Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illinois reduces penalties for marijuana possession

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/38305-illinois-is-the-latest-state-to-decriminalize-small-amounts-of-marijuana

(It's not decriminalization, but it's a step)

Illinois Is the Latest State to Decriminalize Small Amounts of Marijuana
By Katie Reilly, TIME
30 July 16

Pot possession is now punishable by a citation, instead of a jail time
llinois Gov. Bruce Rauner on Friday signed a law decriminalizing possession of a small amount of marijuana, making the state the 21st to do so.

Under the new law, possession of 10 grams of marijuana or less is now punishable by fines of $100 to $200, instead of jail time, the Chicago Tribune reports. Illinois law previously made possession of up to 10 grams of marijuana a class B misdemeanor that carried up to six months in jail and fines up to $1,500.

Rauner, a Republican, signed the law after using an amendatory veto on a measure last year that he said included too small a fine and allowed for the possession of too much of the drug.

In addition to Illinois, 20 states and the District of Columbia have decriminalized small amounts of marijuana, and similar legislation is pending in other states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

2seaoat

You still need to be fingerprinted to get medical pot......hell will freeze over before I get fingerprinted to get medicine.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:You still need to be fingerprinted to get medical pot......hell will freeze over before I get fingerprinted to get medicine.

I was fingerprinted when I got a real estate license for the first time. Get over it and get yourself something that can help you.

2seaoat

What and have them discover my fingerprints at the Dallas Book depository in 1963 when I was in sixth grade......yea sure, Ted's dad was my boy scout leader and he knew I had all those NRA marksman awards......well Trump tried to tell you the story......but everybody laughed at him......no way am I going to help to get trump elected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum