Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will somebody please tell Trump to stop saying "that I can tell you..." to begin every sentence

+3
Floridatexan
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

He was saying it in that taped phone conversation 25 years ago that he denies is him and he's still saying it.
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"
"that I can tell you"

It's as bad as hearing some gang thug say "know what I'm sayin" in every sentence.

"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"  
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"  
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"  
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"  
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"  
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"
"know what I'm sayin"

2seaoat

I never noticed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I never noticed.

Actually I haven't either. I've never heard him say that. I just made that up to see if you're paying attention.
You passed the test.

2seaoat

I do not listen to the radio unless I am in the car. I have not watched cable or direct TV for a month, and only ABC out of Pensacola. My internet was interrupted and limited for the last thirty days. I am now back to normal and got to watch game of thrones and I now have bandwidth and internet......so in the last month trump could have been saying anything.....and I would have been in the dark.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

One of my pet peeves is "just sayin'".

Will somebody please tell Trump to stop saying "that I can tell you..." to begin every sentence Policestuff_2415_13165247383

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: in the last month trump could have been saying anything.....and I would have been in the dark.

Has nothing to do with the last month. As I pointed out already, he was even saying "that I can tell you" in the taped conversation where he was pretending to be someone else. And that was 25 years ago. AND, he's been saying it over and over since last June.

Sal

Sal

He was at it again today ....

Cameron had voiced his opposition to a potential Trump presidency, calling Trump’s proposed ban on Muslims “stupid, divisive, and wrong.”

“I’m not stupid – okay?” Trump responded on ITV’s Good Morning Britain Monday. “I can tell you that right now. Just the opposite.”

Trump also accused Khan, London’s first Muslim mayor, of making some “very rude statements” and affirmed, “I will remember those statements.” He also challenged the mayor to an IQ test.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/im-not-stupid-okay-trump-hits-p-m-cameron-for-insults-challenges-london-mayor-to-iq-test/

polecat

polecat

Will somebody please tell Trump to stop saying "that I can tell you..." to begin every sentence Img_2011

LOLGOP

This election is definitely a contest to see how many times we can get trump to say, "I'm not stupid,OK?"

polecat

polecat

RNC Chairman says no one cares if Donald Trump mistreats women, unless he does it a bathroom in North Carolina, then it would be really bad. - The Daily Edge

Look, Trump's policy on the minimum wage has been very consistent-- he will raise AND get rid of the minimum wage AND let the States decide.- Tea Party Cat

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yea it's either "I can tell you...",  or "That,  I can tell you...".

When he prefaces it with the "that",  it's because he's just stated what he's going to repeat again after he says "that,  I can tell you...  blah blah blah".

After hearing it a thousand times, it's getting goddamn annoying.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And that brings up another point.  This dude also has a horrible habit of repeating himself.  And not later in a conversion.  He has a habit of repeating the same thing right after he's said it once already.

For example,  it goes like this...

"We're going to build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.  That,  I can tell you.  Mexico is going to pay for it and we're going to build the wall."  

Equally annoying because he does this shit over and over again.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat wrote:RNC Chairman says no one cares if Donald Trump mistreats women, unless he does it a bathroom in North Carolina, then it would be really bad. - The Daily Edge

Look, Trump's policy on the minimum wage has been very consistent-- he will raise AND get rid of the minimum wage AND let the States decide.- Tea Party Cat

That last one is literally true. He has the uncanny ability to take opposite positions in the same sentence. He told bill O'Reilly he was going to raise taxes AND lower taxes all in the same sentence.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of the things he's built his whole campaign on is the notion that he's self-financed and doesn't take money from donors and special interests.

In fact this has been so important to his cult, that when he's said the other wacky stuff like for example John McCain is not a hero because he got captured, I will then listen to talk radio and the response by the diehard cult members is usually "yea but he's self-financing and not taking special interest money so that's what I really like about him".
And when they interview people going to his rallies, they usually fall back on that as the thing that trumps everything when it comes to supporting him.

But now, he's thrown all that and all of them under the bus if he takes that $100 million contribution from that evil old asshole Sheldon Adelson.
For christs sake, will his cult even give him a pass on that too?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05/15/myth-donald-trumps-self-funded-campaign-officially-dead.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I never noticed.

Will somebody please tell Trump to stop saying "that I can tell you..." to begin every sentence That_i15

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

According to this, he took $150,000 after 9/11 intended for small businesses, even though his Wall Street company didn't fit the criteria.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/new-york-democrat-seeks-post-911-refund-donald-trump?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Tip of the iceberg.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
According to this, he took $150,000 after 9/11 intended for small businesses, even though his Wall Street company didn't fit the criteria.  

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/new-york-democrat-seeks-post-911-refund-donald-trump?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Tip of the iceberg.

So where are all the reporters who should be exposing the REST of the iceberg?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/what-trump-didnt-say-about-his-four-big-business-bankruptcies/2015/08/07/bc054e64-3d12-11e5-9c2d-ed991d848c48_story.html

There are numerous articles out there...just Google 'Trump bankruptcy'...there are also...let's call them Trump trolls...attempting to discredit the articles or somehow legitimatize Trump's business activities. But the fact is he left a whole slew of bond holders, investors, buyers and former employees in his wake.

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/what-trump-didnt-say-about-his-four-big-business-bankruptcies/2015/08/07/bc054e64-3d12-11e5-9c2d-ed991d848c48_story.html

There are numerous articles out there...just Google 'Trump bankruptcy'...there are also...let's call them Trump trolls...attempting to discredit the articles or somehow legitimatize Trump's business activities.  But the fact is he left a whole slew of bond holders, investors, buyers and former employees in his wake.

You're both right.

The info is out there if you want to look for it, but the media is not actively promoting it.

They want a horse race for ratings purposes, and properly vetting the candidates is hardly even a consideration.

Trump is so thoroughly disreputable and corrupted that he wouldn't register in the polls if the low info crowd weren't so damned ignorant.

But, they'll gladly print another Hillary nothingburger nontroversy, if it will pull the polls a little closer.

The Fourth Estate is in pitiful shape.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nationalmemo.com/trumps-incestuous-intertwining-organized-crime/?utm_source=National+Memo+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=68d79a5b46-Morning_Memo_5_31_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8f8e3f883b-68d79a5b46-153058277

Sal

Sal

The most incredible thing to me is that Trump is out there baselessly accusing Bill Clinton of sexually assaulting women, while Trump himself has been accused by his ex-wife of raping her as punishment for recommending a painful scalp surgery to conceal his balding, and the press has largely ignored it.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:The most incredible thing to me is that Trump is out there baselessly accusing Bill Clinton of sexually assaulting women, while Trump himself has been accused by his ex-wife of raping her as punishment for recommending a painful scalp surgery to conceal his balding, and the press has largely ignored it.

I've wondered where the exes have been in all this -- why they haven't been speaking out themselves, as they surely know this person better than anyone -- and wondered if it weren't that divorce settlements precluded their speaking about their lives with the Donald.

Certainly a tell-all TV interview with one of them would bring a HUUUUGE ratings boost, but not to be, apparently.   Too bad.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

They want a horse race for ratings purposes

Of course they do.  
And what makes it stupefying is listening to Rush Limbaugh today beating on the same thing every right-wing commentator constantly beats on.  That's when they tell us "the media is doing everything it can to bring down Trump and elect Hillary".
How naive.  Or how completely dishonest.  Or probably both.
The media is no different than any other for-profit corporation.  And Trump is to today's media what the Beatles were to yesterday's media.  Trump is the hook that all of a sudden is bringing in record audiences and record profits.  
To actually believe the media is trying to "bring down" Trump would be the same thing as believing Wrastlin really did want to "bring down" Randy Savage.
In other words,  the real world does not work like Rush Limbaugh says.  Rush is getting paid $10 million/year to tell his audience what he knows the audience wants to believe.  That's all.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and one more thing.  When some infotainment (aka "News") folk confront Trump on the Veteran contribution thing,  and when Trump reacts by calling these folk "sleaze",  that is itself an example of a ratings grabber for the media companies.  This is all a throwback to something that was invented over a hundred years ago.  By P.T. Barnum.  
The only difference is Barnum presented his show as entertainment.  He wasn't trying to rule the country with it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There really are parallels to what's happening now with what happened in pre-war Nazi Germany.  But I've been telling myself how absurd it would be to think Trump could become a dictator because he could never get the military to go along with him.  And without the military on board there can be no dictator.

But just recently it's started to occur to me how much attention and focus he's been giving in attempt to win over the military.  Let's hope that winning over the military is nothing but a Trump pipedream.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum