Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats do not seem scared, afraid, or angry

+3
Vikingwoman
Floridatexan
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I thought it was a strategy, but it is too widespread and optimistic. It really is a striking contrast between the white nationalist party, who was scared to death about bee stings, afraid of the boogey man....you know black lives matter and a mexican, and finally the realization that their hollow empty lives of white privilege are slipping through their fingers and they are piszed. Cleveland was dark, and Philly is bright and hopeful. It is amazing. The difference is tangible.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Don't get me wrong, I am all of the above. I can't believe the lies that are flying through the internet. I can't believe what members of my family and some of my old friends believe. Here's only one of the latest lies that permeate the right-wing bubble sphere:

There were no US flags flying at the DNC.

Absolute horse manure, but it's picked up, just like many other lies, and passed around through these right-wing websites. They parrot each other and the net effect is that anyone who reads this crap believes it because it's on so many sites, although it has no basis in fact and usually only alludes to scandal...doesn't really prove anything...not even the headline, but the innuendo is thick.

Vikingwoman

I didn't hear them trash Trump like they trashed Hillary at their convention. Maybe I missed it?

Sal

Sal

I ... am ... NOT ... afraid.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I thought it was a strategy, but it is too widespread and optimistic. It really is a striking contrast between the white nationalist party, who was scared to death about bee stings, afraid of the boogey man....you know black lives matter and a mexican, and finally the realization that their hollow empty lives of white privilege are slipping through their fingers and they are piszed. Cleveland was dark, and Philly is bright and hopeful. It is amazing. The difference is tangible.

You can almost smell the difference. Like smelling roses in one city and manure in the other.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:You can almost smell the difference. Like smelling roses in one city and manure in the other.

Well put.  That's it in a nutshell.

Can't wait for the polls after THIS convention.  

Just wish I didn't have this deep-seated, low level background fear that something very bad is going to happen.  Hate to be a worry wart but there you are -- I confess.  May I please, please be wrong!!  

The fear obviously arises from the continuing daily exposure to the evil that is the Trump camp. Trying not to get dragged down into darkness is a full time job these days.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:You can almost smell the difference. Like smelling roses in one city and manure in the other.

Well put.  That's it in a nutshell.

Can't wait for the polls after THIS convention.  

Just wish I didn't have this deep-seated, low level background fear that something very bad is going to happen.  Hate to be a worry wart but there you are -- I confess.  May I please, please be wrong!!  

The fear obviously arises from the continuing daily exposure to the evil that is the Trump camp. Trying not to get dragged down into darkness is a full time job these days.

To be honest I've had those kind of fears every day since 911. As far as the election is concerned I was relieved when Trump chose Pence as his running mate.Now I feel confident that the streak will continue.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:To be honest I've had those kind of fears every day since 911. As far as the election is concerned I was relieved when Trump chose Pence as his running mate.Now I feel confident that the streak will continue.

What "streak"?  Confused here (my usual state).

As for fears since 9/11, I understand what you mean, and I think we all share the misgivings to some extent, but in this case (though I wasn't clear) I was specifically referring to this presidential race, as far as something really bad happening, and I don't mean with regard to votes.   Again, just dearly hope I'm wrong.

2seaoat

There was such a positive uplifting feeling in Philly. I have never been more proud of being an American. A diverse audience and leaders who find our strengths and our aspirations. The choice is clear. Evil will be defeated. Yes, nothing can save the old confederacy, but America......it grew by leaps and bounds this evening.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: It really is a striking contrast between the white nationalist party, who was scared to death about bee stings

Yesterday it was you who was scared to death about getting hornet stings.
Now it's the white nationalist party too.
Methinks you all must be prejudiced against insects.

2seaoat

Methinks you all must be prejudiced against insects.

An Escambia County school product thinks Swift was talking about eating Irish babies.......yep.......some bridges are simply too far.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Methinks you all must be prejudiced against insects.

An Escambia County school product thinks Swift was talking about eating Irish babies.......yep.......some bridges are simply too far.

2seaoat,  if they taught you in the Yankee County School that Jonathan Swift was talking about insects and not Irish babies,  then I now completely understand what happened to your thinking processes.  
Son,  what you need is a good dose of elevator music to counteract all that shit they shoved into your brain in Metropolis IL High School.  It might have taught Superboy something when he attended,  but apparently not the rest of you yankees. lol

2seaoat

Please reference the IQ map.........those states who are voting for Trump never heard of Swift, and folks in Escambia County who have Miami bringing up the IQ scores of Florida to 90 think that eating babies requires a boycott of all Pensacola restaurants which serve fish and chips......Your buddy filled the arena for Donald Trump and stupid is not in question.....it is a fact.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:The residents of Escambia County who have Miami bringing up the IQ scores of Florida to 90 think that eating babies requires a boycott of all Pensacola restaurants

I'm a resident of Escambia County. I am not going to boycott any Pensacola restaurant because I think people are eating babies.
What in the fuck are you even talking about? Your posts get more surreal every time. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute,  are you talking about the House of Chong?  Because if so they didn't serve up any babies that I've ever heard about.  They got caught cleaning the chicken out back in the hot sun.  
BUT,  they came from China,  not Escambia County.  So it's the Chinese schools you have a beef with. lol

2seaoat

You slept through English and literature classes in high school......or maybe your instructor did.........fish and Chips, and you give me a Chinese Restaurant in response to J. Swift......I guess we need to see if your geography teacher was also sleeping. However, cleaning chickens in the backyard.....I completely get that......you have driven through Pace.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You slept through English and literature classes in high school......or maybe your instructor did.........fish and Chips, and you give me a Chinese Restaurant in response to J. Swift......I guess we need to see if your geography teacher was also sleeping.  However, cleaning chickens in the backyard.....I completely get that......you have driven through Pace.

Jonathan Swift, Chinese restaurants, and Pace. And if that's not inane enough, you keep throwing fish and chips into these rants.
So tell me, why are you talking about fish and chips? What in blazes does that have to do with anything? Do you hate the English like you do Southerners? Because if not, you need to be talking about grits, not fish and chips. You should know that the elevator boyz ate grits. lol

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Your posts get more surreal every time.  lol.  

Agree with this completely except without the lol. I think someone is sneaking more pain meds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum