Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will marijuana light up super Tuesday?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/influence-marijuana-super-tuesday-elections

As Super Tuesday fast approaches, I decided to take a look at the influence of marijuana on the voters in the “SEC” states.

Most of the Super Tuesday states are historically red states, and while that might be true today, many of these states are considering passing laws in favor of medical marijuana. Alabama, Georgia and Texas are considering legislation. Others, such as Vermont and Massachusetts, already have medical marijuana and now are considering recreational. Of course, Alaska and Colorado have recreational use.

So, let’s look at the Republicans first. Donald Trump is leading in the polls in every Super Tuesday state that has passed or is considering medical or recreational marijuana. Surprised? Mr. Trump is on record supporting states rights. While he doesn’t favor federal legalization, his pro-states rights just might be enough to fend off his competitors. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are both against medical marijuana.

I ask this question to the candidates, “How do you plan on winning an election if 58 percent of the voters disagree with you?” While I am not saying that the economy, protecting our homeland, as well as foreign policy are not as important for the voter to think about, I am saying that when we go to the voting booths in November, there is a chance that up to 20 states will have ballot incentives for medical or recreational marijuana. How do the candidates except to have someone vote yes for marijuana and then vote for someone who doesn’t support marijuana?

The Democratic side of this is a much easier question to answer, as both Hillary Clinton and Sanders are in favor of states rights. Sanders has proven to be out in front on this issue, submitting the “Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act” in November. Sanders is leading in Massachusetts and Vermont which are both considering recreational marijuana.

Overall, if the Republicans really want to separate themselves from each other and continue to bring new voters, and younger voters out, marijuana just might be the ticket!

- See more at: http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/influence-marijuana-super-tuesday-elections#sthash.SCuyH6ga.dpuf

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote: Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are both against medical marijuana.  

I could not vote for either one of those.  Looks like I'm going to have to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote: Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz are both against medical marijuana.  

I could not vote for either one of those.  Looks like I'm going to have to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

I can't bring myself to vote for either of two, they call out Trump for his taxes and they haven't released their full details. Rubio, I believe only released the first two pages. It doesn't matter to me if a candidate releases their taxes but if one is going to call the other out then by god you better have released them all.

I will have to flip a coin for Trump vs Hillary if they are the nominee's, but if Rubio or Cruz a flip for a write in or Hillary.

knothead

knothead

It's been decades since the Age of Aquarius, Woodstock, and the era of sex drugs and rock n roll so at least the ruling elites are coming around albeit slowly . . . . very slowly to, at some point, begin the process of decriminalization . . . . it's a start. Thanks pp . . .

ps: I sure as hell won't have to flip a coin to tell me who to vote for What a Face

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The wife and I are still registered 'R's and we both will vote for Kasich in the Primary.

However, the last time I voted for a Republican presidential candidate was in 1988....... There have been 6 presidential elections since, and my votes have been: 1 3rd party, 1 write-in, 1 Libertarian, and 3 times for Democrats. I will not vote for Trump, Rubio, or Cruz this cycle.

PD would call me a "RINO." Yep, RINO and proud!

Will marijuana light up super Tuesday? 5241935939_rinos20not20extinct20yet_xlarge

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum