Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ike was a great President

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 4:02 pm

Ike was a great President - Page 2 Th?id=I.4794571481678706&pid=1

I think a body count of 100,000 prisoners would be very realistic considering the conditions of Germany at that time.

We're still revising data ^^^ upward ^^^ on exactly how many died in Russia and China during their 'cleansings' over the last century.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB6fCuxGvAw

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/27/2012, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

27Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 4:12 pm

2seaoat

Better sources, but this is the author:

http://www.mickeyz.net./

It is undeniable to point out that Americans abused POWs in both theaters of war. However, it is one thing to talk about individual acts of brutality and a policy which killed 100k German POWs. Sorry, it is well documented that not only German soldiers but even those who were in concentration camps died immediately after the war had ended. People who had been German prisoners were still behind barb wire in less than perfect policy which did not release those folks and other displaced peoples. So to argue after conflagaration that people died....yep, but 100k intentionally starved by Ike....complete distortion T....people died....people were kept in terrible conditions....but again intent and duration......sure there were people who killed POWs in cold blood, but to put these disparate facts together and weave a tapestry of US policy of cold blooded murder....never happened.

28Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 4:23 pm

Ike was a great President - Page 2 Th?id=I.4815354849527009&pid=1

The ranking commander is ultimately responsible for the conduct and actions of those serving under his/her command.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LByiVlc6czA

Smile

29Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 4:49 pm

2seaoat wrote:T, your source is bogus. Yes, there were deaths in American prison camps, and my link shows you that there were also cold blooded murder. My uncle Manfred served in the German army and was a prisoner at the end of the war. My uncle Art served in the American army. My daughter 10 years ago had my Grandmother's letters translated which were sent to my uncle, and my father. She had pure hatred for America because of the bombing of hospitals in Stutgard and the bombing of civilian housing. It was a huge divide in the family as my Uncle Art never reconciled with his brother, and he never saw his mother again as she died of breast cancer in the early 50s. Her letters were powerful and Retired Leo who also was one generation German would share his family views of the war......and yes America was brutal, but my Uncle's treatment was always good under his imprisonment by the Americans, and again, I think there are examples of mistreatment, but this is another huge conspiracy paradigm which is out of proportion to reality.

It was an eye opener to read my grandmothers words. She just kept repeating how could a civilized nation bomb hospitals. I never met my grandmother who died when I was two. I do know that the war created a huge family divide, and my Grandmother begged to see my Uncle Art's children who were older than me, and my uncle just would not have any contact with my Grandmother, and would not even send pictures of the Children and she died a painful death from Breast cancer living with my Uncle Manfred who owned a successful automotive painting company in Stutgard. My father did meet with her in Paris after the war, but his brother would have nothing to do with Manfred, or his mother.

So when I see this fraudulent blogs which extrapolate nonsense from real abuses, it makes me angry. It was a powerful revelation my daughter discovered in those letters, and I had always thought of World War II as a noble American cause.....but from the eyes of those civilians who saw the carnage of friends and family being killed in hospitals.....it is a somber discovery, but to have false nonsense passed as truth........sorry, My Uncle Manfred's experience was closer to the reality, but that is not to deny that cold blooded murder did happen.....it always does, but not on the scale your link suggests.

But what about all the civilians the Krauts killed during the Battle of Great Britain? Did your German relations weep for them? The German people brought it on themselves by putting psychopaths in power. The lessons of how WWII was fought should be taught in military war colleges with an emphasis on breaking the will of the people as we did the Germans and Japanese. Unfortunately, we no longer fight wars in that manner. Maybe that is why we have not had any decisive victories since then? People WILL submit when they have a reason to stop fighting.

Last edited by PACEDOG#1 on 9/26/2012, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

30Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 4:51 pm

Anyhow, Seaoat, you are stuck in a time era of nearly 60 years prior. That is a lot of your problem. You cannot and will not relate to the present day.

31Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 8:51 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I'm half German on my dad's side, but I think most of my family left Germany either before or immediately after WWI. I can not imagine any of my family members participating in what you describe. However, I have heard first-hand accounts from one of my elderly German neighbors of the hatred directed toward her family here in Pensacola after WWII. I remember no such hatred growing up in South Texas, surrounded by extended family, all of whom were hardworking, friendly and extremely courteous.

Yes, Ike was a great President, Seaoat, but the 1950's were far from idyllic, especially for women and blacks.

I have no doubt that there were some incidences of payback from American GI's to German POW's, but Ike was too moral of a man to have done the things described in your article. I just don't believe it.

i can imagine you determining people you disagree with as being enemies of the State... taking away their right to arms and free speech. hell... the germans didn't instantly decide that hitler had it right... they were slowly indoctrinated to accept it. you wouldn't even be a challenge.

And you're a classic example of how it happened. I'm not easy to indoctrinate because I have a basic moral code and I'm not easily fooled by hype. You don't know me, so don't presume to know what I'm about.

32Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 9:02 pm

knothead

knothead

Slicef18 wrote:Ike was indeed a very good President and a visionary who saw Americas need for a better highway system than the 2 lane system that comprised the bulk of our highways. Ike was always the gentleman whether in the company of modest or wealthy people. Fishing was one of his passions and he would often visit his friend Howard Young in the north woods and lakes of Minocqua, Wisconsin. Howard Young's estate was a vista, high on the banks of the Tomahawk River. As Ike health started to deteriorate, his friend Howard Young had a motorized chair installed from the hill top down to the boat house so Ike could still go fishing. Lastly, during those simple and prosperous years in America, the top income rate for America's wealthy was in the 90's percent.

slice, don't get upset but I gotta ask, has anyone ever told you your pic looks like Dick Cheney on a hunting trip? I'm for real . . .

33Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/26/2012, 11:36 pm

2seaoat

slice, don't get upset but I gotta ask, has anyone ever told you your pic looks like Dick Cheney on a hunting trip? I'm for real . . .

Slice had a dear john letter from his lawyer.

34Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/27/2012, 7:47 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

knothead wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:Ike was indeed a very good President and a visionary who saw Americas need for a better highway system than the 2 lane system that comprised the bulk of our highways. Ike was always the gentleman whether in the company of modest or wealthy people. Fishing was one of his passions and he would often visit his friend Howard Young in the north woods and lakes of Minocqua, Wisconsin. Howard Young's estate was a vista, high on the banks of the Tomahawk River. As Ike health started to deteriorate, his friend Howard Young had a motorized chair installed from the hill top down to the boat house so Ike could still go fishing. Lastly, during those simple and prosperous years in America, the top income rate for America's wealthy was in the 90's percent.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have heard for many years that I look like Spenser Tracy. Had one lady tell me I was in fact Spenser Tracy. I told her my name is Richard and he was my 18 year older brother and we call him Spence at home. I told her mom always said we looked alike. I said Spence went into acting and I went into law-enforcement. (You know Richard Tracy aka Dick Tracy) She didn't get it.

35Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/27/2012, 8:03 am

knothead

knothead

Slicef18 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have heard for many years that I look like Spenser Tracy. Had one lady tell me I was in fact Spenser Tracy. I told her my name is Richard and he was my 18 year older brother and we call him Spence at home. I told her mom always said we looked alike. I said Spence went into acting and I went into law-enforcement. (You know Richard Tracy aka Dick Tracy) She didn't get it.

Thanks slice, cute story about Spencer Tracy but I assume no one else thinks your appearance looks so much like Darth Vader?

36Ike was a great President - Page 2 Empty Re: Ike was a great President 9/27/2012, 9:07 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

knothead wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thanks slice, cute story about Spencer Tracy but I assume no one else thinks your appearance looks so much like Darth Vader?

When you say DARTH VADER do you mean in full costume or as Anakin Skywalker after several reconstructive surgeries leaving him with what looked like bolts in his head?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum