Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Homosexual "marriage"

+6
Hospital Bob
gatorfan
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
EmeraldGhost
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:49 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Are you pretending to not see the rest of my post?  You know that everyone can see the rest of my post, right?

I had no intention of addressing the rest of the drivel you posted.

Did you see my edit?  Care to answer the question ... directly.

Here is my answer for the second time as well as my question to you for the fourth time.  

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  Nevertheless, there are in fact people out there who are in fact sexually attracted to inanimate objects.  And as history has steadily shown in the past, if we employ various methods of empirical investigation to explore that phenomenon, I suspect that we could explain such behavior scientifically.  Though, I think it is fairly obvious that this is your attempt to cloud the real issue so that you can avoid answering my very basic question.  Here you are asking me to explain psychology and the brain to you, whereas I'm only asking you to describe your own subjective experience.  Whereas I am no expert in the field of psychology or neuroscience, I would hope that you are at least somewhat versed on your own subjective experience. I can't really set the bar much lower than to assume you are capable of explaining your own life and thoughts.

So I'll try this for a third time.

You are the evidence. Were you born equally attracted to males as you are to females, and it is only due to your resistance of your urges towards males and your moral choice regarding your urges towards females that you call yourself heterosexual?

As I said earlier, I was born innately attracted to females. Was this not the case for you as well?

52Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:50 am

2seaoat

In seventh grade gym class I began have a strong attraction to the female buttocks......they were wearing these stupid blue gym suits.......was I attracted to the gym suits, and was this whole attraction kinky? You seem to think that if I choose buttermilk, and you choose skim milk, my attraction is a kink. You are entitled to your kinks, and I will keep my kinks, but to say Bob's attraction is a kink is to be in self denial about your own......I still like a well formed female buttocks......so I acted on my attraction, had a family and you would say I am normal.....hardly.....

53Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:51 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
Here is my answer for the second time as well as my question to you for the fourth time.  

Assuming 'Bob' had an attraction to masturbating with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way? That it was genetic, somehow?

54Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:52 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: .... You seem to think that if I choose buttermilk, and you choose skim milk, my attraction is a kink.  ...

And there's a genetic component to that, ya think?   Rolling Eyes

If a man wants to masturbate with another consenting adult male ... or with a stuffed animal .... fine by me.   I don't wanna watch .... but behind closed doors, well, that's their business.

But don't expect me to consider such a relationship as being the equivalent of the biologically/evolutionarily driven human relationship we traditionally call marriage .... 'cause it ain't.  It's just a kink. People oughta quit making such a big deal out of it if you ask me.

55Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 12:06 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Liberal-logic-101-103

Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 C47ed1b9de676948f6de8541a0323ddb

Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Homo-liberal-logic

56Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 12:09 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Assuming 'Bob' had an attraction to masturbating with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way?   That it was genetic, somehow?

I would need further information to make a decision on that one way or the other.  No one here will doubt the concept of instinct.  We are all born pre-loaded with certain instincts - some that benefit our survival, some that may or may not have any material effect, and even some that may hinder our survival.   Point being, I don't think anyone here will dispute the concept of innate instinct present from birth.  

Now, obviously not all behavior can be explained by innate instinct present from birth.  Some behaviors are simply learned from the external environment.  How do we tell which is which?  Well, in the case of homosexuality, there are people who state that they knew they were attracted to the same sex as early as grade school - even though they had no prior exposure to or even any comprehension of such behavior, feelings, or desires.  My wife and I have many gay friends, and that is a question that I will often ask them.  "When did you first know?"  The answers generally regress to grade school and they often fire the same question right back at me.  "When did you know you were attracted to females?"  And guess what?  Roughly the same age.  When I look at that, I tend to lean more towards the opinion we all are born with an innate attraction to a particular sex, as that explanation tends to mirror my own subjective experience towards females, as well as the 7 billion other people on this planet who also share the same subjective experience of an innate attraction to a particular sex at a young age.  Well, sans one - at least - who can't seem to answer the question.  

On the other hand, if Tickle ME Elmo is really popular one year and kids are seen masturbating with the toy, in that case I would tend to lean more towards describing that as a learned behavior and somewhat of an isolated phenomena.  

With that said, I don't speak republican-redneckese, so I'll leave you to fit the above explanation into your idea of what a "kink" is.

So there, I have answered your question three times now.  Can we return to my original question?  Here it is for the fifth time.

You are the evidence. Were you born equally attracted to males as you are to females, and it is only due to your resistance of your urges towards males and your moral choice regarding your urges towards females that you call yourself heterosexual?

As I said earlier, I was born innately attracted to females. Was this not the case for you as well?

57Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 12:11 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Assuming 'Bob' had an attraction to masturbating with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way?   That it was genetic, somehow?

I would need further information to make a decision on that one way or the other.  ...

Figgers Rolling Eyes

58Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 12:16 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I would need further information to make a decision on that one way or the other.  ...

Figgers Rolling Eyes

Here is the rest of my post that directly answers your question:

No one here will doubt the concept of instinct. We are all born pre-loaded with certain instincts - some that benefit our survival, some that may or may not have any material effect, and even some that may hinder our survival. Point being, I don't think anyone here will dispute the concept of innate instinct present from birth.

Now, obviously not all behavior can be explained by innate instinct present from birth. Some behaviors are simply learned from the external environment. How do we tell which is which? Well, in the case of homosexuality, there are people who state that they knew they were attracted to the same sex as early as grade school - even though they had no prior exposure to or even any comprehension of such behavior, feelings, or desires. My wife and I have many gay friends, and that is a question that I will often ask them. "When did you first know?" The answers generally regress to grade school and they often fire the same question right back at me. "When did you know you were attracted to females?" And guess what? Roughly the same age. When I look at that, I tend to lean more towards the opinion we all are born with an innate attraction to a particular sex, as that explanation tends to mirror my own subjective experience towards females, as well as the 7 billion other people on this planet who also share the same subjective experience of an innate attraction to a particular sex at a young age. Well, sans one - at least - who can't seem to answer the question.

On the other hand, if Tickle ME Elmo is really popular one year and kids are seen masturbating with the toy, in that case I would tend to lean more towards describing that as a learned behavior and somewhat of an isolated phenomena.

With that said, I don't speak republican-redneckese, so I'll leave you to fit the above explanation into your idea of what a "kink" is.

So there, I have answered your question three times now. Can we return to my original question? Here it is for the fifth time.

59Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 12:42 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
You are the evidence.

Any evidence the example of my personal life might provide would be anecdotal in nature only .... not really valid for the purposes of intellectual discussion/debate.

So, I hear there are some men who get some sort of psycho-sexual something or other out of being dressed up & cared for like a baby.   It's apparently called paraphilic infantilism.  Should we allow these men to be legally adopted as children, claimed as dependents for tax & social security purposes, and afforded all the other societal benefits/protections our government affords to children?   And let's be sure & prosecute/fine any Christian Pre-K school that denies them admission!  After all, you're not an infantilist-phobic are ya, 'Boards"? Not a "hater?" They were born that way ya know .... how dare you deny them their Constitutional rights!

60Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 1:11 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bob wrote:
I'm a card carrying member of the "LGBT".  I was born with the card.
I don't want any more rights than I already have. 

Ghost,

All "born with" meant in that sentence is that I made no choice in being what I am.
But "born with" was a poor choice of words.  As I've posted several times,  there is evidence of a genetic link and also evidence of environmental influences both.  At least that is the latest consensus among those in the field of pyschology. 

So let me restate what I said.  From the time of puberty,  I have had this "abnormality" (if that's a better term for it).  I never ever made any choice to have it.  I just had it. 
The only choice I've ever had,  is whether or not to act on it.  And I already explained that choice to you in another thread. 

61Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 1:11 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
You are the evidence.

Any evidence the example of my personal life might provide would be anecdotal in nature only .... not really valid for the purposes of intellectual discussion/debate.

So, I hear there are some men who get some sort of psycho-sexual something or other out of being dressed up & cared for like a baby.   It's apparently called paraphilic infantilism.   Should we allow these men to be legally adopted as children, claimed as dependents for tax & social security purposes, and afforded all the other societal benefits/protections our government affords to children?   And let's be sure & prosecute/fine any Christian Pre-K school that denies them admission!  After all, you're not an infantilist-phobic are ya, 'Boards"?  Not a "hater?"   They were born that way ya know .... how dare you deny them their Constitutional rights!

There are only two reasons why you would refuse to answer my very straightforward question: 1) You don't want to acknowledge the fact that you were born innately attracted to women, which would invalidate your argument; or, 2) You don't want to concede the fact that you were born innately attracted to men, which would invalidate your argument.

I'll leave the reader to determine which is the case since you're clearly not going to clarify that for us.

See ya later, Forrest!

Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Running-styles-forrest-gump

62Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 1:13 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
You are the evidence.

So, I hear there are some men who get some sort of psycho-sexual something or other out of being dressed up & cared for like a baby.   It's apparently called paraphilic infantilism.   Should we allow these men to be legally adopted as children, claimed as dependents for tax & social security purposes, and afforded all the other societal benefits/protections our government affords to children?   And let's be sure & prosecute/fine any Christian Pre-K school that denies them admission!  After all, you're not an infantilist-phobic are ya, 'Boards"?  Not a "hater?"   They were born that way ya know .... how dare you deny them their Constitutional rights!

You really are an equal opportunity asshole, aren't you?

63Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 1:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
So, I hear there are some men who get some sort of psycho-sexual something or other out of being dressed up & cared for like a baby.

Those might be really good at raising children.  They themselves would be the perfect child role models.

64Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 2:53 pm

Sal

Sal

When you look at EG's obvious fixation with all things LGBT combined with the misogynistic tendencies he displays in regards to Hillary and the Cosby allegations, a pretty clear picture begins to emerge.

65Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:08 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote: .... You really are an equal opportunity asshole, aren't you?  

No bias here. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. (and I try not to call people ugly names in the process)

66Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:10 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:When you look at EG's obvious fixation with all things LGBT blah blah blah

The focus of this topic is the hypocritical flip-flopper candidate Hillary ForSale Clinton.

67Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:15 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:

Ghost,

All "born with" meant in that sentence is that I made no choice in being what I am.
But "born with" was a poor choice of words.  As I've posted several times,  there is evidence of a genetic link and also evidence of environmental influences both.  At least that is the latest consensus among those in the field of pyschology. 

So let me restate what I said.  From the time of puberty,  I have had this "abnormality" (if that's a better term for it).  I never ever made any choice to have it.  I just had it. 
The only choice I've ever had,  is whether or not to act on it.  And I already explained that choice to you in another thread. 

Yup .... "born with" is a bad choice of words when it comes to discussions regarding homosexuality .... just like it would be with a klepto, nympho, people with certain phobias, etc.

Would you agree with me then that homosexuality is just another psychological paraphilia (albeit, perhaps the most common one?)

68Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:  .... You really are an equal opportunity asshole, aren't you?  

No bias here.  I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.   (and I try not to call people ugly names in the process)

On the other hand, I also "calls 'em like I sees 'em. I think I remember you from the PNJ...not in a good way. No bias...just don't really like people who are different from you...got it.

69Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:06 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:
Bob wrote:

Ghost,

Yup .... "born with" is a bad choice of words when it comes to discussions regarding homosexuality .... just like it would be with a klepto, nympho, people with certain phobias, etc.  

Would you agree with me then that homosexuality is just another psychological paraphilia (albeit, perhaps the most common one?)

Klepto refers to a propensity for stealing. Nympho describes a sexual addiction. Homosexuality is none of the above, but a preference for same sex relationships. I've watched the friends of my children grow up. Those that displayed homosexual tendencies have done so from elementary school. I can't go back earlier than that, because I didn't know these kids before then. But there are signs. Homosexuality is not a sickness...just an attraction to the same sex...as old as the human race. It cannot be "cured", because it's not a sickness...it's a natural condition...not a source of shame...and really...just as the sexual relationship of a heterosexual couple...not really your business.

70Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 12:01 am

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:
Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:So, is it your opinion that infertile people and people who do not want children shouldn't be allowed to marry?

I've had the privilege of knowing a few gay couples who adopted, and they are fantastic parents, putting the parenting skills of 90% of the heterosexual couples I know to shame.

I have no doubt that a gay couple can have extraordinary parenting skills.  An issue I have with gay couples adopting children is that, children are extremely cruel.

Do you not believe that the kids of normal couples do not attack the very few children with two mothers or two fathers?

That's a tough, tough row to hoe for children.

I think our children and their children far exceed where their parents and grandparents lack in compassion and acceptance.  I see you point as no issue.

If you don't believe that kids will and do attack a child with gay or lesbian parents, you are living in the Progressive dream world. A world you want to exist but one that does not.

71Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 12:10 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:That's a tough, tough row to hoe for children.

I know a couple whose children are doing just fine.  You see Mr. Markle, most of us on this forum are older.  Kids today are fine with same sex relationships.  The horrible attacks against anything gay when we were children have been replaced by an ambivalence which reflects a reality on the playground and TV.  There was a time that you would not see a black person on a TV commercial, or anything which would suggest gay.  Today you see commercials with same sex couples.  I believe marriage is religious first, so why would I be concerned what Caesar decides is important?  I think it will take fifty or sixty years to find out the impact on children of same sex marriage, and until I see scientific evidence that children are being hurt, I am not going to assume the same.   In this country we have equal protection guaranteed under the constitution, and most of us just want fair treatment.

Why is bullying such a huge deal today along with more kids committing suicide because of the pressure on social media. If you think that it is not worse than 50 years ago when I was in school.

Homosexuals would make up 25% of the population instead of less than 5% if the proportion of them was equal what is on TV today.

72Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 12:17 am

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:The stuffed animal thing was directed at 'Bob', but you can have a crack at it if you like.   If Bob were attracted to having sex with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way, or is it just a kink?

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to a an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  

no it's not.

Are you pretending to not see the rest of my post?  You know that everyone can see the rest of my post, right?

Why not just take a page from the playbooks of Markle and PkrBum and just run away?

People don't "run away" from you. You repeat the same malarkey, call names and behave like a child. You bore people. You can fantasize that they are running but really they are just bored with your response.

73Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 12:22 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:The stuffed animal thing was directed at 'Bob', but you can have a crack at it if you like.   If Bob were attracted to having sex with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way, or is it just a kink?

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to a an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  

no it's not.

Why not just take a page from the playbooks of Markle and PkrBum and just run away?

People don't "run away" from you.  You repeat the same malarkey, call names and behave like a child.  You bore people.  You can fantasize that they are running but really they are just bored with your response.

Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 3915591

74Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 7:58 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

You really weren't paying attention.  I didn't say homosexuality is not a genetic trait.
I said there is evidence to suggest that genetics and environment both can be factors.

But since I have no expertise on the topic and you do,  I wanted to see exactly where the research is now.  And I found this...

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

Of course I realize it's a waste of time to even post this.  You've made up your mind already.   Because you are the expert.  You even know big words like paraphilia. 
Hell I had to look that up.   lol

75Homosexual "marriage" - Page 3 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/21/2016, 8:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the reason I said there is evidence for both origins, ghost.  Genetic and environmental.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/445/study-no-theres-no-evidence-gay-gene-pardes-seleh

In my opinion,  the best take on it at this point anyway,  is the research is inconclusive about what it is exactly that causes homosexuality.

You have an additional theory,  which is that homosexuality is caused by a "kink" (whatever that means). 

So as I said,  there are dozens of theories out there, including teo's and the muslim's theory that it's an abomination and a sin against God.

I don't have any theories.  All I've ever done is have to live with it.  And have to live with all the people who have their theories.  lol

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum