Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HBO VICE........Gitmo

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 1:20 am

2seaoat

We need to close Gitmo and spend two years in Congress investigating what we did to human beings under the guise of a threat when this nation allowed fear to replace the rule of law. This is a stain on American History.

2HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 6:40 am

As long as they target innocents... I don't give a damn how they're treated or what it takes to garner info.

3HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 7:24 am

2seaoat

Do you understand we dropped leaflets for a bounty on every terrorist who was turned over to Americans. That tribal enemies took innocents off the streets bound them and turned them over to the Americans. They were bound, hooded and sent to Gitmo where they were tortured, drugged and abused. Innocent men who were not enemy combatants but just the wrong tribal affiliation. The general who set up GITMO said the mood was revenge and these men were abused in the worse ways, but slowly he began to realize that all but about twenty men were innocent men who had been captured by people who had other agendas and he was stuck with innocent men. We sat blind, and remain blind as to what we have done. We wonder why we are victims of terror.....terror begets terror.

4HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 8:00 am

Are you aware of the large number of obama released terrorists that rejoined the jihad and both targeted innocents and killed US "consultants and peacekeepers"? You don't seem to acknowledge that reality for some reason. Why is that?

5HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 9:04 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Are you aware of the large number of obama released terrorists that rejoined the jihad and both targeted innocents and killed US "consultants and peacekeepers"? You don't seem to acknowledge that reality for some reason. Why is that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/03/23/pentagon-official-release-of-guantanamo-detainees-has-led-to-american-deaths/

"...Closing the military prison at Guantanamo was a campaign promise of President Obama’s, and it has remained a point of contention throughout his time in the White House. Ninety-one detainees remain at the facility, with Obama having transferred out about 144, while President George W. Bush released 532 during his administration, according to U.S. officials.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) said this month in its most recent report on former Guantanamo detainees that of the 532 detainees released by Bush, 111 of them are confirmed to have returned to terrorist activities. Twenty-nine of those are dead, 25 are back in custody and 57 remain free. An additional 74 of the 532 detainees are suspected of returning to the battlefield.

Of the 144 detainees Obama has released, seven are confirmed to have returned to militant activities and 12 are suspected of having done so, according to DNI officials. Overall, about 30 percent are believed to have done so.

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) said in statement Wednesday that Lewis’s comments “are a clear admission” by the Obama administration that attempts to close the detention center entirely are detrimental to natural security.

“The President must rescind his Guantanamo plans, and instead begin detaining captured ISIS fighters at the facility,” Scott said, using an acronym for the militant group. “This is bigger than politics, and the President must stop putting campaign promises first and American lives second.”..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/us/politics/21detain.html

Funds to Close Guantánamo Denied

By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN    MAY 20, 2009

HBO VICE........Gitmo 21detain.span

Senator James M. Inhofe, at lectern, talked to reporters after the Senate blocked the transfer of prisoners from Cuba to the United States. With him, from left, Senators Pat Roberts, Saxby Chambliss, Sam Brownback, Jim DeMint and Jeff Sessions. Credit Stephen Crowley/The New York Times

WASHINGTON — "The Senate voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to cut from a war spending bill the $80 million requested by President Obama to close the detention center at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, and to bar the transfer of detainees to the United States and its territories.

The vote, which complicates Mr. Obama’s efforts to shutter the prison by his deadline of Jan. 22, 2010, was 90 to 6. Republicans voted unanimously in favor of cutting the money..."

6HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 9:05 am

2seaoat

Because I have not seen one valid example of the same, and after watching Vice on HBO, if I were released......the first place I would go would be to join folks who were fighting this evil.....in a NY minute. Let us see if you get this analogy. You are walking the streets of your local town in upstate Michigan, and the Spanish are flying planes dropping leaflets saying they will pay five thousand dollars for every American terrorist who is captured.......some town folk not really knowing you get some zip ties and tackle you, bind your hands behind your back, and take you to a Spanish military base somewhere near the town in America, where you are stripped, put into prison uniforms, have a hood put over your head, zip tied, put on a plane, and taken to Gitmo where you are deprived food, given psycho drugs, tortured, and incarcerated for five to ten years before they finally determine you are innocent, but they do not return you to Michigan, they send you to Australia with the restriction that you cannot leave that country.....never given a trial, never given a stipend or monetary award for the mistake, what would you do? I would search Australia to find other like minded individuals who wanted to enact revenge on Spain......any man would do the same.......yet we are led to believe that what we did was put enemy soldiers in Gitmo....the lies and propaganda are America's shame.

7HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 10:38 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Because I have not seen one valid example of the same, and after watching Vice on HBO, if I were released......the first place I would go would be to join folks who were fighting this evil.....in a NY minute.   Let us see if you get this analogy.   You are walking the streets of your local town in upstate Michigan, and the Spanish are flying planes dropping leaflets saying they will pay five thousand dollars for every American terrorist who is captured.......some town folk not really knowing you get some zip ties and tackle you, bind your hands behind your back, and take you to a Spanish military base somewhere near the town in America, where you are stripped, put into prison uniforms, have a hood put over your head, zip tied, put on a plane, and taken to Gitmo where you are deprived food, given psycho drugs, tortured, and incarcerated for five to ten years before they finally determine you are innocent, but they do not return you to Michigan, they send you to Australia with the restriction that you cannot leave that country.....never given a trial, never given a stipend or monetary award for the mistake, what would you do?   I would search Australia to find other like minded individuals who wanted to enact revenge on Spain......any man would do the same.......yet we are led to believe that what we did was put enemy soldiers in Gitmo....the lies and propaganda are America's shame.

Well stated...all the Republicans and a few Democrats got a bad case of NIMBY in 2009, and there is still opposition to closing it down. Sometimes it seems we move at a snail's pace trying to accomplish anything in this country. Not only GITMO, but the black sites in other countries, are a stain on our collective psyche. Obama, in one of his first acts as President, closed down the black sites...at least he signed the order reversing Bush's executive action. And you're right...some of these detainees were completely innocent and some were never even charged. And I'm criticized for my hatred of Bush, which I will carry to my grave.

8HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 10:49 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump on torture:

Donald Trump

Now, I know this may be false reasoning, but bear with me. If it appears now that Trump is going to be the GOP candidate because of votes from GOP voters, it can be a small step to say that today's Republicans believe the kinds of things Trump believes, right? Well here's a real sign of just what the GOP believes these days. The topic: Torture. You know, that thing all these nutters are always bitching about the other guys. "Other guys" like Al Qaeda and Isis. Well folks, Waterboarding is Torture, plain and simple. Here's what Presidential front-runner and keeper of GOP vows has to say about it:

"‘If it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway.’" and further, if elected, he would "bring back" waterboarding regardless of the fact that it is universally considered torture by everyone in the world, except, just like with Global Warning, the idiots that are led by the nose of the Republican party. Here's the actual quote, which is actually worse that imaginable: "I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding."

They sound more and more like little Hitlers every damn day, and Trump is only a Chaplin mustache away from actually being the guy. This clown really has gone right into the territory of pure evil. And to think, this fat-cat Fascist has spread his seed. And y'know what they say about the apple and the tree?

Here's little Chump Trump on waterboarding/torture:

"No different than what happens on college campuses in frat houses every day"

I guess insulation, isolation and propaganda DO lead to ignorance after all.

Personally, I wouldn't endorse something before trying it out myself. Hey Chumps, how about you?

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Sluggo714/the_gop_has_all_the_smart_ones__quotes_from_right_wing_nutjobs_and_american_fascists/

9HBO VICE........Gitmo Empty Re: HBO VICE........Gitmo 7/2/2016, 11:23 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Allowing the Neocons to take over the government in this country was the worse thing to happen in a lifetime. Dick Cheney be damned! I wonder how Bush felt being his puppet?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum