own favorite tactics for shutting people up:

Show me hard proof that entrance/exit polling is reliable, and that whoever supposedly conducted it in this instance did not have an agenda.

Markle

Markle

I was going to do that on March 15th and re register as republican but forgot the deadline. My wife is registered republican and already voted for Kasich.

My best guess is that you would have posted this identical thread...IF...the polling showed 60,000 Republicans had voted for Democrats.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:I have a source and logic to run that figure, you and the other have nothing upon which to hang your hat.  Well, other than wishful thinking.

OK, well,  how about I use one of your own favorite tactics for shutting people up:

Show me hard proof that entrance/exit polling is reliable, and that whoever supposedly conducted it in this instance did not have an agenda.

You will see greater desperation from poster Markle as the Republican campaign for 2016 continues to implode on itself. The election is 249 days away, and I would expect the wheels to fully fall off the wagon by then, if not before.

Markle

Markle

Since a Grand Jury is listening to witnesses, I would estimate indictments in 2 to 3 months.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Since a Grand Jury is listening to witnesses, I would estimate indictments in 2 to 3 months.

Not in your wildest dreams would a democrat vote for Cruz or Rubio in a republican primary. The game is to see that Trump becomes the nominee - more important by far than choosing whether the democratic candidate is Hillary or Bernie!!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Since a Grand Jury is listening to witnesses, I would estimate indictments in 2 to 3 months.

Not in your wildest dreams would a democrat vote for Cruz or Rubio in a republican primary. The game is to see that Trump becomes the nominee - more important by far than choosing whether the democratic candidate is Hillary or Bernie!!

Democrats are sorely disappointed in what they thought was going to be glorious administration. Many, including blacks and Hispanics, thought things would be better, instead...they are much worse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum