Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings

+5
RealLindaL
Wordslinger
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
Markle
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Hate filled Progressives are sure going to bury this somewhere and pretend it doesn't exist.

'The most surprising result of my career': A Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings

A new study yielded some unexpected results about racial bias in police shootings.

While black people are more likely than white people to be touched, handcuffed, thrown against a wall, pushed to the ground, and have weapons pointed at them by the police, the study found no evidence of racial bias in situations where police fire their guns at civilians.

"It is the most surprising result of my career," Roland G. Freyer Jr., the Harvard economist who authored the study, told The New York Times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-finds-no-racial-bias-in-police-shootings-2016-7

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obviously Harvard professors are racist.

Markle,
Have you seen the video? A man is on the ground, arms behind him, and the police draw their weapon and shoot him. Kill him! You find articles to back your insensitivity to human life based on your on inability to look at a world without taking sides.

You can call out all the "progressives" you like and you can find all your "evidence" to support your tainted views.

As an eight year old child told her grandmother a few days ago after the Baton Rouge and then Dallas shootings, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Stop trying to build a platform for your ridiculously slanted and biased opinions.
Whether you were invited back to this forum and welcomed or not - your inability to see a big picture is the mark of an immature thought process.

And since when do you listen to Harvard folk? If Boards put up an article on the economy from Harvard you'd be the first to denounce it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Read the original report by the New York Times. It's nuanced.
It appears blacks are treated rougher by the cops, but the study reveals that blacks are not more likely to get killed by cops.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=1

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

SheWrites wrote:Stop trying to build a platform for your ridiculously slanted and biased opinions. Whether you were invited back to this forum and welcomed or not - your inability to see a big picture is the mark of an immature thought process.

Well said, SheWrites. "Sophomoric" defines poster Markle's attempts to convince other people about how "right" he is. He is wrong 97% of the time!!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Let me make a guess here ... I'll bet the Harvard expert is white, right? And maybe from Pensacola or Birmingham, or Charleston ...

When I see a police car moving up behind me I worry if I'm going to get a traffic ticket.

My black friends worry if they're going to walk away from the situation.

Fuck racist Harvard professors!

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:[b]My black friends worry if they're going to walk away from the situation./b]

Oops, better watch out, Word! Telling us you have "black friends" is liable to earn you the racist title yourself from the likes of Sal!

gatorfan

Wordslinger wrote:Let me make a guess here ... I'll bet the Harvard expert is white, right?  And maybe from Pensacola or Birmingham, or Charleston ...  

When I see a police car moving up behind me I worry if I'm going to get a traffic ticket.

Tell him that Mr Assumption.....

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcG5pCvBmNw4kspTC0bAy-UazCKq3-FrOKEAiyBjq-FRcJRreg

2seaoat

I get a kick how loved Ali is today, like America had amnesia. I lived in those times when he was hated, and once he was sick, he was no longer a threat. I guess I call bull chit when somebody just pulls out shootings, and does not talk about racial stops by police......tell me Harvard about no evidence of bias. Too funny. Like everybody lives in the bubble......sorry for those of us who do not.....no apologies for creating imbalance in your bubble......but there is always an answer.......attack the messenger.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:but there is always an answer.......attack the messenger.

Wowee, what a martyr! Aren't we fortunate to have him among us!!

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:I get a kick how loved Ali is today, like America had amnesia.  I lived in those times when he was hated, and once he was sick, he was no longer a threat.  I guess I call bull chit when somebody just pulls out shootings, and does not talk about racial stops by police......tell me Harvard about no evidence of bias.  Too funny.  Like everybody lives in the bubble......sorry for those of us who do not.....no apologies for creating imbalance in your bubble......but there is always an answer.......attack the messenger.

What does Ali have to do with this? Did you even read the article because from your babbling it sure doesn't seem like it.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Stop trying to build a platform for your ridiculously slanted and biased opinions. Whether you were invited back to this forum and welcomed or not - your inability to see a big picture is the mark of an immature thought process.

Well said, SheWrites. "Sophomoric" defines poster Markle's attempts to convince other people about how "right" he is. He is wrong 97% of the time!!!

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings OpinionVsFact_zpscqqcd3ni

2seaoat

You posted the photo of the author of the bull chit study like his race will somehow give the stamp of approval on how right his conclusions are.......kind of like that feel good place where America honors Ali today after trashing the man when he made America uncomfortable......like we are suppose to feel comfortable about the race of the author to justify his bull chit study which totally ignores the racial stops......sorry such grinding dog whistle consistency......like the the Milwaukee cop who comes on Fox to tell America as a black man how wrong protestors are.......gawd you need a spatula to scrap the crap off.

2seaoat

Wowee, what a martyr! Aren't we fortunate to have him among us!!

Actually, you are. You might have lived a lifetime not realizing how wrong writing that letter was, and nobody would tell you because it just is not polite in the bubble to discuss racial implications within the bubble. A simple thank you would suffice.

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:You posted the photo of the author of the bull chit study like his race will somehow give the stamp of approval on how right his conclusions are.......kind of like that feel good place where America honors Ali today after trashing the man when he made America uncomfortable......like we are suppose to feel comfortable about the race of the author to justify his bull chit study which totally ignores the racial stops......sorry such grinding dog whistle consistency......like the the Milwaukee cop who comes on Fox to tell America as a black man how wrong protestors are.......gawd you need a spatula to scrap the crap off.

You must have gotten drunk early today. No you bigoted Dimwit, I posted the photo because W/S made the assumption the guy was white. Like most of YOUR assumptions, it was wrong.....

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Let me make a guess here ... I'll bet the Harvard expert is white, right?  And maybe from Pensacola or Birmingham, or Charleston ...  

What fun, I knew one of my Progressives would open mouth and insert foot, showing THEIR RACISM by ASSUMING the author of this study is black.

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings Roland20G.20Freyer20Jr.20the20Harvard20economist_zps1xypp3c7

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings Roland%20G.%20Freyer%20surprising%20study%20shootings_zps6tekpr2k

2seaoat

Too funny.......the Fox Formula......have some black folks reinforcing those living in the bubble.....as if the race of the guest on Fox legitimizes systemic racism and xenophobic fear on the network.......I guess if WS dropped his IQ by fifty.....the logic might make sense to him......but really.........I think of OJ running for his Hertz rental car......what a nice negro.   oooops

Gawd... what a steaming pile of dogma you must digest.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:

Tell him that Mr Assumption.....

Harvard economist found no evidence of racial bias in police shootings Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcG5pCvBmNw4kspTC0bAy-UazCKq3-FrOKEAiyBjq-FRcJRreg

Oops, I see I was wrong. Can you spell Oreo?

Absolutely disgusting and racist that you would disparage and demean a person simply because you disagree w him.

I'll wait for the liberal condemnation and howls of RACIST for slinger using the term oreo . Tick tick tick tick.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Absolutely disgusting and racist that you would disparage and demean a person simply because you disagree w him.

I'll wait for the liberal condemnation and howls of RACIST for slinger using the term oreo . Tick tick tick tick.

Me too.

Sal

Sal

I find that terminology repulsive and hurtful.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Black Harvard professors are known to be racist.

Salinsky wrote:I find that terminology repulsive and hurtful.

Repulsive and hurtful? Lol... quite the condemnation. Imagine if a conservative referred to obama as an oreo.

Would that be your reaction?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:I find that terminology repulsive and hurtful.

Repulsive and hurtful? Lol... quite the condemnation. Imagine if a conservative referred to obama as an oreo.

Would that be your reaction?

Repulsive and hurtful is not a condemnation?

You really do have a problem with terminologies, Poindexter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum