Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Focus: Local Non-Partisan Races--ECUA Board

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am so pissed-off at the ECUA Board, that I unloaded both barrels on Vicki Campbell, District 1 ECUA Board member this afternoon.

First, I asked her by email when the ECUA Household Hazardous Waste Pickup program was discontinued, and why the ECUA website has not yet been updated to tell rate-payers that they must now haul any hazmat stuff kept in their garages to the landfill?

The ECUA has become a bad joke in our community. Anyone who votes for an incumbent ECUA Board member in November--3 of the 5 are up for re-election in November--are doing this county a great disservice. All 5 of current members need to be sacked.

They will no longer pick-up your old paint cans, etc. Their regular recycling program has been non-functional for the last year or two, and this North Hill sewage tank scandal is only a portion of a bigger scandal. The bigger scandal is that North Hill is but one place where ECUA intended to secretly erect monstrous sewage storage tanks, with little public input. The folks in North Hill at least got wind of ECUA's plans BEFORE construction began, and were able to challenge it. The people living in my MIL's neighborhood off Michigan Avenue in Bellview had no voice at all in the huge tank ECUA quietly started building 250 feet from her front door (photo credit to the PNJ):

Focus: Local Non-Partisan Races--ECUA Board 635936755536583429-IMG-8673

I told Ms. Campbell that ECUA erected this tank a stone's throw away from my MIL's front door with no inputs at all from she or her neighbors. I told her that the ECUA Board has lost touch with and is no longer serving our community well, and that it was my opinion that all 5 of current members should be replaced by the voters.

THROW THE INCUMENT BOARD OUT!!!!

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 5/3/2016, 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

What zoning did they have prior to acquiring the property because if they changed the zoning your mil should have received a notice, and if the zoing was industrial.....your mil was probably out of luck as the zoning may have been in compliance with storage tanks.

2seaoat

If they do not have a plan for hazardous waste which is better than driving to a landfill to properly dispose of it......folks are going to simply put them in garbage bags and the quality of the environment will degrade. Some programs cost money and do not pay for themselves, but the potential harm to society is far greater than saving a few pennies.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:What zoning did they have prior to acquiring the property because if they changed the zoning your mil should have received a notice, and if the zoing was industrial.....your mil was probably out of luck as the zoning may have been in compliance with storage tanks.

It is zoned commercial, though there is no road frontage on the land parcel where the tank was erected. It is completely surrounded by residential areas, and stands less than 100 feet from the wall of the attached home you see in the photo. They cleared the land and started quietly building the tank and a pump house in January, with no signage erected or anything. Well, when the North Hill plans hit the media, ECUA did erect a very small sign near the access entrance to their Bellview land parcel.

One of the neighbors there apparently said that ECUA strong-armed the property owner where they wanted to erect the tank, telling him if he did not accept their offer for the land, they would acquire it using eminent domain.

That tank has vent ports all along the top rim, and if they ever use it, it is going to stink to high-heaven.

The folks in Newport Place, the Bellview neighborhood where my MIL lives, are just common low to middle class folks. They were not going to be as vociferous as the people over in North Hill, so I am sure ECUA smugly thought their Bellview tank would get a pass.

The entire ECUA Board is corrupt and needs to be changed. I had to edit my post above as I was communicating with Vicki Campbell, of ECUA district 1; not a 'Carolyn Johnson'.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:If they do not have a plan for hazardous waste which is better than driving to a landfill to properly dispose of it......folks are going to simply put them in garbage bags and the quality of the environment will degrade.  Some programs cost money and do not pay for themselves, but the potential harm to society is far greater than saving a few pennies.

I agree. We did not use this service much, but it was convenient when it was available.

2seaoat

We had an uproar in an area near my offices in Illinois when the power company had a plan to extend high voltage towers. They stopped the towers, but the utility just bought huge wood poles and reworked the utility lines such that high voltage was at the very top, and folks who had been complaining about the towers unsightly now have huge voltage running through their front yards......it is hard to stop highways, pipelines, and utilities.

2seaoat

Commercial zoning will not cut it. I am unaware of any commercial zoned property which allows storage tanks unless there was a special use which would have required a public hearing and folks within a certain distance by ordinance need to receive notice. I would start by asking for a freedom of information packet on all zoning hearing effecting the property, and ask the zoning administrator to give you a zoning letter for the property which if a special use was passed, they should have the certified mail receipts that your mIL got notice. If they failed on this, I think your MIL could ask them to purchase her house if they violated the zoning ordinance. My guess is that they may have done a sneaky trick which is to pass a global ordinance at the county level which exempts certain restrictions on commercial property and allows storage tanks. However, even a global ordinance change requires publication which they would have to produce.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Commercial zoning will not cut it.  I am unaware of any commercial zoned property which allows storage tanks unless there was a special use which would have required a public hearing and folks within a certain distance by ordinance need to receive notice.   I would start by asking for a freedom of information packet on all zoning hearing effecting the property, and ask the zoning administrator to give you a zoning letter for the property which if a special use was passed, they should have the certified mail receipts that your mIL got notice.  If they failed on this, I think your MIL could ask them to purchase her house if they violated the zoning ordinance.  My guess is that they may have done a sneaky trick which is to pass a global ordinance at the county level which exempts certain restrictions on commercial property and allows storage tanks.  However, even a global ordinance change requires publication which they would have to produce.

Unfortunately, there are no 'Seaoats' in that neighborhood who would know how to do what you suggested. I am surprised no high flying lawyers have not attached themselves to this issue. I still stand on my notion that Lois Benson and her board of crooks need to pay at the voting booth.

2seaoat

I do not think you need a seaoat.....you just need to ask a few questions and you may find out that this storage tank did not comply with statute or ordinance. If that happened, turn it over to a good lawyer who would probably contact all the adjacent property owners and seek buyouts of their property.....I am kind of a sick pup......I do not know if the tank would bother me if there was no smell. I would rather have a tank as a neighbor who does not play loud music, not fix their muffler, and park their rv in the front yard next to the two junked cars....please visit navarre north of 98.....it is a nightmare of slum dwelling where I would prefer a few sewage tanks, and maybe some good drainage and retention.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I got a flyer in the mail today from Jim Faxlanger. He is a retired Navy Chief who is running against Vicki Campbell in the Republican primary in August.

After reading his letter, I emailed him and told him he would get two votes from our house. The entire ECUA Board has lost touch with Pensacola and needs to be voted out.

Here is another view of the miscreation ECUA erected with no public input just 250 feet from my elderly mother-in-law's front door.

Focus: Local Non-Partisan Races--ECUA Board Ecua_t10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

www.jimfaxlanger.com

https://www.facebook.com/Jim-Faxlanger-for-ECUA-District-1-875762125852471/

Focus: Local Non-Partisan Races--ECUA Board Faxlan10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum