Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bernie Sanders - "I am not actively involved with organized religion."

+2
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The main point is this: Sanders is the very first presidential candidate to avoid pandering to Christian political dogma.

It's about time somebody stood up and played it straight!!

Wordslinger wrote:The main point is this:  Sanders is the very first presidential candidate to avoid pandering to Christian political dogma.  

Razz Razz Oh no, Wordslinger, he's not pandering to the Millennials one bit.  Laughing

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The main point is this:  Sanders is the very first presidential candidate to avoid pandering to Christian political dogma.  

Razz Razz Oh no, Wordslinger, he's not pandering to the Millennials one bit.  Laughing

Get real, if you can. The "millenials" are hardly hardcore Christian fundamentalists! Try to focus on the thread ...Millenials represent a large segment of Sanders's support, of course he targets them.

But this thread is about Sanders not pandering to the hardcore Christian evangelicals who insist that before an American president takes a dump, he has to kneel and thank Jesus.

Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Get real, if you can.  The "millenials" are hardly hardcore Christian fundamentalists!  Try to focus on the thread ...Millenials represent a large segment of Sanders's support, of course he targets them.

But this thread is about Sanders not pandering to the hardcore Christian evangelicals who insist that before an American president takes a dump, he has to kneel and thank Jesus.

Bernie is a non issue after Iowa and NH.

The millennials will follow him like the hippies of the 60/70s followed McGovern.

And then it all turned conservative...

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Get real, if you can.  The "millenials" are hardly hardcore Christian fundamentalists!  Try to focus on the thread ...Millenials represent a large segment of Sanders's support, of course he targets them.

Bernie is a non issue after Iowa and NH.

Agreed ...

... unless he wins both ...

... and, he might.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:

The millennials will follow him like the hippies of the 60/70s followed McGovern.

Hadn't looked at it that way.  That is a very astute observation.

But it's so true.  The millinneals are doing the same thing our generation did when we were that age.
They're rebelling.

Until this,  I thought the millinneals were hopelessly apathetic.  And compared to the hippies,  they still are.  BUT,  there's now hope for them.

HOWEVER,  as you also point out,  there weren't enough hippies to elect McGovern.

knothead

knothead

I support Bernie . . . . . . . if he loses in the primary I will gleefully support HRC . . . . . stakes are too high . . . . . . remember the Supreme Court nominees . . . . . it is essential to keep the Oval office Democratic to deny the GOP all three branches of our government!

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:I support Bernie . . . . . . . if he loses in the primary I will gleefully support HRC . . . . . stakes are too high . . . . . . remember the Supreme Court nominees . . . . .  it is essential to keep the Oval office Democratic to deny the GOP all three branches of our government!  

Damn straight!

Preach it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Some time ago, I predicted in this forum, that after the primaries, it would be Sanders vs. Trump.

I see no reason to change that prediction.

Hillary and Cruz are both on the slide in Iowa and New Hampshire.

The democratic establishment's ties to Hillary are snapping as the reality of Bernie Sanders meteoric rise becomes fact. Cruz's enemies now include every republican in the house and senate, and the republican establishment is rapidly accepting Trump as their hero.

The choice for America will be a tough old Brooklyn Jew with integrity, or a reality hero for whom leadership is simply another form of self amusement.

Go Bernie, go!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum