Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S.

+2
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/27/investing/warren-buffett-berkshire-hathaway-annual-shareholder-letter-election/index.html

"Candidates can't stop speaking about our country's problems (which, of course, only they can solve)," he wrote in his annual letter to shareholders, released Saturday morning.

"As a result of this negative drumbeat, many Americans now believe that their children will not live as well as they themselves do. That view is dead wrong: The babies being born in America today are the luckiest crop in history..."

"America's golden goose of commerce and innovation will continue to lay more and larger eggs. America's social security promises will be honored and perhaps made more generous. And, yes, America's kids will live far better than their parents did..."

"Today's politicians need not shed tears for tomorrow's children," he wrote.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Total agreement. This idea of America failing is deeply seeded in the racial strife of the Civil Rights movement and President Nixon's Southern Strategy which now has come to fruition with the crazies finally exploiting the exploiters as the Republican Party bursts at the seems. America is doing just fine. Equality and opportunity will live as a fundamental tenet of this great nation, and the haters will just have to crawl under their rocks and realize that the oligarchs who have leveraged that hate for more theft of America's wealth have just hit a roadblock......Mr. Trump has hijacked the Dixiecrat Party and America wants no part of the facism and fatalism which is their central tenet. Most Americans realize that we are blessed to live in America.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Total agreement.  This idea of America failing is deeply seeded in the racial strife of the Civil Rights movement and President Nixon's Southern Strategy which now has come to fruition with the crazies finally exploiting the exploiters as the Republican Party bursts at the seems.   America is doing just fine.  Equality and opportunity will live as a fundamental tenet of this great nation, and the haters will just have to crawl under their rocks and realize that the oligarchs who have leveraged that hate for more theft of America's wealth have just hit a roadblock......Mr. Trump has hijacked the Dixiecrat Party and America wants no part of the facism and fatalism which is their central tenet.  Most Americans realize that we are blessed to live in America.

That is the mantra we hear from the GOP . . . . . always has been their basic strategy . . . . preach fear, doom and gloom . . . . followed by 'we will save the day like Mighty Mouse'!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is it only JUST the GOP?

This is on Bernie Sanders' homepage...

"millions of Americans work longer hours for lower wages"

"we have the highest childhood poverty rate of nearly any developed country on earth".

Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S. Bernie10
Buffett: Politicians way too negative about U.S. Bernie10

2seaoat

Bernie is absolutely optimistic about America, and telling the truth about Republican failures on trickle down is not the sky is falling but a simple adjustment back from insane tax rate cuts which the Dixiecrats have as a central thesis that black people are getting freebies from the federal government and the only way to save America is to blow it up.......Bernie just wants to fine tune the mistakes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wow some of you liberal democrats are every bit as partisan as markle and pacedog.
I think 99% of the people in this country have lost all ability to judge anything impartially.

2seaoat

I am a Republican. Returning the tax rate to former rates and cutting spending is what Republicans do. Bernie wants to return tax rates, add a wall street transaction tax, and cut defense spending. Sorry, Bob, your fence sitting nonsense does not work on every issue. 2 + 2= 4 not a choice between eight and four.

2seaoat wrote:I am a Republican. Returning the tax rate to former rates and cutting spending is what Republicans do. Bernie wants to return tax rates, add a wall street transaction tax, and cut defense spending. Sorry, Bob, your fence sitting nonsense does not work on every issue. 2 + 2= 4 not a choice between eight and four.

Lol... blaming todays malaise on trickle down... that's an amazing dodge seven years into obama's term.

Then you break into a bernie unicornism that we can tax ourselves into prosperity... lol. Nice impartiality comrade.

From a guy that calls himself a republican no less... lol. You can't make that shit up.

2seaoat

Budgets are priorities. Cutting taxes and starting two wars while high income folks take their capital to buy American productivity and export the same for cheap labor.....no this main street Republican will not be fooled by the propaganda. Main street is empty of small business because wealth has been consolidated and exported from this country.....if you do not get that, not many other economic principles will penetrate the illusion that trickle down wealth transfer and the destruction of the middle class and demand in our GDP demand driven economy rests alone on the Republican mistakes on tax cuts.

2seaoat

Tremors:

[Burt Gummer looks at his bomb shelter for perhaps the last time]

Burt Gummer: Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! Underground... God damn monsters.

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:Wow some of you liberal democrats are every bit as partisan as markle and pacedog.
I think 99% of the people in this country have lost all ability to judge anything impartially.

Bob if it walks like a duck . . . .

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The artic ice sheet is melting more than any time in the last 1,000 years, millions of American children have lead in their bloodstreams from fouled tap water, costs for higher education are still climbing, as are healthcare costs. Property values are hardly rising since the crash, real unemployment -- including those who have given up trying to find a job -- is still high. College graduates are taking start-up jobs at minimum wages, unions are still be driven out of existence, police violence continues to rise, we are experiencing gun massacres of large numbers of innocent victims on a regular basis, militarily we are still losing in Afghanistan and Iraq, our drug costs continue to be the highest in the civilized world, fewer and fewer American women have the ability to choose whether to carry a fetus to term or not, wastage in the military and in the DOD is incredibly high, our bees are dying from the use of agricultural pesticides, the drug wars continue to consume huge sums and the incarceration of drug addicts continues to rise. The death rates from cancer haven't improved much in the past two decades. Etc. Etc. Considering all these factors, what idiot thinks this is America's golden age, and why should we listen?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This has nothing to do with my fence sitting or my anything else because it has NOTHING whatever to do with me.

The OP of this thread is telling us it's ONLY the GOP which is giving us a negative picture of the country.
And then I give you Bernie Sanders OWN WORDS which are absolutely doing the same thing.   And you say Bernie is doing this because I'm fence sitting.

Not only are you uber partisan, seaoat,  you're also unintelligible.  And using terms like "fence sitter" and "dart thrower" to explain away everything is unintelligible.  Next time you get a cancer scan,  you better get them to scan your brain.  I think it's metastisized.  lol

2seaoat

Not my brain......I went to class Bob.....I got an education, and recognize the absurdity of your fence sitting relativism which renders everything unimportant. America is doing just fine. Your fantasy of historical Pensacola and how good it was is an adolescent fantasy and not reality. Bernie is not part of the nihilist who want the federal government destroyed because the federal government freed the black man.....that comes from folks like you who pretend your culture has evolved, but all politicians are bad, all policy is relative, destroy the government.....put the black man back into his place, and Bernie wanting to return tax rates, invest in infrastructure, and tax wall street is Bernie saying America sucks......sorry we will leave that conclusion to Word and you.....most Americans see problems, and most of those problems are fixable with sound policy.....I know PB was attractive to you when you skipped school, but you are suppose to stand on the sand, not fill up the space between your ears.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I am a Republican. 

You CLAIM to be a Republican that's true.  But every time you claim to be a Republican is also when you're giving us a democrat opinion.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I got an education, and recognize the absurdity of your fence sitting relativism which renders everything unimportant.  America is doing just fine. 

How in the name of sense is this the same thing as saying "America is doing just fine"?

"we have the highest childhood poverty rate of nearly any developed country on earth".

Is it your opinion that it's "just fine" for our country to have the most childhood poverty on Earth?   Because if it is,  then you are a heartless monster.  And no amount of fence sitting and Pensacola history will change that.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm starting to realize that some of you Bernie worshippers are about as retarded and brainwashed as the Trump worshippers.

2seaoat

So Bernie suggesting concrete policy in the form of a budget which puts a priority on Americans and returning our middle class, providing health care for all Americans, and stopping the wealth redistribution from the middle class and poor to the wealthy is Bernie folks being retarded.....this from somebody who spent his high school years skipping school and avoiding knowledge to come to the conclusion that all government is bad and corrupt, that there is no difference in policy, and a politician who sets budget priorities which make Americans important.....is retarded......yep....sand between the ears.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No,  seaoat,  it's not Bernie who is retarded,  it's you.

The word salad you just wrote has nothing whatever to do with the point of this fucking thread.  This fucking thread is claiming that ONLY fucking Republicans are painting a negative picture of the country.

But I gave Bernie Sanders own words to show you that he's also painting a negative picture of the country.  Pointing out that our country has the most childhood poverty of any major country on Earth is a fucking negative picture.
It's not ANY of that fucking word salad you like to spew out.
And you are the only fucking "Republican" in the country who has ONLY democrat opinions.  It's surreal.  It's bizarre.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In other words,  seaoat,  you're about as much a republican as that asshole Trump is.  lol

2seaoat

Pulling a republican primary ballot in a few weeks, and Bernie is not saying government is the problem, he is saying it is the solution which is a positive thing which Buffet is referencing.....solutions, not your down home show some historical pictures of an awful time and pretend.....pretend nothing matters.....pretend sitting on the fence saying all politicians are bs is honesty and integrity rather than the selfish got to have everything now or I will throw a hissy fit because everything is impossible......nope, it is the Republicans who have fashioned this view that everything is failing in America and if we only destroy government we can go back to a time of post cards of Pensacola when folks knew their place.....no fence sitting then........sorry Bob, you never sat on the fence.....your agenda has always been obvious......and when called on it, I hear about elevator music and southern rock..........nope it is a Republican thing and the democrats think government can provide solutions to problems....you think nothing can get done........git to the back of the bus boy....we gonna git rid of government because everything sucks.....if you cannot see the difference, it is an intelligence thing, and that probably means less time on the beach.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am a Republican. 

You CLAIM to be a Republican that's true.  But every time you claim to be a Republican is also when you're giving us a democrat opinion.  lol

I'm a Republican, too, Bob. PaceDog would call me and Seaoat RINOs, and poster Markle thinks we both are far-left liberals.

We are GOP moderates who are waiting for our party to start once again giving us candidates who are at least as liberal as Richard Nixon was.
Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Pulling a republican primary ballot in a few weeks...

I already got my Republican Primary ballot by mail, and I have it marked on my calendar to vote and mail it back to David Stafford's office next week.

Kasich still thinks he has a chance if he can take Ohio on Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-super-tuesday/index.html

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 2/28/2016, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

In Illinois I am a Charles Percy/ Dirkson Republican. Always have been. Now in Alabama the haters were always Democrats. However, with the help of Illinois Republicans Americans worked to give equal opportunity to all Americans.....well the Dixiecrats led by Strom Thurmond said no way, we will abandon the big tent, and try to take the Republican Party over under the invite from the Nixon Southern strategy.....well with the nomination of Trump.....they finally reached the promise land. I have ran for office as a Republican. I have always pulled a Republican ballot, but hell will freeze over before I return to my Alabama past of Dixiecrats and hate......and I will vote for Hillary if Kasich does not win, because the Republican Party of Abe, Teddy, and Ike has left the building, and Trump is their poster boy.........fascist hate gets you elected in a Republican Primary.....the race to the bottom. Z came from California which was once a Republican bastion, but when the crazies took over the party.....it is now solid Democrat.

Sal

Sal

The Republican party has been circling the bowl for thirty years.

Trump is just the final turd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum