Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gov. Snyder Caught Lying about When He Learned of Flint's Toxic Water

+2
2seaoat
Floridatexan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://usuncut.com/politics/busted-gov-snyder-caught-lying-flint-toxic-water-lead/

2seaoat

People need to be prosecuted.

knothead

knothead

I am clearly missing something here with the toxic water in Flint. My question is why the Mayor does not take immediate action to revert back to the safe drinking water supply from Lake Huron . . . . . . it seems insane to continue the status quo. Now the city is requesting FEMA assistance which I understand has been denied. Does anyone know if the city has even considered going back to the safe water and stop the bleeding????

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

As Bernie said on last nights debate: big banks and hedge fund companies who brought about the last recession were investigated and several were fined -- but not one executive who directed the crimes was tried or convicted.

The same should apply to elected officials who lie, don't you agree??

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:I am clearly missing something here with the toxic water in Flint.  My question is why the Mayor does not take immediate action to revert back to the safe drinking water supply from Lake Huron . . . . . . it seems insane to continue the status quo.  Now the city is requesting FEMA assistance which I understand has been denied.  Does anyone know if the city has even considered going back to the safe water and stop the bleeding????

Gov. Snyder appointed an emergency manager to take care of problems in Flint, so there was no mayor...and it's not really clear to me why an emergency manager was needed...but the indication is that the move was based on budgetary considerations.  The water from the Flint River was so toxic that it corroded the city's pipes, which caused lead to leach into the water supply (not to mention the water itself), so there was no going back.  President Obama has declared a state of emergency, but it's much too late in the game...children have been permanently harmed by lead poisoning.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/1/15/emergency_for_democracy_unelected_manager_who

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/16/bernie-sanders-michigan-flint-water-supply-lead-crisis-rick-snyder-resignation

Sal

Sal

Gov. Snyder Caught Lying about When He Learned of Flint's Toxic Water TMW2016-01-20color

2seaoat

somebody needs to go to jail......like instantly go to the grand jury in Flint and get an  indictment.....and work up the food chain, until every bastard who sandbagged while they were hurting folks is charged.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:somebody needs to go to jail......like instantly go to the grand jury in Flint and get an  indictment.....and work up the food chain, until every bastard who sandbagged while they were hurting folks is charged.

cheers

Agreed... everyone should be sick and tired of different standards for the ruling elite (govt)... no matter their party.

Infact... I think the standards should be increased for public servants with certain legal/civil protections forfeited.

If you want to be granted public trust... there MUST be accountability.

2seaoat

Lead poisoning is no joking matter as children suffer significant cognitive decline. Life is tough enough coming out of a city which was once prosperous when the Buick plant was operating and now is a shell of what it was, where poverty is the norm. In China, the person who was responsible for this would have already committed suicide.....this governor is probably looking for higher office, but the folks I am really angry at are the environmental protection folks who specifically had the requisite knowledge to know what lead does to kids.

Markle

Markle

Who was in charge of changing from the Detroit water system to the Flint River? NOT the governor Michigan. That was the Democrat Mayor of Flint and the Democrat Commission. NOT the current Mayor, also Democrat but rather the former Mayor, Democrat Dayne Walling.

Seems like a typical Democrat run city being run into the ground.

Why the Republican governor was late coming to the the issue, I have no clue and he should be held responsible.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:Who was in charge of changing from the Detroit water system to the Flint River?  NOT the governor Michigan.  That was the Democrat Mayor of Flint and the Democrat Commission.  NOT the current Mayor, also Democrat but rather the former Mayor, Democrat Dayne Walling.

Seems like a typical Democrat run city being run into the ground.

Why the Republican governor was late coming to the the issue, I have no clue and he should be held responsible.

You are once again lying through your teeth. Governor Snyder appointed an emergency manager for the city of Flint who is now running Detroit schools. Governor Snyder's interim emergency manager changed the source of drinking water to Flint from Lake Huron to the Flint River TO SAVE MONEY for the state. It will now cost 10 times what would have been saved, because all the water pipes in Flint will have to be replaced. But what CANNOT BE REPLACED is the well being of the kids that SOB poisoned. He cannot be indicted soon enough for me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Weasel words:

In his state of the state address last night, Republican Governor Rick Snyder apologized and promised to fix the crisis in Flint, Michigan, where tap water was poisoned with staggeringly high levels of lead. Trying to cut costs under a state-appointed emergency manager, in 2014 the city ended its contract with Detroit’s water system and switched to taking corrosive water from the Flint River that was pumped through antiquated pipes. “You did not create this crisis, and you do not deserve this,” said Snyder. “Government failed you at the federal, state and local level.” Paul Egan and Kathleen Gray report for the Detroit Free Press. On Sunday, Obama declared a federal state of emergency, allowing agencies like FEMA to move in and help out.

http://billmoyers.com/story/morning-reads-flints-water-crisis-finally-grabs-attention-of-state-and-federal-government/

Where was the failure, except for the Governor's failure (and the "emergency" manager he put in place)? It was ultimately his decision to reroute Flint's water supply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum