Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR SAL since he missed it----Mass shootings and psychotropic drugs- commonality in shootings over last 20 years

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://worldtruth.tv/nearly-every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-one-thing-in-common-and-it-isnt-weapons/

Sal

Sal

I didn't miss it.

I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of nutjobs.

I guess you support this sort of thing? ....

Today, California State Assemblymembers Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) and Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) announced legislation to help prevent mass killings like this weekend’s tragic Isla Vista rampage near UC Santa Barbara that claimed the lives of six students.

The proposed legislation would create a gun violence restraining order, establishing a system where concerned family members, intimate partners or friends can notify law enforcement of someone who is demonstrating a propensity to commit violence toward themselves or others.

“When someone is in crisis, the people closest to them are often the first to spot the warning signs but almost nothing can now be done to get back their guns or prevent them from buying more," Skinner said. “Parents, like the mother who tried to intervene, deserve an effective tool they can act on to help prevent these tragedies."

Under current law, therapists can notify law enforcement that their client is at risk of committing a violent act allowing authorities to investigate the individual. Law enforcement can prevent the person from buying or owning firearms.

“The tragic incident in my hometown of Isla Vista is not a result of gun laws failing. Rather, it is a horrific example of how our mental health laws and gun control laws are not working together,” said Williams.

The proposed legislation would grant this authority to concerned family members, friends and intimate partners, creating a mechanism to intervene and potentially prohibit the purchase of firearms and/or remove the firearms already in possession. Law enforcement would have the ability to investigate threats and ask a judge to grant an order prohibiting firearms purchase or possession.

In most cases involving an individual in crisis there is no mechanism to limit firearm access while the individual is seeking or receiving needed help (e.g., mental health counseling, substance abuse treatment, anger management).

Family members may call law enforcement to intervene. However, as evidenced by law enforcement's response to the mother's call regarding her concerns about the shooter in the Santa Barbara incident, if no crime has been committed, or the individual does not meet the criteria for an involuntary civil commitment to mental health treatment, there is essentially nothing that can be done to prevent that individual from purchasing firearms or to temporarily remove firearms from their possession during the crisis.

Senator Hannah Beth Jackson will be joining Williams and Skinner as a principal co-author of the legislation.

http://asmdc.org/members/a15/news-room/press-releases/assemblymembers-nancy-skinner-das-williams-announce-legislation-in-wake-of-the-santa-barbara-shooting

Amarite?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Hmm.  Seems like a perfectly legit source of factual information.

http://worldtruth.tv/lightning-strikes-world-trade-center-twice-as-pope-is-to-sit-on-king-davids-tomb/

Is there any question as to what God is trying to say here?  Lightning strikes the World Trade Center not just once, but twice, as the Pope seats himself on King David’s throne.

Is God sending us a warning?  I think so!

And, if that wasn’t enough, an earthquake hit Israel as the Pope arrived in Jordan, and was getting ready to come into Bethlehem, and then Jerusalem!

JUDGMENT! Lightning Strikes 1 World Trade Center TWICE As Pope is to Sit on King Davids Tomb!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nutjob

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't be to  hard on them Pacedog..I just saw where they have been affected by chemicals which have pretty much made them women with penises...sad really how some males don't understand guns and their value but if you look at the chemical neutering it starts to make sense...Liberal metro-sexual weenies are a creation of chemical pollution...Phalates

FOR SAL since he missed it----Mass shootings and psychotropic drugs- commonality in shootings over last 20 years  C3549d16

boards of FL

boards of FL

I almost can't believe what I'm seeing here.  The creator of this website that PACEDOG apparently reads is so clueless that he doesn't even realize what he copy and pasted into this article.

http://worldtruth.tv/why-neil-degrasse-tyson-is-the-lightning-rod-for-the-major-threat-science-poses-to-creationists-2/

He leads in to the copy and paste by stating...

Intelligent design proponent and conspiracy blogger David Klinghoffer writes on Evolution News, the anti-evolution blog:

...but then he proceeds to post a different article that actually completely blows Klinghoffer out of the water and essentially paints him as an idiot.

We can conclude 1 of 2 things from this:

1)  The creator of worldtruth.tv can't read well.
2)  This is a BS site full of what essentially amounts to filler that even the creator of the website himself doesn't actually read or vet at all.

All this said, it comes as no surprise to me that PACEDOG not only views this as a legitimate source, but that he finds it to be so relevant and damning to some argument that he is bumping this thread.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://vimeo.com/15346778

boards of FL

boards of FL

Oh, and TEO's video is complete BS as well. Not that this even needs stating.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-disappearing-male-a-pinch-of-science-a-pound-of-speculation/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:Oh, and TEO's video is complete BS as well.  Not that this even needs stating.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-disappearing-male-a-pinch-of-science-a-pound-of-speculation/

Paid for by DOW and Monsanto...folks you can trust....drink up weenies...

Oh and all that smoking causes cancer BS..light up 3 packs a day are good for you...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:I didn't miss it.

I'm all for keeping guns out of the hands of nutjobs.

I guess you support this sort of thing? ....

Today, California State Assemblymembers Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) and Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) announced legislation to help prevent mass killings like this weekend’s tragic Isla Vista rampage near UC Santa Barbara that claimed the lives of six students.

The proposed legislation would create a gun violence restraining order, establishing a system where concerned family members, intimate partners or friends can notify law enforcement of someone who is demonstrating a propensity to commit violence toward themselves or others.

“When someone is in crisis, the people closest to them are often the first to spot the warning signs but almost nothing can now be done to get back their guns or prevent them from buying more," Skinner said. “Parents, like the mother who tried to intervene, deserve an effective tool they can act on to help prevent these tragedies."

Under current law, therapists can notify law enforcement that their client is at risk of committing a violent act allowing authorities to investigate the individual. Law enforcement can prevent the person from buying or owning firearms.

“The tragic incident in my hometown of Isla Vista is not a result of gun laws failing. Rather, it is a horrific example of how our mental health laws and gun control laws are not working together,” said Williams.

The proposed legislation would grant this authority to concerned family members, friends and intimate partners, creating a mechanism to intervene and potentially prohibit the purchase of firearms and/or remove the firearms already in possession. Law enforcement would have the ability to investigate threats and ask a judge to grant an order prohibiting firearms purchase or possession.

In most cases involving an individual in crisis there is no mechanism to limit firearm access while the individual is seeking or receiving needed help (e.g., mental health counseling, substance abuse treatment, anger management).

Family members may call law enforcement to intervene. However, as evidenced by law enforcement's response to the mother's call regarding her concerns about the shooter in the Santa Barbara incident, if no crime has been committed, or the individual does not meet the criteria for an involuntary civil commitment to mental health treatment, there is essentially nothing that can be done to prevent that individual from purchasing firearms or to temporarily remove firearms from their possession during the crisis.

Senator Hannah Beth Jackson will be joining Williams and Skinner as a principal co-author of the legislation.

http://asmdc.org/members/a15/news-room/press-releases/assemblymembers-nancy-skinner-das-williams-announce-legislation-in-wake-of-the-santa-barbara-shooting

Amarite?

California just needs to get over it and follow Florida's example. They need a "Stand Your Ground" law like we have. If one of those dead sorority members had held a conceal and carry permit, and had "stood their ground" they could have shot the little twit between the eyes before he carried out further mayhem. And, if California had a "Guns at Work" law like we have, someone could have run out to their truck, got their gun, and stopped this asshole's aggression post-haste. Having further restrictions on firearms is not the answer here.  What a Face

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Don't be to  hard on them Pacedog..I just saw where they have been affected by chemicals which have pretty much made them women with penises...sad really how some males don't understand guns and their value but if you look at the chemical neutering it starts to make sense...Liberal metro-sexual weenies are a creation of chemical pollution...Phalates

FOR SAL since he missed it----Mass shootings and psychotropic drugs- commonality in shootings over last 20 years  C3549d16

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
California just needs to get over it and follow Florida's example. They need a "Stand Your Ground" law like we have. If one of those dead sorority members had held a conceal and carry permit, and had "stood their ground" they could have shot the little twit between the eyes before he carried out further mayhem. And, if California had a "Guns at Work" law like we have, someone could have run out to their truck, got their gun, and stopped this asshole's aggression post-haste. Having further restrictions on firearms is not the answer here.  What a Face

agreed

boards of FL wrote:Oh, and TEO's video is complete BS as well. Not that this even needs stating.

As with all liberals, attack the source if it is in disagreement with you stance or just fall back on the old reliable SIN tactic:

S- shift the blame
I- ignore the facts
N- name call

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Oh, and TEO's video is complete BS as well.  Not that this even needs stating.

As with all liberals, attack the source if it is in disagreement with you stance or just fall back on the old reliable SIN tactic:

S- shift the blame
I-  ignore the facts
N- name call

Actually, the link that I posted doesn't attack the source at all. It simply examines the wild claims that are presented and then contrasts those with the underlying facts...which in no way support the wild claims made by the video.

Sal wrote:

Amarite?[/font]

So we are all a "wink and a handshake" away from being locked down. Sounds like SHAM to me. Sounds like a way for someone to get railroaded. We already have things like the Baker Act in Florida to stop people from hurting themselves or others. We already have laws on the books preventing mentally ill or criminals from getting weapons. Let's ENFORCE those laws. We can start with prosecuting those who let this dork get a weapon, to include the knives as well along with whomever licensed him to drive, right? LOL

It's what you want correct? How about we prosecute the cops with whom he had multiple audiences in regards to certain behaviors? Blame everyone right, just not the person who is responsible for their actions.....right?
AMIRITE???

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

S- shift the blame
I-  ignore the facts
N- name call

Actually, the link that I posted doesn't attack the source at all. It simply examines the wild claims that are presented and then contrasts those with the underlying facts...which in no way support the wild claims made by the video.

From the man who uses WIKIPEDIA....give it a rest.
Not an attack? YOUR WORDS : "This is a BS site full of ..."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

agreed

I should have added more sarcasm so you could see it better......... My bust..... Embarassed 

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:From the man who uses WIKIPEDIA....give it a rest.

The fact that you made the above comment after stating the following in your previous post...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:As with all liberals, attack the source if it is in disagreement with you stance or just fall back on the old reliable SIN tactic:

S- shift the blame
I-  ignore the facts
N- name call

...suggests that you are...well...not very bright.

Last edited by boards of FL on 5/28/2014, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:

The fact that you made the above comment after stating the following in your previous post...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:As with all liberals, attack the source if it is in disagreement with you stance or just fall back on the old reliable SIN tactic:

S- shift the blame
I-  ignore the facts
N- name call

...shows us all that you are...not very bright.

You've shown that you must have attended a diploma mill for your graduate degree with the sources you post for the tripe you claim as fact.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

S- shift the blame
I-  ignore the facts
N- name call

...shows us all that you are...not very bright.

You've shown that you must have attended a diploma mill for your graduate degree with the sources you post for the tripe you claim as fact.

Dude, you're like, committing SIN with all of these source attacks! Or something.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:We were bound to agree on something...

Can't tell if you're playing dumb of if you actually are that dumb.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

So we are all a "wink and a handshake" away from being locked down. Sounds like SHAM to me. Sounds like a way for someone to get railroaded. We already have things like the Baker Act in Florida to stop people from hurting themselves or others. We already have laws on the books preventing mentally ill or criminals from getting weapons. Let's ENFORCE those laws. We can start with prosecuting those who let this dork get a weapon, to include the knives as well along with whomever licensed him to drive, right? LOL

It's what you want correct? How about we prosecute the cops with whom he had multiple audiences in regards to certain behaviors? Blame everyone right, just not the person who is responsible for their actions.....right?
AMIRITE???

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Stop letting people on psychotropic drugs have guns and you will have less instances of this stupidity happening.

But you don't want to mention that do you? How about we go after the people who gave him access to the guns? Hmmmmm

Just empty words, I suppose ....

.... amarite??

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wikipedia is actually a wonderful source. I use it every day for something. I do a little free-lance writing at Fiverr.com as a hobby, and none of my buyers from there ever complain when I cite from Wikipedia in the papers I write for them.

Wikipedia is not an accepted site for debate or research.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum