Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My PDF Friends: What is your best remedy for a broken heart?

+3
Joanimaroni
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Lurch wrote:My PDF Friends: What is your best remedy for a broken heart? - Page 2 Do-little

He has actually done a lot for me, and has never done anything to hurt me or wrong me in any way. And we both want very badly to be together... just can't right now... That's partially why it hurts so damned badly, sweetheart.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey I think I got an answer..I was looking for a song that might help and remember this one played for months all the time because it struck a note..I think it goes along with Hallmarkgrads great advice.....

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 9/25/2012, 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rice,
It seems you have found strength, hope and guidance in a strange place. It took a lot for you to put that out here. I comend you for the bravery of it.

and I am so happy to see you seem to have some sort of peace of mind now.

Good goin Mr oats....

I have always said that this is a rare group of people, we may fight like hell most of the time, but I honestly believe we have it in us to be kind as well. All of us.

Hang in thier girl! Send me a nakied picture. Razz

Yomama wrote:Like SeaOat, I'm no expert in the broken heart category. If the man who has been going through a divorce is worth waiting for, by all means wait... but keep busy, enjoy life to it's fullest, do something nice for somebody, it'll make you feel good.

Here's a sweet song for a sweet lady.

[flash]YOUTUBE[/flash]

He IS worth waiting for, and I WILL! I hate that his divorce is taking so long (a year and counting!), but it is what it is. Fortunately I am at home, I have a lot of work to do to keep me busy, and my parents and uncle need a lot of help taking care of 90-year old granny who still lives by herself these days. Those things ought to keep me plenty occupied.

Thank you, EE!

Slicef18 wrote:
It is helpful to consider the loss of a true love as one would a death of a loved one. It has the same dynamics of a feeling of loss and sometimes a feeling of being incomplete. It is often helpful to spend time doing menial tasks that give instant rewards and accomplishment such as cleaning house, mowing the yard or even volunteering at a nursing home or animal shelter. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and wish you all good things.

Ouch... but, that is how I have been feeling. I also noticed (after the fact) that I went through an accelerated version of the Five Stages of Grief. Work and menial tasks have all helped me to either keep it off my mind, and before I brought up this subject here, chatting with you all also helped to keep it off my mind, and since has helped me to process more effectively.

Thank you, Slice. You always have such good advice for me Smile... But that's to be expected!

Joanimaroni wrote:

You will be fine!

New boots always make me feel better. The elixir for my soul! Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One last thing...ice cream, all flavors....works wonders. if you got abs they disappear but who needs em ?.....over rated.

I haven't tried liquor because I heard it causes other problems...

Rogue wrote:Rice,
It seems you have found strength, hope and guidance in a strange place. It took a lot for you to put that out here. I comend you for the bravery of it.

Good goin Mr oats....

I have always said that this is a rare group of people, we may fight like hell most of the time, but I honestly believe we have it in us to be kind as well. All of us.

You well know, Chrissy, that I have a lot of trust issues, but ya know... I now live all the way across the country from you all and no one on this forum (save for two people) know me, and no one knows the man who I am talking about.

Not only that, but folks argue on the forums about politics and whatall, but I honestly believe that each and every person here is good at heart. I DO NOT LIKE talking about my personal issues to people, but I NEED TO right now. Because I feel like this is a safe place (in that it is anonymous and I'm so far away), I feel like I can share this with you all and that those who are so inclined will offer advice, strength, encouragement, kindness and love, and those who not inclined will simply not respond. I admit that I would likely be pretty hurt or pissed off if someone said something ugly to me on this thread.

And you are very right: I have found strength, hope and guidance here, and I will be forever grateful to my PDF Forumily for all of your kindness and support. Love to you all!

I can't send you a nekkid picture because I don't have any. Even if I DID I wouldn't send you one, you filthy perv! Surprised

TEOTWAWKI wrote:One last thing...ice cream, all flavors....works wonders. if you got abs they disappear but who needs em ?.....over rated.

I haven't tried liquor because I heard it causes other problems...

DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRUPLE CHOCOLATE WITH EXTRA FUDGE ON TOP!

I can afford to gain a pound or ten, but I won't because I have some kind of crazy metabolism.

NaNook

NaNook

Rice,

Go to You-tube, enter Harry Nilsson ( the greatest songwriter of the 60s-70s) and enter Breaking My Heart....enjoy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

NaNook wrote:Rice,

Go to You-tube, enter Harry Nilsson ( the greatest songwriter of the 60s-70s) and enter Breaking My Heart....enjoy.

He really never got the fame he deserved....at least he got to hang with the Beatles or should I say they were lucky enough to hang with Harry. Why is it the really creative people all seem to have a mood problem ?...He died way to early.

although this is a better song for Rice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nB5VxPOoio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ab8BOu4LE&feature=related

same song 3 dog night

riceme wrote:
Rogue wrote:Rice,

Good goin Mr oats....

You well know, Chrissy, that I have a lot of trust issues, but ya know... I now live all the way across the country from you all and no one on this forum (save for two people) know me, and no one knows the man who I am talking about.

Not only that, but folks argue on the forums about politics and whatall, but I honestly believe that each and every person here is good at heart. I DO NOT LIKE talking about my personal issues to people, but I NEED TO right now. Because I feel like this is a safe place (in that it is anonymous and I'm so far away), I feel like I can share this with you all and that those who are so inclined will offer advice, strength, encouragement, kindness and love, and those who not inclined will simply not respond. I admit that I would likely be pretty hurt or pissed off if someone said something ugly to me on this thread.

And you are very right: I have found strength, hope and guidance here, and I will be forever grateful to my PDF Forumily for all of your kindness and support. Love to you all!

I can't send you a nekkid picture because I don't have any. Even if I DID I wouldn't send you one, you filthy perv! Surprised

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Love you too...... I love you

I'm a filthy perv, I'm a filthy perv ha ha Razz

Just kidding Wink

NaNook

NaNook

You have to reach out.........

NaNook wrote:You have to reach out.........

if she reaches out, she will be loved.

I'm familiar w/that song and gave it a listen just now. The music is too upbeat for how I'm feeling right now, but the words fit. Make sense?

Thanks, Nookie. Wink

Can you elaborate on that, please? I may have misinterpreted the intent / meaning of your comment.

I am reaching out right now... to you all. And I've spoken to the only two people in the world who I talk to about private matters: my two best friends Az, who is on the Gulf Coast of course, and James, who lives here in town but is unfortunately in Vegas for a mining conference right now.

Rogue wrote:

if she reaches out, she will be loved.

[flashXXX[/flash]

That isn't really the sort of music I normally listen to, but it's kind of a catchy little tune, and I did receive your message in the lyrics Wink

Thanks, Chrissy Like a Star @ heaven

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He really never got the fame he deserved....at least he got to hang with the Beatles or should I say they were lucky enough to hang with Harry. Why is it the really creative people all seem to have a mood problem ?...He died way to early.

although this is a better song for Rice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nB5VxPOoio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ab8BOu4LE&feature=related

same song 3 dog night

VERY FITTING, T. "One," indeed. Heh.

Great song... both versions.

Thank you, buddy.

riceme wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I have had lovers since her but it seems all I did was restore them to emotional health . I am pretty good at making women feel special...yeah I know I don't come across that way here. My very last attempt was a couple months ago and it had a lot of romance and promise but just has I committed to it I found out she still had a thing for her former fiancée . I broke it off in one text message. I haven't spoken to her since....people need to watch what they say on facebook.

All that said. I could find someone anytime and have but it's hard at my age to find one that's not broken in some way emotionally , physically, financially, intellectually, socially etc..... and of course I have my own quirks,...

I never, EVER say anything about any of my relationships on Facebook. It is simply not the forum for such dialogue.

I know what you mean... I could find SOMEONE. But I don't want just SOMEONE. There is only one man I want, and I can't have him until January... he is in the midst of a very complicated divorce that has already been in-process for a year now. Right now he needs to concentrate on his #1 Priority: his daughter (and I would have that no other way), trying to keep the home that he designed and built with his own hands, and trying not to lose everything he has worked for in the past 25-years.

We resolved to "just be friends" but that really might be too painful for me. I suggested that maybe we should see other people. He said that he wouldn't but that I should do as I wanted. Clearly I DON'T really want to, but it may help me to not be so lonesome until January. I don't even really know why I proposed that, and worry that I may have subconsciously wanted for him to think that he didn't want me to see other men, and if he didn't get me now he might lose me. Thing is, that isn't how I operate! I say what I mean and mean what I say! Why am I acting like this all of a sudden??

UGH! I hate this. My heart hurts and I'm acting like a crazy person.

There are a lot of emotional issues involved when marriages end even if they aren't living together. I think it's wise of your friend to realize this and take care of closing that door before he starts on a new one. That is only fair to you.You don't want to be in a relationship w/ someone who is grieving the loss of the last one even if it was a miserable one.I think you should give him all the time he needs to end this relationship.If there is a sincere bond between you, it will survive and you will be in a better place.

Dreamsglore wrote:
There are a lot of emotional issues involved when marriages end even if they aren't living together. I think it's wise of your friend to realize this and take care of closing that door before he starts on a new one. That is only fair to you.You don't want to be in a relationship w/ someone who is grieving the loss of the last one even if it was a miserable one. I think you should give him all the time he needs to end this relationship. If there is a sincere bond between you, it will survive and you will be in a better place.

Agreed, Dreams. Wise words, sweetheart.

He and I just got off the phone and discussed those very same things. He is in no way grieving the loss of his wife... the marriage and partnership have been over for many years, and they stayed together until the kids were out of high school and out of the house. He finished grieving for her years ago. The marriage? Yes, most certainly. And I understand very well that it is also an enormous life adjustment, and he is very set in his ways... He is a very organized person, everything has its place and is done a certain way. MAJOR changes, even though they have lived apart for over a year. Also, in my own experience, there is the deep shame in reconciling within yourself that you've failed in marriage... A lifelong commitment.

During our conversation tonight he clarified several things that I was still confused about and I feel much better now. Don't get me wrong... it still hurts, and very badly at that, but I am now more clear about some of the fine-detail of his issues... and it hurts less.

And, he reminded me that I was the one who originally said that for MANY reasons (for me as well as him) we needed to take this whole thing very slowly... Which reminded me of the wisdom in taking it slowly. Funny how it seems so much better an idea when it's your own. LOL.

We are still resolved to remain friends for the next three months (until his divorce is final), and go to BBQs (at minimum a twice a week affair around here) and other events together. And we agree that three months seems like an eternity about now. Smile

While we have been friends since childhood, I've been away at university, then in Florida and Kansas for years, so we haven't been around each other -- until recently -- in years. In my experience, the best relationships are those that have a solid foundation in friendship before they go to the next level. The next three months will provide us the opportunity to grow a stronger and closer friendship for that basis of a greater relationship.

Thank you, Dreams... I love you

To my PDF Broken Hearts Club (even the ones who mated for life):

I am just overwhelmed by all of the support, love, great advice and music that you all have offered in effort to help me to mend my poor lil broken heart. You all are just too sweet, and I appreciate and adore each and every one of you.

Hugs and kisses to all of you,
Miss Riceme

PS: This doesn't mean I want you to quit. Y'all haven't fixed me yet! Wink

riceme wrote:To my PDF Broken Hearts Club (even the ones who mated for life):

I am just overwhelmed by all of the support, love, great advice and music that you all have offered in effort to help me to mend my poor lil broken heart. You all are just too sweet, and I appreciate and adore each and every one of you.

Hugs and kisses to all of you,
Miss Riceme

PS: This doesn't mean I want you to quit. Y'all haven't fixed me yet! Wink

I dont know about fixen ya, I cant fix nobody. But I can be a distration Wink

hubba hubba Razz

[quote="riceme"]Let's hear all you all's remedies for a broken heart. And let me just make it clear right now that it is not in my nature to sleep around for any reason, even to "get him out of my system," so that's out, right from the get-go.

Pretty please and thank you so much.

XOXO,
Miss Riceme

----

Well now, you stole my answer. Sometimes that is what you just need to do as bad as it may seem.

[quote="PACEDOG#1"]
riceme wrote:Let's hear all you all's remedies for a broken heart. And let me just make it clear right now that it is not in my nature to sleep around for any reason, even to "get him out of my system," so that's out, right from the get-go.

Pretty please and thank you so much.

XOXO,
Miss Riceme

----

Well now, you stole my answer. Sometimes that is what you just need to do as bad as it may seem.

Well, I sort of know what you mean but that's not a good solution for me. As much as I love sex, it's just not something that's casual at all to me. I do not at all judge other people who do choose to have casual sex... it's just not something that's right for me.

I didn't go lookin for anybody.. I just didn't have a reason to say no to a couple of gals who asked me out..One of them was tryin for two years.. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum