Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there anyone here reading this who agrees with Trump that we should prohibit all muslims from immigrating to the U.S.?

+2
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

dumpcare

Well if Islam is great I would think they would want to stay in their homeland where the majority of population practices it.

It would seem to me if a muslim thought the U.S. was a ticket to their personal freedom that they would give up their religion and go without or join one here.

If I was not welcome in a country (and I'm not the brightest bulb) I would stay where I was born.

Now to the answer: I think until the radicals are eliminated I tend to agree with Trump. But that would not work because radicals will never be eliminated even after my life time.

It's a hard decision, I know and have client's that are muslim and seem like nice people, but that could be a cover. I'm not scared of them and they have voiced their opinion on the radicals saying they don't share the same beliefs.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I read where people are saying he said that, but haven't seen a direct quote.

What were his exact words? Got a direct quote for us?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:...

May I be clear and say that Donald Trump is NOT my first choice for the Republican Nominee for President.

I don't see anything wrong with a temporary pause in processing people from countries producing terrorists, that would primarily be Muslims. Obviously the system we have in place is not working.

She came in on a K-1 so called fiance visa. The visa clearly had an address that did not exist and she had visited several countries known for their radical sympathies.

Keep in mind, after Pearl Harbor FDR restricted anyone coming to this country from any of the Axis powers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with a temporary pause in processing people from countries producing terrorists, that would primarily be Muslims.

There are more muslims in the world than christians or jews.  They don't all live in the middle east.
What about if it's someone trying to immigrate from Asia or South America who just happens to be muslim?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I posted two or three days ago that if I was president I'd kill al-baghdadi.
He's the leader. 
No one had any comment.
Why don't we go after the leader?  Why are we letting him live?  Am I missing something?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:...

She came in on a K-1 so called fiance visa.  The visa clearly had an address that did not exist and she had visited several countries known for their radical sympathies.

K-1 Visa process as I understand is simply make an appointment at the US Consulate; show up with your paperwork; maybe a 40 minute interview with a low-level consular official; computer record checks of both parties; and you're done.

Our President apparently doesn't know the difference between a fiance visa & the Visa Waiver program.   Neither Saudi Arabia nor Pakistan are Visa Waiver partner countries with us.   You think whatever persons preview the President's speech for accuracy would have checked that facts with USCIS, State Department, or USICE.   Rolling Eyes

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost wrote:I read where people are saying he said that, but haven't seen a direct quote.

What were his exact words?   Got a direct quote for us?

btw, 'Bob' ... I'm still waiting for that direct quote from Trump on this.

I shouldn't have to look it up myself ... it's your thread.

knothead

knothead

EmeraldGhost wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:I read where people are saying he said that, but haven't seen a direct quote.

Got a TV, turn it on doofus . . . .

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Is that where you get your information from?   I don't want to hear what Rachel Maddow says Donald Trump said.  I want to hear what he actually said.

I wasn't addressing you anyway.   I'm sure Bob will be right back with that quote since it's his thread. I've found him to be a pretty stand-up straightforward guy on this forum .... even if we don't always agree entirely.

knothead

knothead

EmeraldGhost wrote:
knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Is that where you get your information from?   I don't want to hear what Rachel Maddow says Donald Trump said.  I want to hear what he actually said.

I wasn't addressing you anyway.   I'm sure Bob will be right back with that quote since it's his thread.   I've found him to be a pretty stand-up straightforward guy on this forum .... even if we don't always agree entirely.

Didn't want to sound like an interloper but your incessant need for what Trump actually said is easily attainable . . . . it's on your Network FOX no doubt so if you are seriously interested turn it on!!!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with a temporary pause in processing people from countries producing terrorists, that would primarily be Muslims.

There are more muslims in the world than christians or jews.  They don't all live in the middle east.
What about if it's someone trying to immigrate from Asia or South America who just happens to be muslim?

My SIL is Muslim. My brother returned to the US when he was diagnosed with Hep C. It is apparently common in Indonesia. He was actually working out of the Sultanate of Brunei. I am afraid for her as I am afraid for my local Muslim friends. It took her a year and a half to enter the country after my brother's arrival. I wonder how the supposed perpetrators of 9/11 had such easy access when my brother's wife had to wait so long to be approved.

I won't even go into the other problems he had with re-entering the country of his birth.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

I wasn't addressing you anyway.   I'm sure Bob will be right back with that quote since it's his thread.   I've found him to be a pretty stand-up straightforward guy on this forum .... even if we don't always agree entirely.

Didn't want to sound like an interloper but your incessant need for what Trump actually said is easily attainable . . . . it's on your Network FOX no doubt so if you are seriously interested turn it on!!!

I watch all three of the major cable news networks when I do watch TV news, which is just enough to keep up with what the various pundits are saying & when there's a major news event.    I tend to get more of my information from a wide variety of sources on the web - liberal, conservative, libertarian ... and other stuff.  I like to keep up with what some of the fringe elements on all parts of the political spectrum are saying too.

You obviously don't know me very well on here and my posting history.  (not a Trump supporter)

For example ... did you know I am:

A-theist
Libertarian leaning
Pro-gun
Pro-marijuana (both medicinal & recreational)
Anti- foreign-interventionist (somewhat)
Anti-school prayer
Pro-Choice (but with a little different twist than your average Pro-Choicer)
50% Native American
quite a few other things that might surprise you a bit - and some that probably won't.

I even worked on the first Jimmy Carter campaign & but voted for John Anderson in 1980.  I voted for Gary Johnson last time around.

I often find myself about as unwelcome in far-right circles as I do in far-left ones ... though I find common ground with both on some things as I do with moderates.

So all I ask is address the things that I actually say on here & don't make any assumptions about me ... and I'll return you the favor.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 12/7/2015, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

EmeraldGhost wrote:
knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
knothead wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

I watch all three of the major cable news networks when I do watch TV news.  I tend to get more of my information from a wide variety of sources on the web - liberal, conservative, libertarian ... and other stuff.  I like to keep up with what some of the fringe elements on all parts of the political spectrum are saying too.

You obviously don't know me very well on here and my posting history.  (not a Trump supporter)

For example ... did you know I am:

A-theist
Libertarian leaning
Pro-gun
Pro-marijuana (both medicinal & recreational)
Anti- foreign-interventionist (somewhat)
Anti-school prayer
Pro-Choice (but with a little different twist than your average Pro-Choicer)
50% Native American
quite a few other things that might surprise you a bit - and some that probably won't.

I even worked on the first Jimmy Carter campaign & but voted for John Anderson in 1980.  I voted for Gary Johnson last time around.

So all I ask is address the things that I actually say on here & don't make any assumptions about me ... and I'll return you the favor.

Fair enough, btw, I do not get all my news from msnbc per your own assumption but I do read A LOT, WSJ, Post, and Playboy!!!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

knothead wrote:
Fair enough, btw, I do not get all my news from msnbc per your own assumption but I do read A LOT, WSJ, Post, and Playboy!!!

I wasn't assuming that ... that was just a dig back at ya in response to your Fox News comment.

(Is Playboy even still around?   Who reads that anymore anyway?)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum