Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans are Assholes - Part Eleventy Billion and One

+4
dumpcare
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

What a total dick move ....

Gov. Paul LePage vetoed a bill Wednesday that would allow pharmacists to dispense an anti-overdose drug without a prescription, saying that allowing addicts to keep naloxone on hand “serves only to perpetuate the cycle of addiction.”

The Legislature passed the bill “under the hammer” – or unanimously without a roll call – this month as part of lawmakers’ attempts to address Maine’s growing opioid addiction epidemic.

The legislation would also allow police and fire departments to obtain a supply of naloxone and provides immunity to pharmacists or health care professionals who dispense the antidote when “acting in good faith and with reasonable care.”

But in his veto letter sent to lawmakers on Wednesday, LePage said the bill would allow pharmacists “to dispense naloxone to practically anyone who asks for it.”

“Naloxone does not truly save lives; it merely extends them until the next overdose,” LePage wrote, repeating a contention that has caused controversy before. “Creating a situation where an addict has a heroin needle in one hand and a shot of naloxone in the other produces a sense of normalcy and security around heroin use that serves only to perpetuate the cycle of addiction.”

Pharmacy chains such as Rite Aid and CVS already dispense naloxone without a prescription in other states. About 30 states allow sales of the drug without a prescription.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/04/20/lepage-vetoes-bill-aimed-at-increasing-access-to-heroin-anti-overdose-drug/

Vikingwoman

He would rather they died of their overdose as a punishment. It's hard to process that kind of thinking.

A pharmacist knows more than doctors about medications so I'm thinking the governor does not have the authority to make any medical decision over a medication. Would not take too much digging to find doctors behind this since they would not be getting the kickback from a prescription drug.

Sal

Sal

Vikingwoman wrote:He would rather they died of their overdose as a punishment. It's hard to process that kind of thinking.

The idea that the primary role of government is to facilitate the punishment of the unworthy, that's straight Republican worldview.

It's disgusting.

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:A pharmacist knows more than doctors about medications so I'm thinking the governor does not have the authority to make any medical decision over a medication.  Would not take too much digging to find doctors behind this since they would not be getting the kickback from a prescription drug.

Are you unfamiliar with LePage?

He has a long history of being a dick for the sake of it.

This is being allowed in 30 states already, so I seriously doubt the doctors in Maine are behind it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

They may die anyway....if the injection does not work immediately it needs to be repeated every few minutes until medical personnel arrive. 

Are druggies using the buddy system? A severe overdose would require a second person to administer the drug.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:They may die anyway....if the injection does not work immediately it needs to be repeated every few minutes until medical personnel arrive. 

Are druggies using the buddy system? A severe overdose would require a second person to administer the drug.

Who gives a shit?

If it saved one person, wouldn't it be worth the effort?

If you hadn't noticed our country is in the midst of an epidemic of opiate addiction and overdose.

Your lack of compassion for your fellow man is completely in keeping with the rest of your lack of character.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:They may die anyway....if the injection does not work immediately it needs to be repeated every few minutes until medical personnel arrive. 

Who gives a shit?

If you hadn't noticed our country is in the midst of an epidemic of opiate addiction and overdose.

Your lack of compassion for your fellow man is completely in keeping with the rest of your lack of character.

Are you trying to tell me you actually give a shit? I suspect it is strictly political with you.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Are you trying to tell me you actually give a shit? I suspect it is strictly political with you.

Yes, I do give a shit.

Addiction is an insidious disease, and I've seen too many people suffer and die from it.

I see addicted people as fellow human beings that deserve compassion and treatment for their afflictions.

You see addicted people as criminals and undeserving of humanity.

This is because you're a sorry sack of shit.

Salinsky wrote:
SheWrites wrote:A pharmacist knows more than doctors about medications so I'm thinking the governor does not have the authority to make any medical decision over a medication.  Would not take too much digging to find doctors behind this since they would not be getting the kickback from a prescription drug.

Are you unfamiliar with LePage?

He has a long history of being a dick for the sake of it.

This is being allowed in 30 states already, so I seriously doubt the doctors in Maine are behind it.

Nope, not familiar with him.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Yes, I do give a shit.

Addiction is an insidious disease, and I've seen too many people suffer and die from it.

I see addicted people as fellow human beings that deserve compassion and treatment for their afflictions.

Keep your nasty little comments to yourself....no need to act like a tough guy.

You assume the overdose victim will be capable of administering of the medication. If it is an oral medication perhaps.....but it didn't save Prince.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Well, if republicans actually cared about their fellow man and made decisions in that respect there would be no need to scorn them. It is their lack of empathy in their political party that associates them politically.

dumpcare

You put all republican's in the same boat just as republican's put democrat's in the same boat. While I think there are asshole's on both sides, yes I do agree this guy is an asshole.

I also agree a big backer of Jeb is putting up 10 million to squash medicinal marijuana in Florida, his name I believe is Sempler or simple out of Tampa. He is an asshole too.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Will this medication be covered under all insurance plans?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:You put all republican's in the same boat just as republican's put democrat's in the same boat. While I think there are asshole's on both sides, yes I do agree this guy is an asshole.

Now the forum democrats (especially seaoat) are going to say "you're a fence sitter who believes you're better than everybody else" lol

dumpcare

Well I am Bob. That's why when I come over I demand we go out to your fence.

Joani, who knows? Well just looked it up it sure is covered under Bob's and my plan as a Tier 2 non-preferred generic.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Yes, I do give a shit.

You assume the overdose victim will be capable of administering of the medication. If it is an oral medication perhaps.....but it didn't save Prince.

Prince had the FLU!!! It's possible that he suffered adverse effects from a flu vaccine because he was EPILEPTIC.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Well I am Bob. That's why when I come over I demand we go out to your fence.

Joani, who knows? Well just looked it up it sure is covered under Bob's and my plan as a Tier 2 non-preferred generic.

It is covered without a prescription provided by a physician?

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well I am Bob. That's why when I come over I demand we go out to your fence.

No, but otc meds are not.

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:

No, but otc meds are not.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote: He is an asshole too.

And, a Republican.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Yes, I do give a shit.

Prince had the FLU!!!  It's possible that he suffered adverse effects from a flu vaccine because he was EPILEPTIC.

Did he have a flu vaccine at the end of flu season?

dumpcare

It was said on one news site he was treated for the flu last week but the hospital said it was a drug overdose, treated him and wanted him to stay but went home. So these are probably all speculations.

Vikingwoman

I find it difficult to believe he had the flu when he gave a two hour performance supposedly that evening after going to the hospital.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Percocet flu.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum