Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Homosexual "marriage"

+6
Hospital Bob
gatorfan
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
EmeraldGhost
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 9:14 am

Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:So, is it your opinion that infertile people and people who do not want children shouldn't be allowed to marry?

I've had the privilege of knowing a few gay couples who adopted, and they are fantastic parents, putting the parenting skills of 90% of the heterosexual couples I know to shame.

I have no doubt that a gay couple can have extraordinary parenting skills.  An issue I have with gay couples adopting children is that, children are extremely cruel.

Do you not believe that the kids of normal couples do not attack the very few children with two mothers or two fathers?

That's a tough, tough row to hoe for children.

I think our children and their children far exceed where their parents and grandparents lack in compassion and acceptance. I see you point as no issue.

27Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 9:23 am

2seaoat

That's a tough, tough row to hoe for children.

I know a couple whose children are doing just fine. You see Mr. Markle, most of us on this forum are older. Kids today are fine with same sex relationships. The horrible attacks against anything gay when we were children have been replaced by an ambivalence which reflects a reality on the playground and TV. There was a time that you would not see a black person on a TV commercial, or anything which would suggest gay. Today you see commercials with same sex couples. I believe marriage is religious first, so why would I be concerned what Caesar decides is important? I think it will take fifty or sixty years to find out the impact on children of same sex marriage, and until I see scientific evidence that children are being hurt, I am not going to assume the same. In this country we have equal protection guaranteed under the constitution, and most of us just want fair treatment.

28Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 9:49 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The only homosexuals I have any personal familiarity with now is two lesbians who've lived together for 30 years.
They're both good folk.  At least in my eyes.  But of course I realize teo and ghost see that with different eyes.  lol

Do I think it's a good idea for a homosexual couple to adopt a child?
Nah.
Yes it's true there's far more acceptance of homosexuality amongst today's heterosexual youth.  But that's a nationwide assessment.
Depends on where you're at.   And these two women don't live "nationwide". They live in the Florida panhandle.
I wouldn't want that child to have to experience what his life would become like for him around here.

29Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 9:56 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I don't have any problem with anyone adopting a child if they do it because they want to help that child grow up with an independent mind able to judge things for themselves. If they want to raise a child up as a political suicide bomber for some freak cause then no....

30Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:02 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:The only homosexuals I have any personal familiarity with now is two lesbians who've lived together for 30 years.
They're both good folk.  At least in my eyes.  But of course I realize teo and ghost see that with different eyes.  lol

Never met a lesbian I liked. I am going to see Melissa Etheridge in Montgomery next month, though.

31Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:05 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So for ghost,  homosexuality is a "kink".  And for you it's a "freak cause".  lol

There may be some idiots whose motivation for adopting a child is to "advance a cause". 
But I would think most do it for the same reason childless heterosexual couples do. 

However,  now that I see homosexuality be summed up as a "freak cause",  that seals it for me.  I now DEFINITELY would not want an adopted child of a homosexual couple to have to grow up in these parts.  That would result in one twisted up human being.

32Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:07 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Never met a lesbian I liked.  

I rest my case.  To attempt to raise that child around here would be sadistic and cruel.

33Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:12 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
And supposing since you were 12 years old you had been sexually attracted to stuffed animals .... would you consider yourself to have been "born that way?"

My point being ... it's just a kink.  Like a lot of other kinks.  And a shared kink does not a marriage make.  There are more biological evolutionary gender specific factors than that.  

So I have to be lying about it because it's just "a kink" that I chose because I thought it would be so cool to be "kinky". 
Or maybe I chose it just because I knew it would piss off people like you.
Besides,  the whole thing is no different than stuffed animals.  Or having sex with animals. 
Well I admit that's one theory you can add to the dozens of other theories out there.  lol

Relax. It's just a kink, Bob. There's no "gay gene" you were born with. There's nothing physically/genetically wrong with you. Lots of people have some weird sexual kink or other.

But it's okay so long as it's between consenting adults & you're not hurting anybody (that doesn't want to be hurt.)

In any case .... you didn't answer my question.

Bob wrote:
And what I really need is for Michelle Bachman to pray over me.

Well, I guess the prayer route could work for you if you're religiously inclined that way and don't want to desire man/man masturbation anymore. However, if you're not religiously inclined and motivated to stop ... then it probably won't.

34Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:13 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Never met a lesbian I liked.  

I rest my case.  To attempt to raise that child around here would be sadistic and cruel.

Around here?   I've only lived in NW Fl for 3 years.

I have met a few gay dudes I liked okay ..... but not in that way, of course.

Lesbians, OTOH, I've thus far found to be mostly unpleasant people ... and yes, I've known a few over the years.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 1/20/2016, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

35Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It may have been a really bad mistake for Donald Trump to say he wants to ban all the muslims.
Because what he didn't count on was that there are so many Americans who think like muslims.  Some of them right here.  lol

36Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:17 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:It may have been a really bad mistake for Donald Trump to say he wants to ban all the muslims.
Because what he didn't count on was that there are so many Americans who think like muslims.  Some of them right here.  lol

I used to have an open mind about Muslims when I didn't know so much about Islam.  Just another religion i thought.  Not particularly helpful, but not particularly harmful in the grand scheme of things.  Well, I've since decided Islam is like a malignant cancer on this earth.  I've come to the conclusion the only solution to radical Islam is isolation/elimination of all Islam ... because ultimately, when you get right down to it, the truth is all Islam is radical/violent Islam.   That's why it's so easy for studied Islamic clerics to radicalize so-called "moderate" Muslims .... all they have to do is point out the truth of what Islam says & commands of believers.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 1/20/2016, 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total

37Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:18 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One of my best and most supportive friends is a lesbian....

38Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:22 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

TEOTWAWKI wrote:One of my best and most supportive friends is a lesbian....

39Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:23 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Why would you ever want to go along with her "freak cause"?  lol

40Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:27 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:

Why would ever want to go along with her "freak cause"?  lol

You know what a freak storm is Bob ?..I used freak in that vein. Something that pops up and does damage without reason.....most people in the other vein seem proud to trumpet their freakishness. They love a parade and getting their freak on...

41Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:40 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:There is no federal constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S. ___ (2015), is a landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court held in a 5–4 decision that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obergefell_v._Hodges

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

Dang it!   Forgot to attribute a quote again.    Rolling Eyes

That last was from Elena Kagan - 2009.

The quote was made prior to the supreme court decision that I posted.

You realize that time moves forward, correct?

42Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:44 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Bob wrote:

I'm a card carrying member of the "LGBT".  I was born with the card.

There's no real evidence of that .... it just suits you to believe that you were "born" that way.

So are you equally attacked to males as you are to females, and you simply make a moral choice to only engage in sexual intercourse with females?  It seems like this would have to be the case in order for what you're saying above to be true.  I mean, your comment only makes sense if you weren't born with an innate attraction to females.  Is that the case?

Let's use your own personal experience as evidence.  I'm curious if a republican would be willing to refer to him self as an unreliable source in the name of towing the ignorant party line of his cynical handlers.

43Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:50 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:

That last was from Elena Kagan - 2009.

The quote was made prior to the supreme court decision that I posted.

[/quote]

Only goes to show how little thought actually went into Obergefell ... that so many who thought so-called gay "marriage" was a ridiculous idea just a few short years ago suddenly came to decide (influenced by the pop culture media) there must be something in the Constitution about it. There isn't.

The Supreme Court has overruled their own poor decisions in the past, don't think it can't happen again.

44Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 10:52 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
So are you equally attacked to males as you are to females, and you simply make a moral choice to only engage in sexual intercourse with females?  It seems like this would have to be the case in order for what you're saying above to be true.  I mean, your comment only makes sense if you weren't born with an innate attraction to females.  Is that the case?

Let's use your own personal experience as evidence.  I'm curious if a republican would be willing to refer to him self as an unreliable source in the name of towing the ignorant party line of his cynical handlers.

And what about the whole stuffed animal thing? Shocked

45Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:03 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

And what about the whole stuffed animal thing?  Shocked

No clue what you're talking about, though my question still stands.

You are the evidence. Were you born equally attracted to males as you are to females, and it is only due to your resistance of your urges towards males and your moral choice regarding your urges towards females that you call yourself heterosexual?

As I said earlier, I was born innately attracted to females. Was this not the case for you as well?

46Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:10 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

The stuffed animal thing was directed at 'Bob', but you can have a crack at it if you like.   If Bob were attracted to having sex with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way, or is it just a kink?

People have all sorts of weird or unusual sexual inclinations or repulsions ... doesn't mean they were born with them.   Homosexual inclinations are just another kink.

Feel free to use the word paraphilia instead of "kink" if you like.

Paraphilias are conditions marked by sexual attraction for objects or people outside the norm.

Definition

A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme. A paraphilia can revolve around a particular object (children, animals, underwear) or around a particular act (inflicting pain, exposing oneself). Most paraphilias are far more common in men than in women. The focus of a paraphilia is usually very specific and unchanging.

A paraphilia is distinguished by a preoccupation with the object or behavior to the point of being dependent on that object or behavior for sexual gratification.

Paraphilias include sexual behaviors that society may view as distasteful, unusual or abnormal. In descending order, the most common are pedophilia (sexual activity with a child usually 13 years old or younger), exhibitionism (exposure of genitals to strangers), voyeurism (observing private activities of unaware victims) and frotteurism (touching, rubbing against a nonconsenting person), while fetishism (use of inanimate objects), sexual masochism (being humiliated or forced to suffer), sexual sadism (inflicting humiliation or suffering) and transvestic fetishism (cross-dressing) are far less common. Some of these behaviors are illegal and those who are under treatment for paraphilias have often encountered legal situations surrounding their behaviors. There is also a category called Paraphilia Not Otherwise Specified to cover paraphilias not falling into the already named diagnoses such as those involving dead people, urine, feces, enemas and obscene phone calls.

47Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:42 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:The stuffed animal thing was directed at 'Bob', but you can have a crack at it if you like.   If Bob were attracted to having sex with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way, or is it just a kink?

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to a an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  Nevertheless, there are in fact people out there who are in fact sexually attracted to inanimate objects.  And as history has steadily shown in the past, if we employ various methods of empirical investigation to explore that phenomenon, I suspect that we could explain such behavior scientifically.  Though, I think it is fairly obvious that this is your attempt to cloud the real issue so that you can avoid answering my very basic question.  Here you are asking me to explain psychology and the brain to you, whereas I'm only asking you to describe your own subjective experience.  Whereas I am no expert in the field of psychology or neuroscience, I would hope that you are at least someone versed on your own subjective experience. I can't really set the bar much lower than to assume you are capable of explaining your own life and thoughts.

So I'll try this for a third time.

You are the evidence. Were you born equally attracted to males as you are to females, and it is only due to your resistance of your urges towards males and your moral choice regarding your urges towards females that you call yourself heterosexual?

As I said earlier, I was born innately attracted to females. Was this not the case for you as well?

48Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:44 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:The stuffed animal thing was directed at 'Bob', but you can have a crack at it if you like.   If Bob were attracted to having sex with stuffed animals .... would you say he was born that way, or is it just a kink?

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to a an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  .... 

No, it's not.

And you didn't answer the question. Was Bob born with a sexual attraction to stuffed animals (or to the YMCA guy who dresses like a cowboy?)

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 1/20/2016, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

49Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:45 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Well, first of all, a sexual attraction to a an inanimate object is in an entirely different universe of discussion from a sexual attraction to the same sex of your same species.  

no it's not.

Are you pretending to not see the rest of my post?  You know that everyone can see the rest of my post, right?

Why not just take a page from the playbooks of Markle and PkrBum and just run away?

50Homosexual "marriage" - Page 2 Empty Re: Homosexual "marriage" 1/20/2016, 11:47 am

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

boards of FL wrote:
Are you pretending to not see the rest of my post?  You know that everyone can see the rest of my post, right?

I had no intention of addressing the rest of your post.   It's irrelevant drivel. My "subjective experience" of human sexuality is irrelevant to an intellectual discussion of same as well.

Did you see my edit?  Care to answer the question ... directly.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 1/20/2016, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum