Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Boards and Sal: If you're happy with America under Obama, I understand why you like Hillary!

+3
2seaoat
othershoe1030
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

Ralph Nader ran as an independent third-party candidate.  Bernie Sanders is vying for the Democratic nomination.  He is not a "spoiler"...nor was Nader responsible for the outcome of the 2000 election...it was a combination of the snow job by the media, especially Fox, the dirty tricks of Bush, the electronic fraud and voter purge in Florida, the "Brooks Brothers riots" that stopped the recount, and the right-leaning Supreme Court, which gave the election to Bush.  I didn't vote for Nader; I voted for Al Gore...but don't blame Nader.  Blame stupid voters; blame the "religious right" and politics from the pulpit; blame Diebold (or whatever their name is now); and blame corruption at the local and state levels.

Those were all factors.

Ralph Nader was another factor.

There have been several studies that definitively determine that Nader voters would have voted overwhelmingly for Gore, if Nader had not been on the ballot.

Nader was warned repeatedly that his run could possibly swing the election in Dubya's favor, and he responded that it didn't matter because both sides were the same.

He was catastrophically wrong, and I lost all respect for him.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Floridatexan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:OK, I get it.  Because her opponent is dangerously insane, both of you will vote for Hillary even though she can't be trusted, has bad judgement, and is a total, self-seeking political opportunist.  

And that's supposed to be the smart move?

God Bless America ...

Yes, it is the smart move.  A Clinton presidency will be worlds different than a Trump presidency.  Just look back at the Nader voters in 2000.  Thanks to those Nader voters making a "smart move", thousands of Americans are dead, tens of thousands are wounded, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians are dead.  Our perennial budget surpluses turned into the worst budget deficit in US history.  We were left with the worst economy since the Great Depression.  Scientific research was set back nearly a decade due to religious dogma.  Is this what you call a "smart move"?  Is throwing your vote away on an unelectable candidate at the expense of all of the above really what you consider to be a "smart move"?

Ralph Nader ran as an independent third-party candidate.  Bernie Sanders is vying for the Democratic nomination.  He is not a "spoiler"...nor was Nader responsible for the outcome of the 2000 election...

2000 General Election Florida Popular Vote:

Bush: 2,912,790
Gore: 2,912,253
Nader: 97,488

If a mere 1% of those Nader voters had simply been willing to face reality, we could have avoided the Bush administration and all that came with it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The latest polls show Hillary and Trump neck and neck, and in some cases Trump is ahead. Her acceptability is falling fast and Trump's is rising.

Trump will beat Hillary, and lose badly to Sanders.

Sal and Boards, you obviously can't stand Trump, why then do you insist on sticking with Hillary, when the polls all agree Sanders would beat him? Reality.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Wordslinger wrote:The latest polls show Hillary and Trump neck and neck, and in some cases Trump is ahead.  Her acceptability is falling fast and Trump's is rising.

Sal and Boards, you obviously can't stand Trump, why then do you insist on sticking with Hillary, when the polls all agree Sanders would beat him?  Reality.

Because the polls are skewed by the fact that no one is attacking Sanders.  In fact, Trump and republicans are promoting Sanders.  This would obviously change if he were to win the nomination.  

Hell, Sanders isn't even self-aware enough to realize that he is being trolled by Fox News when they asked him to attend a debate yesterday.  He doesn't even realize that he is being used as a pawn for the republican party.  Think about it.  The primary is sewn up at this point.  Sanders cannot possibly overcome the 3 million vote deficit that exists between he and Clinton.  The only way he could win the nomination at this point is if the DNC were to completely disregard the voters and use superdelegates to give Sanders the nomination - which would be beyond idiotic.  Being that the case, there is absolutely no need for a debate at this point in the primary just as there is no need for another republican debate.  

But Sanders isn't even aware enough to realize that, and he accepts a debate invitation from...Fox News!  I'm sure Fox news is being genuine there, right, Wordslinger?  Fox News has no interest in seeing rifts created in the democratic party even though the primary is a wrap, do they?  Of course not!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/05/bernie-sanders-fox-news-democratic-debate-223337

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Fox News were to set up their on Bernie super PAC.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The latest polls show Hillary and Trump neck and neck, and in some cases Trump is ahead.  Her acceptability is falling fast and Trump's is rising.

Sal and Boards, you obviously can't stand Trump, why then do you insist on sticking with Hillary, when the polls all agree Sanders would beat him?  Reality.

Because the polls are skewed by the fact that no one is attacking Sanders.  In fact, Trump and republicans are promoting Sanders.  This would obviously change if he were to win the nomination.  

Hell, Sanders isn't even self-aware enough to realize that he is being trolled by Fox News when they asked him to attend a debate yesterday.  He doesn't even realize that he is being used as a pawn for the republican party.  Think about it.  The primary is sewn up at this point.  Sanders cannot possibly overcome the 3 million vote deficit that exists between he and Clinton.  The only way he could win the nomination at this point is if the DNC were to completely disregard the voters and use superdelegates to give Sanders the nomination - which would be beyond idiotic.  Being that the case, there is absolutely no need for a debate at this point in the primary just as there is no need for another republican debate.  

But Sanders isn't even aware enough to realize that, and he accepts a debate invitation from...Fox News!  I'm sure Fox news is being genuine there, right, Wordslinger?  Fox News has no interest in seeing rifts created in the democratic party even though the primary is a wrap, do they?  Of course not!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/05/bernie-sanders-fox-news-democratic-debate-223337

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Fox News were to set up their on Bernie super PAC.

Bds' logic here is hard to argue with, wordslinger. Especially the part about how Trump has not gone after Sanders. If Sanders had been the front-runner, rather than a spoiler, Trump would be ranting about "Psycho Bernie" and "Commie Bernie" at every rally.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You have to understand how Wrastlin works.  Once Trump took on the role of Hulk Hogan,  he will continue to be wearing one of these belts.
Why? Because it's gold plated, same as the faucets in his airplane's shitter.

For Boards and Sal:  If you're happy with America under Obama, I understand why you like Hillary! - Page 2 Rainbow1x500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum