Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump is about to walk back his ban on muslims. What do you think will result from this?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Will his cult think less of him for it?
Will this cause more moderate or independent voters to vote for him?
Overall, will this help or hurt him in the campaign?

2seaoat

You really do not get the dog whistle thing at all.......oblivious.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You really do not get the dog whistle thing at all.......oblivious.

If you're reading 2seaoat's post,  here is the definition of the term "dog whistle" as he is applying it here.

Dog whistle is a type of strategy of communication that sends a message that the general population will take a certain meaning from, but a certain group that is "in the know" will take away the secret, intended message.

What 2seaoat could be saying with his post is that Trump's walkback on the muslim ban is a "dog whistle".

Or maybe what 2seaoat is saying is that I'm delivering a "dog whistle" just by asking the questions.

Since 2seaoat is not good at communication, you'll have to decide for yourself.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But regardless, the word "dog whistle" of course has nothing to do with this.
When Trump called for a "ban on all muslims", he was spelling out for everyone what that meant. There was no secret message in that. It was plain as day.

And of course all I did was ask the same legitimate question most journalists are asking today. So if I was using a "dog whistle" then so were they.

2seaoat

You probably connect your land line phone into an electric outlet, and ask why your phone does not receive messages........and that might help explain in part the brain damage as well.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It won't matter. Trump is toast. But the business deals he makes off this run are going to be YUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
It won't matter.  Trump is toast.  But the business deals he makes off this run are going to be YUUUUUUUUUUGE.  

The Trump brand name is now a pariah in Europe,  in the Middle East and in Asia.  And also in our country when you consider they moved the golf tournament from his Doral country club to Mexico City.  lol

Just because you saw him pitching real estate while he was at Turnberry doesn't mean people have an interest in buying it.

Also keep in mind that the Trump personality cult are mostly just some half-educated blue collar rednecks.  They surely are not the people who buy million dollar condos in the Trump tower.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
It won't matter.  Trump is toast.  But the business deals he makes off this run are going to be YUUUUUUUUUUGE.  

The Trump brand name is now a pariah in Europe,  in the Middle East and in Asia.  And also in our country when you consider they moved the golf tournament from his Doral country club to Mexico City.  lol

Just because you saw him pitching real estate while he was at Turnberry doesn't mean people have an interest in buying it.

Also keep in mind that the Trump personality cult are mostly just some half-educated blue collar rednecks.  They surely are not the people who buy million dollar condos in the Trump tower.

That story I told you about my girlfriend working for Trump was true...and it's not like he came out of the ether...he's been a candidate for President several times over a number of years. I also had a good friend, now deceased, whose dad split his time between Birmingham, AL, a residence in Trump Tower, and a place in the Caymans. I met him at his son's wake...at the Dock.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote: I also had a good friend, now deceased, whose dad split his time between Birmingham, AL, a residence in Trump Tower, and a place in the Caymans.

Then I must have figured it wrong. I thought the majority of Trumpites were little educated blue collar types.
But instead, the typical Trumpite must be a very rich person who can afford to own many different residences.

2seaoat

Trump can NEVER walk back his comments about banning Muslims based solely on their religion.....NEVER.

Telstar

Telstar

Trump can pretty much walk back anything he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGQ91DwOcw

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Trump can NEVER walk back his comments about banning Muslims based solely on their religion.....NEVER.

See,  now that's a legitimate on-topic response to the question posed by my OP to this thread.  
Why didn't you just post that in the beginning?  Why did you instead post this blather which is not even coherent...

"You really do not get the dog whistle thing at all.......oblivious".

2seaoat

Because Bob the proposition that a racist bigot politician who is appealing to fascism can simply change his mind and everything is ok is more revealing about the poster than the candidate.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump is only appealing to that segment. According to this, he has some "Bad Company"...

http://www.nationofchange.org/news/2016/06/27/hidden-billionaires-behind-trump/?platform=hootsuite

Trump is about to walk back his ban on muslims.  What do you think will result from this? Donald-Trump-Iowa-REUTERS-800x430

The Foreclosure King, The Three-Headed Dog From Hell and Goldman Sachs

Trump desperately needs to get his tiny hands on some cash to fund his presidential campaign. On TV, Trump may play the role of a gazillionaire, but the reality of his reality TV persona is that it’s all paid for with other people’s money. His self-funding pledge is going the way of all Trump’s promises — down the gilded crapper. This week on The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: Election Crimes Bulletin, we focus on where and how Trump is going to get his campaign funds — and the deal he’s made with Wall Street’s devils in order to get it.

TRANSCRIPT (Originally broadcast on June 22, 2016)

"Dennis J. Bernstein: All the news is about how Hillary has raised zillions and Donald has a mere one or two million dollars… I thought Donald Trump was a billionaire — he could pay for anything!

Greg Palast: Yeah, that’s the TV show, isn’t it? As he says, he loves debt. So, yes, he has a lot of money, OPM, other people’s money. He’s an OPM addict, and other peoples’ money addict. But as far as using it for himself, there’s very good reason, he doesn’t have close to what he’s talking about. So just like bank robbers, he’s going where the money is.

DB: He’s got some cagey friends?

Palast: Yes. The guy who is now raising money for the guy who doesn’t supposedly need it and who said he will self-finance his own campaign. Where would you go if you needed to suddenly get bazillions and millions of dollars as a politician? It’s a quiz. What’s your answer?

Three, two, one… too late, Bernstein! It’s Goldman Sachs!

If you want golden sacks you need Goldman Sachs. So he went to a guy named Steven Mnuchin who came out of Goldman. Mnuchin then went to a guy named Tony Scaramucci, who is another billionaire hedge fund manager, and they put together a team. They decided to have a lunch to raise a couple bucks for their good buddy, Donald, their billionaire bro… or at least one with his name on a used jet..."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Soooo... it's bad to pander to wall st, banks, corporations, or even foreighn govts. Right?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Because Bob the proposition that a racist bigot politician who is appealing to fascism can simply change his mind and everything is ok is more revealing about the poster than the candidate.

As I already told you you goddamn son of bitch,  I watched several different journalists ask the same exact fucking question before he gave the speech.
The question has nothing the fuck to do with me,  dog whistles or any of your constant blather.

And why do you always have to exaggerate every point you make.  Nobody,  not me and not those journalists,  ever said anything about it "making everything ok".  So stick it up your ass.

2seaoat

I never claimed you had an original thought, just that you posted a thread which tells us more about the poster than Trump.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Fuck you,  asshole. Go spread your homophobia somewhere else like a skinhead forum.

2seaoat

If I called people Ragheads and I made fun of their religion, I would be upset if a person pointed out that I had just posted a thread which assumes that a fascist can simply say......do over......and rational thinking people will simple clean the slate and judge that person as if the words which came before meant nothing.......sorry Bob your hateful words toward Muslims. You act like you have been affronted by the words of the Koran, but you have admitted on this forum that you have NEVER acted on your homosexual attractions, so you are pretending Bob......acting like your attraction and inaction somehow allows you to call people who enjoy same sex relations queers, and people of faith in both the Christian and Muslim faiths are all homophobes who want to kill the bisexual.......I would be angry too......the truth is raw and sorry you cannot ask for a do over on the hateful words you have written. You might seek redemption from a higher source and maybe moderate your hate, but not for show, but upon the thing you espouse as the golden rule, and treat others with the same respect you would like extended to you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What planet did this character come from? Or more accurately, what rock did he crawl out from under?

Can anyone reading this explain to me how the simple question I posed in this thread indicates to 2seaoat that I'm all this crazy stuff he keeps posting? It's fucking weird. lol

Be careful... or he'll write a bunch of words. Does anyone read them to make sure he isn't just copy and pasting?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Be careful... or he'll write a bunch of words. Does anyone read them to make sure he isn't just copy and pasting?

I baited him into that one.  When I put myself with the two legendary comedians (just to make a point) I knew what he'd say to that.  He really is predictable.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But the point still stands.  Let me state it a different way.  Trump,  Pryor and Carlin all disliked political correctness.  And since I do too,  that's what attracted me to Trump in the beginning.

2seaoat

The only thing weird is posting a thread which assumes a hater can simply hide his true intentions and say something which makes all the hateful things which came before go away. When you call a person a raghead, it has nothing to do with your sexual attractions and everything to do with hate. You think the person who you said he liked Donald Trump, and would vote for him, can magically as you attempt here make your and his hateful words disappear. Get in line Bob, I have taken on bullies my entire life, and being told that I came out from under a rock is one of the nicest things I have heard......oh and by the way.....real people with same sex attraction have come to me for help when people have been bullying them.....they knew my values and they know my tenacity. I have never tolerated hate, and as long as your talking about picking, historical Pensacola, or the advantages of a Prius you have never heard a mean word from me.....but when you partake in putting down Mexicans and Muslims.....then be careful what rocks you kick....I may crawl out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum