Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some...say I should be banned because I post SPAM. A demonstrable untruth.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Newsgroup and forum[edit]
Main article: Newsgroup spam
Newsgroup spam is a type of spam where the targets are Usenet newsgroups. Spamming of Usenet newsgroups actually pre-dates e-mail spam. Usenet convention defines spamming as excessive multiple posting, that is, the repeated posting of a message (or substantially similar messages). The prevalence of Usenet spam led to the development of the Breidbart Index as an objective measure of a message's "spamminess".

This is universally accepted standard description of spam.  Notice it does not include repeated posts, of different topics with which I vehemently disagree and do not want others to see as well.

A cancel index measures the dissemination intensity of substantively identical articles. If the index exceeds a threshold the articles are called newsgroup spam. They can then be removed using third party cancel controls.

Crossposting is the act of posting the same message to multiple newsgroups
Multiposting is the act of posting the same contents multiple times

The principal idea of the Breidbart-Index is to give these methods different weight.[1] With a crossposted message less data needs to be transferred and stored. And excessive crossposts (ECP) are also a likely beginner's error, while excessive multiposts (EMP) suggest deliberate usage of special software.
The crucial issue is categorizing multiple articles as substantively identical.[2]

This includes
byte-for-byte identical messages
otherwise identical postings minimally customized for each group it appears in
advertising the same service
articles that consist solely of the same signature
articles which consist of inclusions of other user's postings, but are otherwise identical

According to this, my good friend BoardsofFL should be banned for repeated posting of the jobs report and repeated posts attacking me personally

Wordslinger must be banned for repeated identical posts denigrating all people of faith.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming#Newsgroup_and_forum

Telstar

Telstar

Rolling Eyes

Sal

Sal

Desperation setting in.

Salinsky wrote:Desperation setting in.

Nah, running polls to see who gets banned is desperation

Markle

Markle

What? wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Desperation setting in.

Nah, running polls to see who gets banned is desperation

True, especially after you've lost the first poll. You come back with another and change the rules.

Maybe BoardsofFL should have added SUPER DELEGATES as in the Democrat Party so the actual vote of the people is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant.

I'm sure he has them at the ready.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum