Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pretty weak now

+2
knothead
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pretty weak now Empty Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 5:38 pm

2seaoat

I am not ready to put up the white flag.....but I could not get a hydraulic hose off a piece of equipment today......I once was as strong as a bull......it is really hard to realize that my door is quickly closing, and these projects have kept me productive and happy, but I had to have my wife drive the attachment back over to the rental place to disconnect the trencher so I could put the bucket on a walk behind........I am inside laying down exhausted.....I knew this day would come.....I have tried to ignore my loss of strength, but I am afraid it is a general trend, and the escalator is going down. No regrets, but today the reality of being so weak and helpless is making this day a bit tougher than I expected......I am afraid the tumor load is clearly speaking now, and no matter how much of a miracle the shots and surgeries have been I am about to be sedentary and done with my projects.

2Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 6:01 pm

knothead

knothead

Sorry Mr. Oats . . . . growing weaker after what you have been through is not unexpected but you know that . . . . give yourself some quiet time to process and reconcile . . . . it doesn't mean you are "done" but it may mean you have to accept some limitations . . . . . some will annoy you but acceptance of growing weaker will not permit you clear land and overhaul equipment . . . just chill and give your body a rest, ok?

3Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 6:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Knot is right.....face your limitations.

4Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 6:07 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling low. But you have before and bounced back. So keep expecting that to happen again.

I'll try not to be as nice... your aggravation level just may be too low. Hang in there.

And lest we forget... it was boards that acted like a nazi and stomped off. I don't think even sal agreed with him... but in true butt buddy fashion stomped off after him. They need to pull up their big boy pants and quit crying over spilled milk.

(sry... I thght seagoat had written this in the thread about sal's son)

5Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 6:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think Boards got a reality check over Labron....the Greatest Player on the Planet, as touted was just a very good player and nothing more. He chastised Seaoat and of course me, an opinionated female, over our disagreement with him....really wasn'the a disagreement....we were wrong and Boards was right...according to him.

6Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 7:00 pm

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:I think Boards got a reality check over Labron....the Greatest Player on the Planet, as touted was just a very good player and nothing more. He chastised Seaoat and of course me, an opinionated female,  over our disagreement with him....really wasn'the a disagreement....we were wrong and Boards was right...according to him.

BTW, who do yall think is gonna win the Big Dance? I have to go with NC . . .

7Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 7:13 pm

I'd like to see that kid from oklahoma light em all up... but realistically I think unc has the best shot now.

8Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 7:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think UNC

9Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 7:46 pm

knothead

knothead

Holy crap . . . . . we have consensus . . . . that's scary! LOL

10Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 7:50 pm

As long as seagoat doesn't pick them I like their chances... lol.

11Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 8:07 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:As long as seagoat doesn't pick them I like their chances... lol.

That'll make him perk up . . . lol!

12Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/30/2016, 10:51 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Come on Seaoat....pick Syracuse.

13Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 11:49 am

2seaoat

Come on Seaoat....pick Syracuse.

Honestly....I have not even watched my beloved Bulls or more than one half of a Kansas game.....too damn weak to get any of my work done, and too damn tired at the end of each day to watch much TV. I have to get some things approved between now and the 14th, and then I am going to relax......so I hate to be such a downer, but I am not having much fun right now, and the grandkids are still here, but have only gotten one day to break away and see them on the beach, and they leave tonight. The other set of grandkids spent the week in St. George Island, and my wife is stuck helping my weak asz, and did not get to go over and visit.

14Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 1:50 pm

knothead

knothead

Hang in there Mr. Oats . . . . . hang in there . . . . I know how hard you are trying . . . .

15Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 3:05 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Seaoat, how many terminal cancer patients in the U.S. are actively engaging in major construction projects right now?

As your physical abilities leave you, you learn to adjust. You figure out new ways to get things done, and you start relying on other people to help you.

Instead of wearing yourself out, or potentially hurting your now weaker self, stop trying to do the things that are now too hard to do. Hire a young strapping teenage boy who is willing to work for a few bucks, and guide him to finish the work you are trying to do yourself.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

16Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 4:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good advice.

17Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 4:40 pm

knothead

knothead

Ditto . . . . it's his new normal . . . . gotta play the cards you are dealt!!

18Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 4:53 pm

2seaoat

I am having a bed day.  I am resting and sleeping.  This weekend I will trench a two inch water line, two hundred feet of sewer line, and two legs off a 200amp service 150 feet on each leg.  I will get two skids of sod from Carters sod farm, and will run the bobcat as I have five loads of sand........yea, one day I am going to hit the mat, I thought yesterday was that day as I have NEVER not been able to take a hydraulic hose off a piece of equipment.....it was a bad day both physically and mentally, but today I feel a little bit of strength coming back, a couple of very hot showers, cuddling with the dog, and eating dreamsickles until my heart is content, and just ordered some billboard tarps from Ebay for covering a car port.....all just frogs on a lily pad......

Hire someone to help you....

19Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 7:57 pm

Hallmarkgard

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Seaoat, how many terminal cancer patients in the U.S. are actively engaging in major construction projects right now?

As your physical abilities leave you, you learn to adjust. You figure out new ways to get things done, and you start relying on other people to help you.

Instead of wearing yourself out, or potentially hurting your now weaker self, stop trying to do the things that are now too hard to do. Hire a young strapping teenage boy who is willing to work for a few bucks, and guide him to finish the work you are trying to do yourself.

Acceptance.  Dont waste what time you have left on things that weeds and nature will soon take over.  The most important person to your wife and Children is YOU.  Enjoy them   Their memoires of you are forever.  Dont deny them with physical things...

20Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 8:31 pm

RealLindaL

I'll add my voice by agreeing with everything other posters have offered here by way of advice.  We all want seaoat to be around longer, and to spend his remaining time on the things that truly matter in life.

But I think we all know in our heart of hearts that our sea is very much a "did it my way" kind of guy, and that these bits of heartfelt counsel are very likely destined to simply bounce off his back, as we can see by his upcoming work plans.  

So best give it up, guys and gals -- that's my unsolicited advice to you all -- and, if nothing else, just use sea's example to remind yourself of what you don't want to do if/when your own time is approaching.

21Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 8:34 pm

Projects are good for a man. I hope he doesn't overdo it too... but I don't think I'd be happy without several of them.

22Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 9:00 pm

Hallmarkgard

Maybe so but I am talking from experience.  It some ways I used to be like Mr Oats. I worked hard and played even harder.  For me doing so many physical things kelp my mind off of what was really important to me.  My wife and children.  It is easy to get caught up the physical realm.  It is here and now.  I quit drinking, sold all my cars and boats and started in a new direction.  It was hard not doing many of things I liked to do.  All I am saying is to take time to honor those who love you..  They might not always be with you and I will promise you ,you will regret not spending more time with them.  Mr Oats maybe thinking just of his self and not others...  But that is some thing only he knows.   [/b

[b]
the grandkids are still here, but have only gotten one day to break away and see them on the beach, and they leave tonight.

23Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 9:25 pm

2seaoat

I should have been dead two years ago....two years of enjoying family and friends, but what has kept me strong is getting out of my lazy boy and pushing the envelope. I have four marble size tumors in my lungs and a five inch tumor on my liver.......and I am still here staying as active as I can. I spent Saturday with all the grandkids doing an easter egg hunt and hunting alligators.....priceless. I spent all day Easter with the entire family enjoying a wonderful brunch at my daughter's vacation spot on the beach.......I spent monday with the granddaughters on the beach, and then I got back to work.......no regrets, and yes I will get weaker and not be able to continue, but until then I have never been happier, and my grandchildren will not have a memory of me feeling sorry for myself.....they see me pushing the envelope......I worked my whole life exactly like I work now....I find joy in hard physical work, but sadly that time is limited.......so I appreciate the concerns to slow down, but it is just the opposite of what has kept me going, and I prefer to live with vigor until I can't.......of course my battery is recharged and I am half way through that box of 12 creamsickles......so I may have false bravado when I am behind the trencher is when the test will come, but I have my plastic chair....work a bit....sit a bit....enjoy the paradise I am creating, it will be a wonderful monument which will be here long after I pass, and enjoyed by family and friends. It will all make sense when Mrs. Seaoat explains after I leave.

24Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 9:28 pm

Hallmarkgard

No. They will see a guy who spent more time on a damn Hydraulic hose than being at the beach with them. But it is your call . All is good

25Pretty weak now Empty Re: Pretty weak now 3/31/2016, 9:48 pm

2seaoat

The granddaughters found another family with two little girls from Alabama who they played with all week. They are on the road back to Illinois.....I leave the 13th to join them, but they had a wonderful six day beach vacation and they will have only happy memories, and I have a driveway which drains, and another project about to be completed....and the grandkids.....never missed me for a moment because I am always in their lives....that is the advantage of knowing you are sick......but to quit living to meet some preordained ideal, or unnaturally dote on my grandchildren in some death dance.....nope others may have to make excuses about their time allocation with family, that will never be a problem with my life......I will build stairs , design a frame for my floating deck on the park model, get my pedestals installed, pay for my water hookup, build my carport, level five 20 yard sand piles, plant some more grass, get my sewer hookup, get my driveway paved, and be off to the islands cutting grass after spending a wonderful four months working in warmer weather.....now when I am stuck in that Lazy boy and cannot get up....I will have no regrets....none.....because I have created two portals into the natural world which we were blessed to have, and take for granted.....those portals will be here long after I am gone for others to enjoy with their families......again....you will understand after I pass, but for now I think my seventh wonderful orange creamsickle is in order. The wife is painting the last door in the rental house, as we just installed a new washer and dryer, and are about done with this project......small steps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum