Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evers wants full automatic weapons because we need to protect ourselves

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

What a wussy. I mean have you seen this guy......please beam me up Scotty......I am losing my mind.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He withdrew his FB post after the backlash, part of which came from me. I called him an SOB. Shortly thereafter, the FB post came down. I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained. He will never get my vote (I also told him that).

RealLindaL

That FB post came down but he posted later to say that the AR-15 would still be awarded, and it was.  Now he's taken things a step further by planning a fund raiser, selling opportunities to fire full auto weapons.  From the PNJ article online:

...the Baker senator and congressional candidate Wednesday announced he would hold a "full-auto fundraiser" where donors will have the opportunity to fire fully automatic machine guns. The fundraiser will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. July 23 at the Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range.

“Since some folks don’t understand the difference between an AR-15 and a real assault rifle capable of automatic fire, we’re going to show them,” Evers said in a release. “I think people will get a big kick out of seeing what a real assault rifle can do, and they'll have even more fun shooting up simulated terrorists.”

What a wonderful person this is.   I can say nothing more apropos than the comment someone posted on the article:

The Republican party: showing the world that sometimes,even rock bottom has a basement.

2seaoat

I mean this guy would not do this out of some principles, rather he is doing it because this culture has allowed this kind of insanity. It is such a harsh environment where civilization is considered a dirty word. Where fear and judgment are pervasive. The poverty is so pervasive, yet it is obvious that education is also failing. I mean there are so many good people I have met over the last thirty years who you would think would vote these bastards out of office. I mean the sheriff's race in Santa Rosa is this bizarre backlash against the "people's choice" and the sheriff's and people in power choice........I mean for a mile around Hickory Hammock Baptist church every yard has signs for Roper.....yet downtown at the law offices and businesses they have signs for Johnson. I had a local plumber go nuts arguing that the people will speak and the politicians will not choose who is going to be sheriff......and the funny thing about all this is Wendell pandered to those same racist, xenophobic, and homophobic folks who Bob insists on listening to their radio shows. I mean at what point when every two hundred yards is a small church with a sign telling you to fear God.......fear........what kind of mentality fears God.......and needs a fully automatic weapon.....I have had about enough......but right when I am about to just pack it up and leave, I meet incredible people.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I mean this guy would not do this out of some principles, rather he is doing it because this culture has allowed this kind of insanity.   It is such a harsh environment where civilization is considered a dirty word.  Where fear and judgment are pervasive.   The poverty is so pervasive, yet it is obvious that education is also failing.  I mean there are so many good people I have met over the last thirty years who you would think would vote these bastards out of office.   I mean the sheriff's race in Santa Rosa is this bizarre backlash against the "people's choice" and the sheriff's and people in power choice........I mean for a mile around Hickory Hammock Baptist church every yard has signs for Roper.....yet downtown at the law offices and businesses they have signs for Johnson.  I had a local plumber go nuts arguing that the people will speak and the politicians will not choose who is going to be sheriff......and the funny thing about all this is Wendell pandered to those same racist, xenophobic, and homophobic folks who Bob insists on listening to their radio shows.   I mean at what point when every two hundred yards is a small church with a sign telling you to fear God.......fear........what kind of mentality fears God.......and needs a fully automatic weapon.....I have had about enough......but right when I am about to just pack it up and leave, I meet incredible people.

I've been here a long time, Seaoat and have seen a lot. It's my (real) friends and my wonderful family who sustain me, but I've always had a problem with a culture that not only supports de facto segregation but elitism as well.

2seaoat

Honestly, I am here because the wonderful people of my childhood are here. Modest people of faith who live simple lives and will give the shirt off their back for a neighbor or a person in distress, but there are layers after layers of Fox News propaganda and fear mongers who personally profit from fear.....and this becomes a book burning anti intellectual backlash to good government and a feeling that folks do not need to be judged, and we are just fine with our hateful ways.....but the actual people......they are not haters, but good people. It is a system of shunning. My cousins use to tell me how harsh my Uncle was on them for not dressing properly for Wed. night church and that sense of conformity and following rather than having any individual expression. i just do not see an answer. I guess I will just celebrate the natural beauty and work to enhance the same and hope people in the future can share my work in regard to the same.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Get real. This guy represents a district where most men take their families to a restaurant and wear their camo vests and camo baseball caps at the table. Their pick-up trucks are festooned with right wing propaganda and deer hunting logos, and maybe a phrase or two from the bible. Same crowd drives around with rebel flags waving from their truck. Evers knows exactly the audience he's playing to!

2seaoat

I saw the big rebel flag riding around Pace yesterday as he has a fifth wheel hitch as the base for this big rebel flag.....and his truck is camoflauged to stop the Yankees from returning fire.......pinch me.....I am in hell. Just had a twenty minute conversation with a local realtor how screwed up things are......but she agreed with me that the damn Yankees are responsible for screwing up everything, but she was from Milton and could not tell me about that evil Studer.

From 1951 until my grandmother's death in 1995 I never saw any confederate symbols in my grandparent's home, or any uncle, aunt, or cousin. I just do not get it, and my family has been in the south since the late 1700s and live and die for Auburn, but none of these fricking symbols.......or did I ever see a gun in their home.

Gawd y'all are scardy chickens. Automatic weapons are not legal except under special lisence. That won't change.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Gawd y'all are scardy chickens. Automatic weapons are not legal except under special lisence. That won't change.

You don't get it, Pkr.   It's the gawdawful CELEBRATION of the guns, the joyous, slap you on the back, let's have a carnival around shooting cardboard terrorists  with machine guns, yuk yuk yuk ain't we got fun, and meanwhile let's raise me some money outta your gullible pocket.....it's all that and more.  

I hope Evers turns off lots and lots of potential voters with his careless antics.   I thought automatic weapons were supposed to be for serious purposes.  As a thinking Independent I, for one, would never in a million years vote for this person.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
He withdrew his FB post after the backlash, part of which came from me.  I called him an SOB.  Shortly thereafter, the FB post came down.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who complained.  He will never get my vote (I also told him that).    

And P.S.  I forgot to give credit where credit was due:   Good for you, FT.  More of us should speak up directly to this...person.   I hesitate to call him a man.  Celebrating military style weapons and machine guns certainly doesn't make him a man in my eyes -- far from it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I saw the big rebel flag riding around Pace yesterday as he has a fifth wheel hitch as the base for this big rebel flag.....and his truck is camoflauged to stop the Yankees from returning fire.......pinch me.....I am in hell.  Just had a twenty minute conversation with a local realtor how screwed up things are......but she agreed with me that the damn Yankees are responsible for screwing up everything, but she was from Milton and could not tell me about that evil Studer.

From 1951 until my grandmother's death in 1995 I never saw any confederate symbols in my grandparent's home, or any uncle, aunt, or cousin.   I just do not get it, and my family has been in the south since the late 1700s and live and die for Auburn, but none of these fricking symbols.......or did I ever see a gun in their home.

I stayed at the home of my honorary aunt & uncle in Birmingham after Ivan...slept in the Tiger Room...Auburn memorabilia everywhere...a full-size stuffed tiger on the bed...a mannequin in full uniform they liked to put in the front yard...but no battle flags of the Confederacy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum