Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is really winning the year and a half long election campaign.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well,  on an ordinary night,  Fox News Channel's 8 PM time slot gets about 3 million viewers. 
Last night's farce at 8 PM got 17 million viewers.

And it's even a far better story for CNN and MSNBC.  On a given weeknight,  their 8 PM slot gets about a million viewers.  But the so-called "debate" nights have gotten them as much as twenty times that number of viewers.

And remember,  the ad rates are exponentially greater than ordinary.  They are raking in the money.

But it doesn't stop there.  These year and a half long election campaigns provide all three networks with the easiest content they can produce.  All they need do is get talking heads into the studio to talk.  They don't really have to gather any actual news which is far more difficult and expensive.

They love the fact that our politics is now a complete farce.  And they're helping to keep it that way.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you think the candidates are miserable little douche bags,  you haven't heard what Glenn Beck said on his radio show this morning.

Glenn Beck said if he had been present at last night's debate and "had a knife",  he would have stabbed Donald Trump.
"If I was close enough and had a knife,  the stabbing just wouldn't stop".

I tried to tell you the political process is now akin to "wrastlin".  But nobody wanted to believe me.
This country is in a worse decline than we even imagined.

knothead

knothead

This country is in a worse decline than we even imagined.

I disagree Bob, yes there are problems but we always have had problems. A problem that is obvious is our dear leaders. . . .the gridlock creates a false negative . . . . . . but the country has a bright future if we can survive the nincompoops both local, state and national!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

knothead wrote:This country is in a worse decline than we even imagined.

I disagree Bob, yes there are problems but we always have had problems.  A problem that is obvious is our dear leaders.  . . .the gridlock creates a false negative  . . . . . . but the country has a bright future if we can survive the nincompoops both local, state and national!  

These political and media celebrities are nothing more than a symptom of the real problem,  knothead.   The real problem is a dumbed down American public.
These celebrities could not even exist if there wasn't a huge dumb audience for it.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:

I disagree Bob, yes there are problems but we always have had problems.  A problem that is obvious is our dear leaders.  . . .the gridlock creates a false negative  . . . . . . but the country has a bright future if we can survive the nincompoops both local, state and national!  

These political and media celebrities are nothing more than a symptom of the real problem,  knothead.   The real problem is a dumbed down American public.
These celebrities could not even exist if there wasn't a huge dumb audience for it.

In my mind that translates to apathy . . . . . people bitch but won't vote!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:
Bob wrote:

It's worse than that, as I witnessed today...an older man and woman in conversation...'we have to get rid of the current resident of the White House..." He droned on for several minutes...he sounded BRAINWASHED. That's what I think is happening to people.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I just read an opinion piece that said Hillary Clinton was the winner of last night's GOP debate. LOL!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:
Bob wrote:

It's worse than that, as I witnessed today...an older man and woman in conversation...'we have to get rid of the current resident of the White House..."  He droned on for several minutes...he sounded BRAINWASHED.  That's what I think is happening to people.

Brainwashing is the product of propaganda . . . . in short it yields results . . we all know that the drumbeat of demonizing and denigrating Obama has been in place from the git go . . . . I am not surprised FT not all!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I spent several years in the ad biz. The key word is PERCEPTION.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum